what is the best price you have paid for allure/oasis

jeb3779

Please state price and what kind of cabin….thanks!

We are on the Allure and booked a last minute cruise for 30 Nov 14.

Balcony guarantee (Cat X) with a $650 OBC and prepaid gratuities for 2 passengers. It was $999/pp. We have 1 adult and 3 kids in the cabin. Total cost was $2897. We ended up with a D2 (cabin choices with 4 passengers is limited).

Had not booked 4 passengers per cabin, 2 passengers would have been about $2k with $650 OBC and prepaid gratuities or PP $999 less $325 OBC & $168 gratuities making it around $506.

The deal was good enough to make me jump on it last minute. :)

thanks for the responses - right now its about 3700 for the 4 of us almost double what the breeze is. I'm willing to pay more but not double. I'm hoping I can get a great last minute deal. we can book the day before if needed

$649 x 110% single supplement with a full balcony discount and next cruise certificate full OBC applied on 31 August sailing 2013 for a X Balcony GTY on a Saturday special on the 10 of August, 2013.

Then onboard they sold me a dining package for specialty dining for $110 that included the Chef's Table, Giovani's for lunch and dinner, 150 Central Park, Chop's.

Somehow, I think you will win the least expensive stateroom award.

Don't know about that. When BOGOHO started I knew we wanted Eastern so I just picked the least expensive date in the Sept-early Dec timeframe.

Or at least the least expensive that I saw. Could have missed something:p

Prices have recently gone up and RCCL is claiming that they will no longer give deeply discounted last minute cruises. Also keep in mind that last minute cruises get you no choice of cabin, dynamic dining, entertainment or possible higher airfare. With so many different cabin categories and so many reasons why people may have gotten OBC or a special rate I am wondering what the purpose of this thread is except to make people unhappy that they were not lucky enough to book at 8 am on a Wed on the first day of a special promotion when the wrong prices were entered into the computer. Okay, just kidding, but we've all heard about those.

A better question might be strategies to get lowest prices, which has been covered many times on these boards. In a nutshell it is book early for the least popular cruise times and look for price drops BEFORE final payment or book late and get the leftovers. Good luck in the search.

Unbelievably low price. That is around the typical price for a JS on that ship!

I know! Booked a balcony in April and kept watching for deals. Saw this 2 weeks ago (military rate just before Veterans Day) and jumped on it. Probably will be our only suite ever but we plan on enjoying every minute of it!

$727 pp B1 on Nov 29, booked January 2014 during WOW sale

Cruise is next week, FINALLY! :)

Bill

I wanted to compare the short-term deals now with what you booked back in January.

There were not any B1 on your Oasis cruise I could find at this time. There is a guaranteed balcony for $699 and a D8 for $779.

I also looked at the Allure Nov 30 deals and the B1 is at $769 now.

Looks like you got a good deal back in January and your price has held up pretty well.

We are planning on cruising Oasis or Allure sometime in February or early March but won't know when my husbands time off will be until a few weeks before. I will be hoping there is at least some sort of balcony and that we get it for a reasonable price.