Best time Panama Canal

Full90

We did a Panama Canal cruise about ten years ago. It was late April. I swear, I have never been so hot in my life as when we did our excursion to the Panama City area. It was a humid, cloying heat. I felt as if I couldn't breath. My advice is to travel to the Canal as early in the month as as you can manage.

Booking a panama canal cruise in 2016. Is late March better than late April/may? The March/April seems to be selling better than the April/may. Wondering if the weather changes that much in two weeks.

Temperature wise it makes little difference when you go as high temps only vary a few degrees throughout the year and for someone from Colorado I'm sure you will find it hot whenever you go. The late March would be my preference since the Dry Season should still be well entrenched. The change over from Dry Season to Rainy Season can begin late April early May, of course that brings a better chance of rain. However the rain is not the bad guy necessarily... with the onset of the Rainy Season the trade winds drop off and the humidity can rise which of course can make you feel less comfortable.

I've done transits in December, early March, and April. All were hot by any definition. All were fantastic.

It's an equatorial jungle, so quite different than an ocean resort. In that climate temperature changes little, the weather is either rainy or dry.

If you go on a canal excursion (and I recommend it) plan for temperatures over 90 degrees, very high humidity, and bright sunshine. So, lots of water, sunscreen, and look for shade often.

When ever you go, you'll have a great trip.

Harris

Denver, CO

Thanks to all for the advice. Just gave up cabin 6144 on the March 27 2016 sailings. Switched to the April 26th sailing

Good Choice. We sailed the full Canal from San Diego to Miami on Infinity from April 14 to 29th. 2014. Weather was perfect majority of the time accept Colon for a few hours but we were on a bus and under a roof at Miraflores Locks. Great trip.

Thanks to all for the advice. Just gave up cabin 6144 on the March 27 2016 sailings. Switched to the April 26th sailing

We had 6143 on the March 30,2014 sailing. The weather was perfect. It was hot in Columbia but the rest was very good, no rain. Had a great time.