Bad signs from the Quantum launchs

Italiansal

Apparently RCL is trying to do away with the main dining room. I read a couple of Facebook posts from Quantum passengers saying that the three or four alternative dining rooms offer the same menu every day. People have suggested that this is a ploy to drive people to the specialty restaurants. Apparently RCL wants to roll this out fleet wide.

This smells like a money grab to me. I have been on two RCL cruises and loved both. But I cannot afford to be nickeled and dimed any more then I am.

I have a New England/Canada cruise booked next year. But, all the bad press and hype around the Quantum is giving me second thoughts.

Thoughts?

We enjoyed Dynamic Dining and had no problems with it on the Quantum. We did not book anything prior to the cruise and totally winged it. NO PROBLEMS AT ALL! There is a lot of food even if you cannot for any reason find a reservation in any paid or included restaurant.

You should not worry about it at all. Enjoy your cruise.

The menus do not change at all on Quantum no matter how short/long the cruise is.

Is there a menu nightly that includes simple entrees like a grilled chicken breast with mashed potatoes? Or the simple steak that is currently served nightly?

Is there a menu nightly that includes simple entrees like a grilled chicken breast with mashed potatoes? Or the simple steak that is currently served nightly?

The basic alternative "always available" menu was NOT available on our Quantum sailing

I thought I read there are additional menus available everyday. If I recall correctly, they are called simple taste and/or fast track menus.

I thought I read there are additional menus available everyday. If I recall correctly, they are called simple taste and/or fast track menus.

It may change, as more seem to be asking the same questions on CC.......

RCI released a Dynamic Dining FAQ's and they said they will not be implementing DD on Freedom in the upcoming dry dock. This was back in October. Maybe far far down the road... but not yet....
RCI seriously considered instituting DD during the Jan. 2015 drydock but then decided not to implement it after drydock. From what I have gleaned from Cruise Critic and other cruise forums, they want to see how it works out on QU & OA class ships. There may have also been some structural issues that they could not handle during drydock.

During the late summer, officers were informing passengers at C&A events that DD was coming after drydock but then in the fall, officers were telling passengers that it was not being instituted during drydock.

This was sent out to a friend recently who asked about the alternative/everyday menus.

[ATTACH]332720[/ATTACH]

Totally different from what I understood the menu would be.

Hi Liz,

Those alternative menus looked good to me. Thanks for posting. You always have access to so much great information.

When I had a conversation with Darren, the Hotel Director one evening, I asked specifically about changes to the menu.

He informed me that as all menus are being designed with insert-able menu pages in fixed menu folders, so that menus could be adapted for when a ship changes season or region. Desert menus are on a menu card system.

The only venue I know that changed their menu mid-cruise on the TA was Divinly Decadence, where the menu was simplified in the evening. New menus were printed onboard and where available for the evening when submitted after breakfast the day of the change.

Brad

This was sent out to a friend recently who asked about the alternative/everyday menus.

[ATTACH]332720[/ATTACH]

Ok Liz,

I see what you mean now. Those are just selections from their normal menus that they consider to be more 'simple'.

I think they need to have some more 'basic' entrees for some tastes to keep everyone satisfied. Thanks again.

As for Freedom-

you can't blame folks for being confused:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44832647&postcount=121

It really could go any way. It is a long dry dock. who knows!!:confused:

Saw that but the Captain and other officers have been saying that FR will not get DD during drydock and RCI is still saying that the ship will not be converted but uses the qualifier "at this time" RCI could make structural changes on the ship that would enable them to convert FR to DD but institute it later. OA had changes made during its October 2014 drydock but they are not inaugurating DD until March 14, 2015.

Ok Liz,

I see what you mean now. Those are just selections from their normal menus that they consider to be more 'simple'.

I think they need to have some more 'basic' entrees for some tastes to keep everyone satisfied. Thanks again.

I expected each of the 4 complimentary restaurants to have the same Simple Menu...Sirloin Steak, Grilled Chicken, Fish, Pasta...I didn't expect them to have different items in the different restaurants.

My friend who was able to get this copy of the menu is currently on QN so I am eager to hear what he has to say about this menu when he gets back home.

I gave up trying to get a sirlion steak on our sailing :(

I did get a Filet Mignon in Chops though...yummy scrummy (after they cooked it a bit more for me). :D

I expected each of the 4 complimentary restaurants to have the same Simple Menu...Sirloin Steak, Grilled Chicken, Fish, Pasta...I didn't expect them to have different items in the different restaurants.

My friend who was able to get this copy of the menu is currently on QN so I am eager to hear what he has to say about this menu when he gets back home.

I gave up trying to get a sirlion steak on our sailing :(

I did get a Filet Mignon in Chops though...yummy scrummy (after they cooked it a bit more for me). :D

I don't know if DH and the other couple we travel with will like the Simple Menu -- DH is very, very picky. They like the Alternative menu now.

[ATTACH]332720[/ATTACH]

The menus did not show on my iPad. Were they taken down. Will someone please resend attachment. We have a son & friend that are meat & potatoes people. Thanks

Kathie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The menus did not show on my iPad. Were they taken down. Will someone please resend attachment. We have a son & friend that are meat & potatoes people. Thanks

Kathie

The attachment is working fine for me. Try a different computer.