water on board?

cebee123

I have seen in different places people talking about bringing bottled water on cruise ships, and I see RC offers cases of bottled water for sale..so my question is- are there no water fountains etc where one could fill up a water bottle or is the water on board horrible.. or is the only way to get drinking water to buy it? I know it sounds silly, but I drink a lot of water but am not fussy. I dont want to drag bottled water along if the water on board is adequate. If marginal i could bring some crystal light packets I guess?

I am going on the Vision of the Seas in March ( although I assume the answer would be the same for any ship?)

no water fountains.

the water is perfectly drinkable and will taste better than tap water in some locations.

bring your own bottle( some people bring one of the filter bottles) but they do ask that when you use the dispenser in the buffet that you use one of their glasses to fill from the machine and pour from that

you can have tap water in the MDR as well as bottled or sparkling( for a cost)

One can usually find chilled water in the gym, in a bubbler, which should make it easy to fill a water bottle. There is also ice water at the buffet, either in pitchers or from a spigot, on most ships, I believe. There are drinking fountains near all restrooms, but getting a water bottle under the flow of the water might be tricky, just as it might be tough to get the mouth of a water bottle under the sink tap in a restroom or in one's cabin. Getting a glass/cup of water at any bar is also easy.

You can get free water. Not necessary to bring water on board, unless you are extremely fussy! You can get water in the Windjammer, on some ships they have water dispensers in the Cafes and even at the pool bars it's also fine to drink tap water though it may not be real cold. We always take water bottles and then get glasses of water and pour into them

The water on board is amazing....it is highly filtered and tastes great. That includes the tap water in your stateroom. We had a plastic water bottle with us and just kept refilling it as needed. You can ask for tap water at any bar and is readily given at the buffets and in the main diningroom for dinner. No need to bring bottled water on board or purchase it in my opinion.

the tap water on ships is potable [ safe enough to be consumed by humans]it is served with in MDR with meals for free . there is ice and cold water machine ,you will have to fill up with clean cup [supplied] then pour into your bottle ,:) not to cross contaminate , enjoy your cruise :cool:

Normally they don't let you to bring water onboard the ship. They do have water fountains around the ship and water onboard is distilled so is safe to drink. I've seen in several ships fountains that does not allowed to fill out personal water bottlers due to sanitation. :cool:

And you still get many selfish people still re-filling their water bottles directly from the spouts, not giving a toss about cross contamination!

:( :( :(

My sister was on an Alaska cruise last summer and told me she saw many people lugging bottles of water on board- made me think maybe the water on board cruise ships was horrible or something! Thanks all!! I will bring a water bottle ( and fill it from a cup.. .I promise!!):D

There was no plain water in the Freestyle machines on the Freedom in October.

We took refillable bottles and also used the cup with our soda package. Went to WJ or Promenade Cafe and took glasses of ice water and poured them into our bottles or cups. Worked fine and tasted fine.

We saw other people taking 2 glasses of water each back to their cabin to fill bottles.

One can usually find chilled water in the gym, in a bubbler, which should make it easy to fill a water bottle. There is also ice water at the buffet, either in pitchers or from a spigot, on most ships, I believe. There are drinking fountains near all restrooms, but getting a water bottle under the flow of the water might be tricky, just as it might be tough to get the mouth of a water bottle under the sink tap in a restroom or in one's cabin. Getting a glass/cup of water at any bar is also easy.

Have not seen water fountains near restrooms. Maybe they exist but I've never seen them. Filling directly into a water bottle is a no no, they ask that you use a glass at the water source then fill the bottle from that.

Have not seen water fountains near restrooms. Maybe they exist but I've never seen them. Filling directly into a water bottle is a no no, they ask that you use a glass at the water source then fill the bottle from that.

They are there, usually around the corner from the elevator lobbies, but I don't think on every deck, maybe every other or 2, I have used them. One can get water in any cabin, any bar, mdr, any SR, bathrooms, windjammer, some solariums

Edited by setsail

• 1 month later...
I have a question!! We bought the Ultimate package, it shows Evian! Only I never saw a place to get ANY, accept on Coco cay...and then she said I couldn't have it on my Ultimate package!! So I'm not saying it was not available at all...but I never found it on ship!!

Do they only offer Evian bottled water? I know it's considered a premium water, but personally, I hate the way it tastes. Not a huge fan of tap water, either but would probably rather drink it than pay for Evian anyway.

Evian is sold as single bottles or as part of a bottled water package (not unlimited). It is usually not provided as part of any of the unlimited beverage packages. They usually supply a different brand of water as part of the unlimited beverage packages. I've seen Crystal Geyser from time to time.

Edited by clarea

I haven't been on RCCL in over a year but Rules do change. Can you still bring bottled water on board the ship? I have a bottle with filter so that may be a better option but would like to know for sure. Also, can you bring Soda on board?