Longer Length Cruises Announced

Lovetwocruz2009

From John Heald's page:

So many of you asked for more longer cruises and I sent your request to the beards, here is their response.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES TO OFFER SERIES OF

UNIQUE LONGER LENGTH VOYAGES IN 2015-16

10- to 14-Day Voyages Depart from Seven U.S. Homeports on East and West Coasts, Gulf of Mexico, Visiting Destinations Throughout Caribbean, Bermuda and Mexican Riviera

MIAMI (December 5, 2014) – Carnival Cruise Lines will offer a series of unforgettable 10- to 14-day voyages on six different ships in 2015-16 that feature extended calls at magnificent destinations throughout the Caribbean, Bermuda, Mexican Riviera and The Bahamas.

Reservations opened today on 11 different voyages offered on Carnival Miracle, Carnival Dream, Carnival Glory and Carnival Sunshine which depart from five convenient U.S. homeports and visit more than two dozen tropical destinations, including less traveled ports like Bonaire, Martinique, Dominica, Grenada and, for the first time on a Carnival ship, Trinidad & Tobago. Several of the 10- and 11-day voyages can be combined into three-week-long Caribbean adventures providing an unmatched combination of breathtaking ports of call, amazing experiences ashore, and fun-filled sea days, all at an incredible value.

These new voyages are in addition to a previously announced series of nine 10- to 14-day departures to the Caribbean and Bermuda offered on Carnival Triumph and Carnival Pride in 2015-16.

“Based on feedback from our guests and travel agent partners, we’re delighted to offer these longer length voyages which provide vacationers an opportunity to visit some of the world’s most breathtaking destinations while enjoying all the wonderful on-board innovations and features found aboard Carnival’s ships,” said Terry Thornton, Carnival’s senior vice president of itinerary planning and revenue development.

The new voyages include:

Carnival Miracle

· Jan. 31- Feb. 12, 2015: 13-day Mexican Riviera voyage round-trip from Long Beach, Calif., calling at Cabo San Lucas (two-day call), La Paz, Mazatlán, Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa, Manzanillo, and Puerto Vallarta (overnight call).

Carnival Dream

· Oct. 4-15, 2015: 11-day Caribbean/Bermuda cruise from New Orleans to San Juan featuring Nassau, King’s Wharf, Bermuda (overnight call), St. Maarten and St. Thomas.

· Oct. 15-25, 2015: 10-day Caribbean cruise from San Juan to New Orleans with calls at St. Thomas, St. Kitts, St. Maarten, Grand Turk, and Falmouth, Jamaica (the above two cruises can be combined to create a 21-day round-trip voyage from New Orleans).

· Jan. 3-14, 2016: 11-day southern Caribbean cruise from New Orleans to San Juan with stops at Grand Turk, Aruba, Bonaire, St. Kitts, Antigua and St. Maarten.

· Jan. 14-25, 2016: a 10-day Caribbean cruise from San Juan to New Orleans calling at St. Thomas, Dominica, St. Kitts, Grand Turk and Falmouth (the above two cruises can be combined to create a 21-day round-trip voyage from New Orleans).

Carnival Glory

· Oct. 31–Nov. 13, 2015: 14-day Caribbean cruise round-trip from Miami visiting Aruba, Bonaire, Grenada, Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Thomas and St. Maarten.

· Jan. 23-Feb. 2, 2016: 10-day cruise from Miami to San Juan calling at the private Bahamian island of Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk, Antigua, Martinique, St. Lucia, St. Kitts and St. Thomas.

· Feb. 2-13, 2016: 11-day cruise from San Juan to Miami visiting St. Croix, St. Maarten, Dominica, Grenada, Bonaire, Aruba, and Curacao (the above two cruises can be combined to create a 21-day round-trip voyage from Miami).

Carnival Sunshine

· Nov. 28-Dec. 2, 2015: 11-day Caribbean/Bahamas voyage from Port Canaveral, Fla., to San Juan visiting Grand Turk, St. Thomas, Tortola, St. Kitts, Dominica, St. Lucia, Antigua and St. Croix.

· Dec. 9-19, 2015: 10-day Caribbean cruise from San Juan to Port Canaveral featuring St. Thomas, Antigua, Dominica, Martinique, St. Croix, and Grand Turk (the above two cruises can be combined to create a 21-day voyage round-trip from Port Canaveral).

· Feb. 21-March 5, 2016: 13-day southern Caribbean cruise round-trip from Port Canaveral calling at St. Maarten, Dominica, Barbados, Scarborough (Trinidad & Tobago), Grenada, Martinique, St. Kitts and St. Thomas.

This is great news, i'll definitely be booking these.

I am sure there will be some who will ho hum it, but I really think this is a significant move on their part to make changes that people have wanted and asked for. Kudos for listening and more so for acting on it!

We've been discussing it on the Dream cruise canceled thread.

We are very happy to see longer Carnival cruises. Unfortunately for us, half of our B2B on the Dream was canceled.

We would love to book either the 10 or 11 day. Unfortunately they are one-way cruises that either start or end in San Juan. That flight is more than we would want to do from the west coast. (we've done it). We don't have 21 days from work for a B2B -- which would be totally awesome.

We would love to see longer round trip cruises from New Orleans - that's why we had a B2B booked for 14 days.

or better yet, long cruises San Diego :) (or any cruises :) )

I am really disappointed in these longer cruises. Other cruise lines have longer cruises leaving and returning to the same port. Most of carnivals leave and/or seem to end up in San Juan. I can only afford 1 cruise a year and probably could swing the longer cruise but not the airfare to/from San Juan. I really think this puts the longer cruises out of reach for a lot of people. :(

Yes, we built Carnival a brand new shiny cruise terminal facility and they up and left us. Now it's used for weddings and such for banquets. Pity.

That truly is a shame! We sailed from San Diego on our 15-day cruise to Hawaii aboard the Carnival Spirit and LOVED San Diego! I wouldn't hesitate at all to sail from there again! Hopefully, Carnival will come to their senses and start sailing from there again soon! If so, then count me in!

:cool:Bill

That truly is a shame! We sailed from San Diego on our 15-day cruise to Hawaii aboard the Carnival Spirit and LOVED San Diego! I wouldn't hesitate at all to sail from there again! Hopefully, Carnival will come to their senses and start sailing from there again soon! If so, then count me in!

:cool:Bill

Thank you for your kind words, we'd very much like to welcome you back!

My one request in any of their surveys has been for longer cruises, but I have to agree with siena, they would have to be a round trip, the airfare ruins everything.

X 2......the airfare ruins everything

X 2......the airfare ruins everything

For us it is the airfare and the length of the flights --- from S.D. -- most are 10 hours+ in travel time -- that would make for a brutal day.

It does seem like an odd choice to not do R/T -- but it is a great B2B for those with three weeks to spare ---- come on retirement! :)