What is a ladies

Minoushka

Ladies, I was last on O 7 yrs. ago. I remember beautifully dressed cruisers, truly dressed from latest cruise collections. I am now on 72N segments of Insignias Spring WC.Mainly tropical Asia/SPacific. What can I expect to see in Female dinner dressing?

I do have shorts ,tops ,hats ,sunscreen,mosquitoe repellent or skin so soft ,comfy sandals or flip flops .....

My suitcase is too heavy ...not sure what I should pull out ...so right now

im just staring at it ...useless action

I find my toiletries are big andbulky but smaller sizes are non existant so Ihave some pretty big containers and not easy to pour elsewhere

How many dresses,shorts. Slacks etc does one take for 22 days

Smart older mor experienced cruisers can manage very well with the same wardrobe for two- six weeks. You are not going to be noticed when you wear the same thing twice. Do some laundry and leave the dressy stuff and half odd the rest at home.

Ladies, I was last on O 7 yrs. ago. I remember beautifully dressed cruisers, truly dressed from latest cruise collections. I am now on 72N segments of Insignias Spring WC.Mainly tropical Asia/SPacific. What can I expect to see in Female dinner dressing?

You will see what is typical on Oceania -- some women dressed "beautifully" as you recall in elegant cocktail-type garb in the evenings and others who wear the same general type of clothes day and evening -- e.g. simple capris/slacks and a top. Both options fall within the guidelines of resort casual.

For hot and humid South Pacific:

2 - 3 bathing suits, a rash guard or t-shirt for snorkeling to avoid sunburn

buy colorful pareo in Papeete market or on other islands for bathing suit cover up, buy another one for cover up in cool rooms on ship

3 pairs of shorts or capris

3 pairs of long pants

6 tops from casual to fancy, all of them coordinated with your shorts and pants

2 silk or wool pashmina type scarves for cool rooms on the ship

buy inexpensive shell necklace and buy pearls

1 pair of 'day wear on the ship' shoes

1 pair of 'evening wear' shoes

1 pair of walking sandals or sneakers (wear on plane)

1 pair of water shoes

Pour favorite shampoo etc. into small empty containers available from drugstores, use free Oceania's products

Bring large containers of sunscreen and mosquito repellent

Put together a small collection of over counter medicines that you might need such as immodium, gavrol with ginger, antibiotic cream in case your skin scrapes on coral, bandaid etc. Nothing extraordinary since FP has plenty of pharmacies with French products.

If you insist, bring one (1) black dress.

How are the bath products on Oceania, particularly shampoo and conditioner? I'm thinking of not bringing my own. Not much of a space saver, really, but if the products are good, it's one less thing I have to bring.

While we're talking about packing and stuff, how many outlets are in the concierge rooms on Regatta? I did see one review that indicated that there were more European style outlets, so I'm wondering if I need to bring a converter? Those recessed outlets on many ships make it challenging for plugging in blow dryers, etc.

How are the bath products on Oceania, particularly shampoo and conditioner? I'm thinking of not bringing my own. Not much of a space saver, really, but if the products are good, it's one less thing I have to bring.

While we're talking about packing and stuff, how many outlets are in the concierge rooms on Regatta? I did see one review that indicated that there were more European style outlets, so I'm wondering if I need to bring a converter? Those recessed outlets on many ships make it challenging for plugging in blow dryers, etc.

I find the Bulgaria products just fine but you may not

you could always pick some product up ashore if the shampoo is not to your liking

Unless things have changed there were 2 -110V & 2 -220V outlets by the desk one outlet for shavers in the bathroom

There is a handheld dryer in the cabin

Edited by LHT28

Were the plugs by the desk the recessed kind or are they flush with the wall?

I saw that they have blow dryers; I have to bring my own as most hotel/cruise ship dryers just aren't strong enough to deal with my hair.

There is a photo in this thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=43615497&highlight=outlets#post43615497

As to the blow dryers, the ones they used to have in the bathrooms (especially category "A" and below) were not heavy duty. But in recent years the ones they have (usually NOT in the bathroom, but in a desk drawer) are of better quality.

I cannot compare anymore personally because while in my younger years I had very thick, wavy, very long hair, these days it's still thick and wavy but SHORT. So for me, especially if I've just had a hair cut, I don't even need to blow it dry.

But my observation of the dryers available in the upper category suites (PH and above) is that they do the job. You won't know yourself until you are there!

Mura

Mura I think the hair dryers are all the same in the cabins at least in the A & B on the O class ships they were

They do a good job but like you my hair is shorter & I just air dry it unless in a hurry to get to dinner then I use the HD :D

That's why I always bring mine - because you don't know for sure until you get there. It's been rare to find a powerful dryer in a hotel, and they're virtually nonexistent on a ship. The one I use is a dual voltage 1875 watts. It's great for overseas travel as it doesn't need a converter.

I do have shorts ,tops ,hats ,sunscreen,mosquitoe repellent or skin so soft ,comfy sandals or flip flops .....

My suitcase is too heavy ...not sure what I should pull out ...so right now

im just staring at it ...useless action

I find my toiletries are big andbulky but smaller sizes are non existant so Ihave some pretty big containers and not easy to pour elsewhere

How many dresses,shorts. Slacks etc does one take for 22 days

Only you can decide regardless of what others think ...Like you I have a whole wardrobe of "cruise clothes" and shoes!! LOL! Last time for 7 nights, I did "slightly" overpack .... But hey, I don't care, I'm happy and content if I have what I have chosen to take and I enjoy having a choice depending on my mood, where we are going to eat etc etc. and if I don't wear anything and it goes home unworn, well that's fine too! We also do have laundry done and it is always very nicely done too.

The Bulgari toiletries I do like, and I'm very fussy with my shampoos and conditioner at home. You can buy small empty bottles in pharmacies or the supermarket to decant your own - if you're unsure about hair products, just take your conditioner and use the ship shampoo. What I've also done is refill the small bottles you get in hotels or ships with my own products - and I always pick up the free sample toothpastes from the dentist as they are just the right size for a week or so.

Last month on Riviera, there were all sorts of different interpretation of smart casual (or country club casual whatever that means and it means absolutely nothing to us in the UK!) - just like you would see at home!

Wear what you want, what suits you and look fabulous - let's face it, we are all of an age, I imagine, that if we don't know by now what suits us, we never will! ;):D. Mind you, some are still working on that idea! And also I think I'm old enough to wear what I want and I could care less what anyone thinks ..... Except my DH, but even then ..... LOL!

One of the things I love on a cruise is actually having the time to enjoy getting ready for dinner - with no "home" distractions! Preferably with a glass of champagne .... Lovely! :D

Floridiana posted info for FP that is more important than clothing. Sunscreen is a must and also you really need to watch out for the coral. On PG I had never seen so many cuts and scrapes (some not minor) due to the coral. We jet skied and I was nervous in case I fell off because I did not want to sever anything. I do not swim with sharks therefore the coral was what scared me.

I have snorkeled in many super places I know Coral can cause pretty bad infections .My rule you do not touch anything in the water nor stand on rocks or on Coral as some can turn out to be stone fish

.i usually keep a good distance from it unless the current is strong and pushes you on it ...als no picking up shells

I have snorkeled in many super places I know Coral can cause pretty bad infections .My rule you do not touch anything in the water nor stand on rocks or on Coral as some can turn out to be stone fish

.i usually keep a good distance from it unless the current is strong and pushes you on it ...als no picking up shells

I did not wear any long pants or capris or dresses during the day in FP, far too hot & humid!! I wore lightweight 'active wear' ex: Nike, Columbia.... tanks(with built in bra) sport skirts and bermudas. For water excursions a coverup and swimsuit. In the evening few women wore flashy clothing. You can find items like these at your local Sports Expert.

pwp_sheet?$NIKE_PWPx3$&$img0=621219_010&$img1=621219_087&$img2=621219_233

Item made of breathable microfibres are easy to wash and you can pack many as they are very lightweight.

If your cruise is ending in Sydney, watch for anything you buy as some things will not be allowed into Australia even if you are flying straight home after the cruise.

I did not wear any long pants or capris or dresses during the day in FP, far too hot & humid!! I wore lightweight 'active wear' ex: Nike, Columbia.... tanks(with built in bra) sport skirts and bermudas. For water excursions a coverup and swimsuit. In the evening few women wore flashy clothing. You can find items like these at your local Sports Expert.

pwp_sheet?$NIKE_PWPx3$&$img0=621219_010&$img1=621219_087&$img2=621219_233

Item made of breathable microfibres are easy to wash and you can pack many as they are very lightweight.

Wow, I wish I still had the figure to pull that outfit off. Not anymore. I am now in the loose light cotton and linen league. :p

I do try to look good thank you ....im still thinking about my hot rollers ..how to fit them in

I curled my long blond streaked hair this weekend ..it was awesome .i had a head of long flowing curls ..i loved them ...very rarely am

I satisfied with my hair look but this worked

So i have to put them in and not crush them ...but where ...suitcase is prettyb full so is carry on ...i hate these restrictive airlines ...a few more lbs and i could sneak them in my carry on

I do try to look good thank you ....im still thinking about my hot rollers ..how to fit them in

I curled my long blond streaked hair this weekend ..it was awesome .i had a head of long flowing curls ..i loved them ...very rarely am

I satisfied with my hair look but this worked

So i have to put them in and not crush them ...but where ...suitcase is prettyb full so is carry on ...i hate these restrictive airlines ...a few more lbs and i could sneak them in my carry on

I have long blonde hair, also. I bought a small set of electric jumbos by Conair (travel size) and I bring my small Baby Bliss Pro travel size blow dryer. They fit nicely and do a great job. I have to use the rollers in two stages but beats going to the salon for a blow dry. You can get these items on Amazon.