Mattress Question

atdahop

They are currently in the process of changing mattress fleet wide.

I hadn't heard that. Can you provide more information?

We were recently on the Golden in a mini suite for a 17 day cruise and the mattress was hard enough that my back hurt every morning.

We were just on the Golden in October and the mattress was so comfy. I was hoping someone could tell me the particulars about it. I do not know if they had been changed yet or if they were the old ones but it was great.

I hadn't heard that. Can you provide more information?

We were recently on the Golden in a mini suite for a 17 day cruise and the mattress was hard enough that my back hurt every morning.

Shhhh, dont tell Pam in CA. She is saying that they are all the new pillow top mattresses for the last few years. I for one have NEVER had one of the new pillowtop mattresses yet. I guess there will be a first for everything someday, maybe...

Shhhh, dont tell Pam in CA. She is saying that they are all the new pillow top mattresses for the last few years. I for one have NEVER had one of the new pillowtop mattresses yet. I guess there will be a first for everything someday, maybe...

And on our 8 cruises (on 5 different ships) since April 2012 we have always had a pillowtop...we must be living right :D.

And on our 8 cruises (on 5 different ships) since April 2012 we have always had a pillowtop...we must be living right :D.

You are living right and so is Pam!! :D We must be on the wrong side of Princess. 2 out of 4 beds this year on Princess were the old beds. There was a valley in the middle where we rolled every night. The beds were so bad, we cancelled our 28 day TP on the Golden. I can't take the chance of another bad bed. On the Grand, I couldn't walk for an hour after getting up every morning. It was a nightmare for 15 nights. :eek:

It's the Royal, Regal or HAL for us until Princess really changes all the mattresses.

Cheers, Denise

But does anyone know what kind of pillowtop mattress?

I looked because the pillow top we did have our last 7 days was heavenly. I was going to buy one ASAP but it only says Princess!! HAL actually sells their mattresses. For some they are most comfortable, others not so much.

Cheers, Denise

All of the CCL brands including Princess, all of the RCCL brands and 70 percent of cruise lines worldwide use mattresses manufactured by the Italian firm Matermoll. They manufacture mattresses that meet maritime fire safety standards. Princess has been upgrading their mattresses to a better quality mattresses with a pillow top. Don't know how this compares to the Matermoll mattresses used by other cruise lines.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I looked because the pillow top we did have our last 7 days was heavenly. I was going to buy one ASAP but it only says Princess!! HAL actually sells their mattresses. For some they are most comfortable, others not so much.

Cheers, Denise

Thanks, I looked too and that's what it said on mine. I know that this is subjective, but for me, it was heavenly also. There should be stores that you can try out the mattresses by sleeping overnight. How can you tell in 15 minutes if you'll wake up with a backache or not? I know that there are places that will take a return but I do not want to go through the hassle of that.

Cheers, Denise

They were changing the mattresses when I was on Coral last year.

I took some pictures of the full labels, shipping information, etc.

I will see if I can find and post.

I do recall that the new mattresses were exactly the same as the

ones being replaced -- absent a few years of crushing by two-legged

cattle.

Edited by pablo222

On my Saphire,Golden and Carribean Princess cruises I had pillowtop mattresses this year...very comfortable!

Just off the Golden. It was great having the pillow top mattress. It's the first time I have cruised Princess and didn't need a egg crate. The mattress was really comfortable v

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, got off the Grand last week and the mattress in our Caribe deck balcony was as hard as concrete. No pillow top.

Will be on the Ruby in a couple of weeks and just ordered an egg crate.

Can't repeat that lack of sleep on the Grand.

The only time we have had a pillowtop was in Mini suites on the Island and

on the Sapphire.And on the newer Royal, mattress was comfortable.

I too must be on the wrong side of mattress karma. My only two Princess cruises have been in the past year on the Diamond and the Grand. The Diamond mattress was truly awful (but the cruise was great). On the Grand, there was a double egg crate topper in place when we first arrived in our cabin. We hadn't requested them but I shudder to think of how bad the mattress would have been without them. Will be on the the Crown in June and really, really hoping for a pillow top!

My Baja balcony cabin on the Golden recently had non-pillowtop mattresses that sagged in the middle--not where the two beds met, but in the center of each mattress.

Edited by Ryndam2002
clarity

All of the CCL brands including Princess, all of the RCCL brands and 70 percent of cruise lines worldwide use mattresses manufactured by the Italian firm Matermoll. They manufacture mattresses that meet maritime fire safety standards. Princess has been upgrading their mattresses to a better quality mattresses with a pillow top. Don't know how this compares to the Matermoll mattresses used by other cruise lines.

Winner!!!

In the US:

http://www.globalresourceregistry.com/index.php?file=onearticoli&form_id_articoli=5&tags=Admiral%20mattress,%20Royal%20Caribbean%20mattress,%20RCCL%20Admiral%20mattress,%20RCCL%20Mattress,%20Matermoll%20mattress,%20Matermoll&id=5

20131106_PrincessMattress_6661.jpg.3e902c6388611a03cbbc8bf8cbaee327.jpg

Edited by pablo222

I have seen the Admiral mattresses and some that didn't state a model in inside and balcony cabins. I have also seen the Lux model in Suites. We were in a Window Suite on the Grand in March and a Deluxe balcony on the Regal in September. The mattresses on the Grand were the Lux model with a 2011 date which means they had been there since the completion of her major drydock in May of 2011. The mattresses on the a Regal did not have a model name. On both ships there was a pillow top over the mattresses and we could not feel the joint between the two mattresses. It felt like we had just one mattress. Even though the mattresses on the Grand were three years old, they were still the right firmness. The mattresses on both cruises were among the best we have had. That is not always the case, but if I get a cabin with bad mattresses in the future, I will demand a replacement. They always have new mattresses on board.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app