Longer Length Cruises Announced

Lovetwocruz2009

I'll offer a third boo on airfare to/from San Juan! Also a boo on never offering these itineraries during school breaks. I've got a kid in school for another 7 1/2 years so this is going to be a long wait until I can cruise off-season.

When most kids are out of school, they want as many ships as possible operating routes that fit into their break schedules and can improve occupancy to levels much higher than 100% that will offer the most onboard spend and achieve the highest efficiency. Plus, longer itineraries don't typically tend to children, even on Carnival.

I'll offer a third boo on airfare to/from San Juan! Also a boo on never offering these itineraries during school breaks. I've got a kid in school for another 7 1/2 years so this is going to be a long wait until I can cruise off-season.

My wife and I were talking about long cruises during school breaks too! We would book a back to back in an instant if it was over the summer, but we won't take the kids out of school for that long.

My wife and I were talking about long cruises during school breaks too! We would book a back to back in an instant if it was over the summer, but we won't take the kids out of school for that long.

Our school district has a program where a child will be excused if he is learning about cultures in new countries- we haven't used this, but heard about it. We also have a military approved leave for parents that deploy out of country for a certain length of time during the school year. The homework that builds up as the grades increase becomes more difficult to accomplish while also enjoying your cruise. We had huge packets of work to do while on our 16 nt Hawaii cruise this past April and our boys were in 2ND grade! For our upcoming Sunshine cruise, the teacher has elected to wait until we return to give the boys their make-up work.

Our May Alaska trip will be our second using two different ports; the airfare into and out of two different cities the first time added 2k to our vacation for four people. The 16 nt Hawaii cruise for four was just over 4k in a french door interior cabin- airfare costing half our cruise rate may be a deal breaker in the future, esp for Caribbean destinations. My BIL flies to San Juan frequently out of FLL and says he can find RT fares around $300.

ITA these longer itineraries (in particular leaving from San Juan) will cater to retired childless couples and singles which is great for them!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by Cruise life

I can see a solo "Retirement Cruise" in my future! I will pay for it while I am still working, and have a nice long celebration cruise at the end of next year. Since I married a "baby" in his 50s, he won't be able to retire, sooooo.... I will be going solo. Once my Sushine Cruise is done, I'm going to set it up. WOOHOO! :D

Its REALLY REALLY great to see Carnival offering unique choices!! I cant swing any of these becuase I already have a destination wedding, week in Cabo, and a Disney cruise booked for next year, but I hope they continue to offer great unique choices like this.

My daughter is not old enough to be in school yet, but I will most def pull her out of school for family trips when she is. We love to travel together, and to me there are wonderful learning opportunities to be had. School work can always be made up.

I am really disappointed in these longer cruises. Other cruise lines have longer cruises leaving and returning to the same port. Most of carnivals leave and/or seem to end up in San Juan. I can only afford 1 cruise a year and probably could swing the longer cruise but not the airfare to/from San Juan. I really think this puts the longer cruises out of reach for a lot of people. :(

My one request in any of their surveys has been for longer cruises, but I have to agree with siena, they would have to be a round trip, the airfare ruins everything.

Maybe you could look at airfare one way from San Juan to MIA, FLL, or MCO. I have seen some really cheap fares. One way from San Juan to Miami on January 17 is $141.

I posted this in the other thread but haven't gotten an answer, does anyone know why the cove balconies aren't available for the extended Dream itineraries in January?

I was wondering the same for the October sailings too

I've only done one week cruises on Carnival (and Princess and HAL) and have a 6-day starting Sunday on Freedom! But I've taken longer cruises on RCI. On those cruises, to keep entertainment fresh there were live performers and new entertainment boarding at different port stops. I wonder how 12 to 14 days of Playlist, Hasbro, and guest performed "Superstars" will hold up. On the 9 and 10 day cruises I took on RCI there were no repeat performances.

Did not see anyone mention the 12 night cruise on Triumph, March 2, 2015.

Round Trip from Galveston down to South America and the Panama Canal.

Got our cabin booked!

This cruise does NOT sail the Panama Canal. An extra expense with a shore excursion is necessary.

Saw it earlier as well. Think these are def. a step in the right direction for Carnival to take.

Jim,

Agreed. Hopefully there will be one that fits our schedule in the next couple of years, but if there's not one in the next five years then our schedule will become more flexible and we'll jump on one then for sure. ;)

My son graduated from college last spring, but I'm teacher so none of these cruises are an option for me. Add me to list of folks who would to see some of these cruises offered during the summer

Jim,

Agreed. Hopefully there will be one that fits our schedule in the next couple of years, but if there's not one in the next five years then our schedule will become more flexible and we'll jump on one then for sure. ;)

Very interesting itineraries, right now don't work for us but hope it contnues.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've only done one week cruises on Carnival (and Princess and HAL) and have a 6-day starting Sunday on Freedom! But I've taken longer cruises on RCI. On those cruises, to keep entertainment fresh there were live performers and new entertainment boarding at different port stops. I wonder how 12 to 14 days of Playlist, Hasbro, and guest performed "Superstars" will hold up. On the 9 and 10 day cruises I took on RCI there were no repeat performances.

In 2012 we did 27 days straight on the Breeze (12 days Med B2B with 15 days Transatlantic). I could have stayed on longer. You kind of get in a routine after awhile and evening shows are only one option. I actually enjoyed not having to worry about getting to a show for fear of missing it, since I knew it would be repeated several more time later on.

That said, I am not a fan of the Playlist productions anyway. They definitely are not "can't miss" events.

I am sure there will be some who will ho hum it, but I really think this is a significant move on their part to make changes that people have wanted and asked for. Kudos for listening and more so for acting on it!

Totally agree that this is a great step in the right direction. Will be calling my PVP on Monday to book ours for Feb 2016 !

I am sure there will be some who will ho hum it, but I really think this is a significant move on their part to make changes that people have wanted and asked for. Kudos for listening and more so for acting on it!

Out to sea! believes it is not "good business" for Carnival to listen to their customers.

It is nice to see Carnival offering longer cruises. Since I'm retired now, I only do longer cruises. B2B2B (35 days)on the Spirit to Australia in 2012, 21 days on the Legend to Australia last August and a 21 day B2B on the Triumph next Oct.

I'm leaving 2016 open, since I'm waiting on the Vista itineraries to come out. May end up doing 2 or 3 of those.

A longer Mexican Rivera sounds appealing, especially living on the Westcoast.