Rotary make up on ms Maasdam??

JDK1988

I think he means a makeup meeting to make up for missing one at home while away on a cruise.

OP, you'd have better luck asking your question on your Roll Call thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2035304

And, welcome to Cruise Critic! I hope you enjoy your cruise!

I just remembered something else. Check the daily program because there may be a time for service club meetings. I think I read about it here on CC that they have one meeting for all service clubs.

Edited by Alberta Quilter

My wife and are sailing on the ms Maasdam Dec 12th out of Ft Lauderdale. Any Rotarians sailing too that want to convene a makeup??

Jim Kennedy

Gate City Rotary Greensboro NC D7690

HAL has a service club meeting every cruise. (at least all the ones I have been on) There they will give you your "Make up" (former Rotarian here). Most of the people that come are Rotarians ironically enough - at least on the ones I went to.

Just check your On Location. It will be in the programme on a sea day.

You can meet some interesting people depending upon the turnout.

A Service Club meeting was held each week during our recent cruise, chaired by a staff member who issued a "make up" certificate to those attending. A fellow Rotarian gave DH a club banner to present to our Rotary club, DH has now mailed an exchange banner from our club.

As others have said, check the daily programme for the venue and time.

I was wondering the same thing. DH is in a different service club and it doesn't have that rule.

It's not mandatory as long as you only miss so many meetings, however, many like to go and the make up helps with their attendance record and the club's attendance record. Some people like to have perfect attendance :D

Plus it is a friendly thing to do! :). Daughter was in Peru working with a cleft palate clinic and went to Rotary meeting. She had to give a short speech in Spanish and brought Jelly Belly candy from California to share. The Peruvian Club shared their local "brew".

My wife and are sailing on the ms Maasdam Dec 12th out of Ft Lauderdale. Any Rotarians sailing too that want to convene a makeup??

Jim Kennedy

Gate City Rotary Greensboro NC D7690

Jim

as a fellow Rotarian here in southern Indiana I think a cruise is a great way to do a make-up meeting! Hey why not see if we can recruit a few hundred Rotarians and have our own cruise to the Caribbean next year! Maybe we can get a group rate! LOL:D