Survey problem

sunnydaze

I just got home from our cruise, and was e-mailed a “We value your opinion Survey” to fill out.

I filled out the 1st page - then clicked "Next" to look ahead at the questions in the rest of the survey.

When I went back to complete the entire survey, it thanked me for filling it all out. BUT - I DIDN'T FILL it all out because it wouldn't let me access it again.

I asked them to please send me another survey that I can fill out completely, now I know not to look ahead, and go back and they e-mailed me back -

I looked up your survey and found that it has been fully submitted. Once a survey is completed, it cannot be modified or taken again.”

I know it’s important to the employees who were exceptional, for us to fill in the survey. I only filled in the page about our cabin - VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

The survey itself is rated "F"

I had problems accessing the post-cruise survey last year. I called Customer Service and they offered to email me a version. I was on the phone with them and did not get the email. They tried again, and again I did not get the email. I asked if they could send me a paper version to fill out. The response was that they would email me a version to print and send. When I asked how that would help me when I am obviously having issues getting emails from HAL, the customer service agent had no response.

It really seems like they no longer care what passengers think about their cruising experience. Not being able to send a paper copy to passengers who request it is ridiculous. (And before anyone asks, yes, I checked my spam filters and my spam folders -- no email.)

I didn't even try to fill out my online surveys following my last two cruises. Both times we were away for over a month and were just swamped with things that had to be attended to when we got home. A survey for HAL was at the bottom of the list. If we had had a paper copy in the stateroom on the last day we would have had the time to complete a survey.

I just got home from our cruise, and was e-mailed a “We value your opinion Survey” to fill out.

I filled out the 1st page - then clicked "Next" to look ahead at the questions in the rest of the survey.

When I went back to complete the entire survey, it thanked me for filling it all out. BUT - I DIDN'T FILL it all out because it wouldn't let me access it again.

I asked them to please send me another survey that I can fill out completely, now I know not to look ahead, and go back and they e-mailed me back -

I looked up your survey and found that it has been fully submitted. Once a survey is completed, it cannot be modified or taken again.”

I know it’s important to the employees who were exceptional, for us to fill in the survey. I only filled in the page about our cabin - VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

The survey itself is rated "F"

In the past when a survey didn't show up in my inbox I sent in an email to customer service. I too want exceptional service to be noted.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

This is how many web surveys work - so now you know.

One of the things it allows the survey to do is ask you some questions near the beginning of the survey and then ask you the same questions again later on in the survey. The difference in the answers you give first time round and second time round can be significant.

For what it's worth, my wife and I have experienced all of the above-noted difficulties with HAL's web site and its Survey - most aggravating of all is HAL's insistence on sending us only ONE Survey form, even though my wife has her own e-mail address and has requested her own Survey form. We much prefer the old paper Survey forms that used to be distributed on board toward the end of each cruise - our ratings were undoubtedly more reflective of our experience than they are a week-to-a-month later. We have corresponded with HAL about this issue to no avail - we will continue to voice our concerns and hope that over time HAL executives will re-visit the issue and return to th old Survey system.

R

I always like it when your doing b2b and they send you the survey for the first one while your still cruising and then by the time you get home to fill it out they tell you its been 'timed out'.

I found out after my January Westerdam cruise that the surveys are available for a limited time after the cruise. When I could not complete it, I wrote a letter to Mr. Kruse because there were so many positive things I wanted to say about this one week cruise and many of the crew with whom I had interactions. I did receive a response from Mr. Kruse's office in return.

I had problems accessing the post-cruise survey last year. I called Customer Service and they offered to email me a version. I was on the phone with them and did not get the email. They tried again, and again I did not get the email. I asked if they could send me a paper version to fill out. The response was that they would email me a version to print and send. When I asked how that would help me when I am obviously having issues getting emails from HAL, the customer service agent had no response.

It really seems like they no longer care what passengers think about their cruising experience. Not being able to send a paper copy to passengers who request it is ridiculous. (And before anyone asks, yes, I checked my spam filters and my spam folders -- no email.)

Is it only the survey you have had problems receiving or is it e-mail in general from HAL? Did you receive the usual HAL e-mail before the cruise telling when cruise documents are ready for printing?

Last year we arrived back from our Amazon Cruise Dec. 22 and we certainly didn't take the time to fill out our survey they sent us. After the Christmas and New Years rush was over I sat down to complete the survey only to find out that it had timed out. I contacted HAL and was told that it is an independent Company that sends them out and so they couldn't help me.

After my cruise in the spring I didn't even receive one. I guess they figured if I didn't fill out the other there was no sense in sending another.

I think what they need to survey is their continuing customer relations.

Helen

I always like it when your doing b2b and they send you the survey for the first one while your still cruising and then by the time you get home to fill it out they tell you its been 'timed out'.

I'll second that. They did that to us and we were on a collecors' cruise.!!!!

How the devil do they expect you to do a survey while you are still cruising?

Thanks for all your comments – nice to know I’m not alone. When I was going thru all the e-mails that had come while we were away cruising, I found a survey they had sent to my husband. We use the same e-mail address, so I was surprised to see the same survey. Good news is that we filled it out together, and I said everything I wanted to, and on the last page it asked if there was anything else I wanted to say – Well – you’ll be happy to know that I pretty much told them all the concerns mentioned on this thread. I also told them that their survey is not accurate, as there are many older folks who don’t e-mail and are not given the chance to mail in a paper survey.

And yes, Globaliser I learned my lesson that you can’t go back. It was submitted successfully! I feel better now.

I also received an “Auto Response from Guest Relations”

Thank you for your email to Holland America Line's Guest Relations Department.

We are committed to providing our guests with the highest level of service, and appreciate the effort it takes to write to us. Please be assured that we respond to all correspondence in the date order it is received. At times, it can take a couple of weeks to properly investigate and research some issues in order to provide a complete and accurate response. We appreciate this opportunity to review your correspondence and thank you for your patience. “

We disembarked from the Volendam on the 22nd, arrived home the following day, the e-mail survey forms had arrived. (Do they really think people want to complete the survey before unpacking after a 34 day cruise:rolleyes:)

Today, 26th, another message reminding us to complete the survey, as they need the feedback before December 2nd.

When I filled in the survey, At the ports of call section, not all of the ports were listed, when I mentioned this to DH, he replied that the ports missing on my survey were listed on his survey, but some of the ports listed on my survey were missing from his survey, for instance, Melbourne listed on my survey, but not on his.

Last spring when we got home from a Collector's cruise, we waited and waited for the e-mail survey. After 2 or 3 weeks we called and they e-mailed us a generic form that I had to run off -- 2 copies -- one for each of us. Then we had to send them back to HAL by regular mail.

We just got home today and I see that HAL e-mailed the surveys on Monday. Hope we have a few days to fill them out.

Last spring when we got home from a Collector's cruise, we waited and waited for the e-mail survey. After 2 or 3 weeks we called and they e-mailed us a generic form that I had to run off -- 2 copies -- one for each of us. Then we had to send them back to HAL by regular mail.

We just got home today and I see that HAL e-mailed the surveys on Monday. Hope we have a few days to fill them out.

Welcome home KK, you have been missed on the boards. Hope you had a wonderful cruise and get those survey's filled out.:D:D:D