Longer Length Cruises Announced

Lovetwocruz2009

Just booked for February 2016. Let- the very long- countdown begin!!!

In 2012 we did 27 days straight on the Breeze (12 days Med B2B with 15 days Transatlantic). I could have stayed on longer. You kind of get in a routine after awhile and evening shows are only one option. I actually enjoyed not having to worry about getting to a show for fear of missing it, since I knew it would be repeated several more time later on.

That said, I am not a fan of the Playlist productions anyway. They definitely are not "can't miss" events.

See everyone on the Roll Call :D !!

I just booked the Glory Jan 23 and Feb 2, B2B for 21 days, 1A cabin Empress Deck for both sails. 3 Weeks at sea cruising to some new isles like Martinique, Curacao and Bonaire made it irresistible. My 2nd B2B and my 22 and 23rd Carnival cruises.

I'm bummed.

I asked my PVP to put a hold on the February 21, 2016 Sunshine cruise to some of my dream ports. But my hubby says that only four sea days, two at the beginning and two at the end, are not enough and eight ports days all in a row are too much. Since he is always happy with what I book and really does not like this sailing, I'll let this one go. Surely there will be other such opportunities in the future.

We were so spoiled by the first leg of Legend's repo cruise back in August.

13 days, seven of them sea days and only four ports plus a day sailing through the Panama Canal, which was amazing.

I'm bummed.

I asked my PVP to put a hold on the February 21, 2016 Sunshine cruise to some of my dream ports. But my hubby says that only four sea days, two at the beginning and two at the end, are not enough and eight ports days all in a row are too much. Since he is always happy with what I book and really does not like this sailing, I'll let this one go. Surely there will be other such opportunities in the future.

13 days, seven of them sea days and only four ports plus a day sailing through the Panama Canal, which was amazing.

DW and I did talk about that before we booked it, but decided that since we had already been to 5 of the ports, some of them more than once, we could make our own "ship days" to break up the string of 8 ports in a row as we went along.

I'm bummed.

Yes, it has Ports B2B but the 2 sea days going lets you relax then you get to all the Ports & then 2 days at sea to relax going back to Port Canaveral. But we understand what you are saying. Excellent Ports to visit..........

I'm bummed.

I asked my PVP to put a hold on the February 21, 2016 Sunshine cruise to some of my dream ports. But my hubby says that only four sea days, two at the beginning and two at the end, are not enough and eight ports days all in a row are too much.

DW and I did talk about that before we booked it, but decided that since we had already been to 5 of the ports, some of them more than once, we could make our own "ship days" to break up the string of 8 ports in a row as we went along.

Exactly what I was thinking old sole . In a certain way , isn't an "empty" ship a great luxury ?

I can see a solo "Retirement Cruise" in my future! I will pay for it while I am still working, and have a nice long celebration cruise at the end of next year. Since I married a "baby" in his 50s, he won't be able to retire, sooooo.... I will be going solo. Once my Sushine Cruise is done, I'm going to set it up. WOOHOO! :D

I have to check the budget, I to am hoping to do a 21 day cruise solo. My travel companion can not get that much time off work, but since i am semi-retired and there are a number of stops that i have never done before list I am on this like a dog on a bone with some meat still on it.

I'm bummed.

He does have a point. I and two friends did a Destiny Southern cruise, 6 islands in 7 days. By the end of the cruise we needed a vacation from our vacation.

Are there any ports you could skip going ashore because you did them before? It is what I plan to do on my next cruise.

We are loving these new itineraries with longer cruises! We had booked the Triumph out of SanJuan ending in Galveston for Nov 2015. After seeing the Glory out of Miami 14 day round trip October 31st we are switching to that sailing. If you are a shareholder your OBC jumps to $250 for a 14 day sailing. Total win for us!

Maybe someone can answer this question:

If I book a 14 day while on board is there a $250 OBC available ?

We've got the $100 OBC a few times for booking 7 day cruises while on a cruise, but don't recall if they are tiered or not.

Be nice to pair that up the with the stockholder benefit and maybe another gift card bonus will come along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe someone can answer this question:

If I book a 14 day while on board is there a $250 OBC available ?

We've got the $100 OBC a few times for booking 7 day cruises while on a cruise, but don't recall if they are tiered or not.

Be nice to pair that up the with the stockholder benefit and maybe another gift card bonus will come along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No.

Onboard booking/FCC = $200 onboard credit.

Shareholder = $250 onboard credit.

Edited by Baymax

Exactly what I was thinking old sole . In a certain way , isn't an "empty" ship a great luxury ?

Yeah, I tried that. Thanks, though.

I still have a good amount of time to change his mind. ;)

are passports required for everyone on these cruises?

Not on the closed loop ones of course but the others that end at a different port would need one (New Orleans to San Juan) unless you were doing a B2B and eventually returning to the same port, however it may be considered two different cruises.

Given how long some of these B2B would be and the number of off the beaten path islands and overnights, I think a passport would be advisable.

Some great trips to be sure. Bonaire and Grenada (went on a cruise there in 1977 before the US invasion) are both cool off the beaten path island. Cabo overnight is cool.

Dates just won't work for us.

I wish Carnival would jazz up some of their standard Cruise ports by dropping some and adding others. This is a good start to go different places.

Yes, we built Carnival a brand new shiny cruise terminal facility and they up and left us. Now it's used for weddings and such for banquets. Pity.

Same thing happened in Mobile, Alabama. Makes me want to cry when I see our nice terminal empty.

Everyone wants Carnival back here.

Are you listening Carnival? Please :)

We love Carnival ( 17 Carnival cruises and another one booked for next Sunday, but have to go to New Orleans now). It was so nice to have a ship here.

I'll offer a third boo on airfare to/from San Juan! Also a boo on never offering these itineraries during school breaks. I've got a kid in school for another 7 1/2 years so this is going to be a long wait until I can cruise off-season.

I do envy all of you who live within driving distance to one or more ports. For us airfare is unavoidable, it always is part of the planning, as we travel from Canada. So it does not bother me that the longer cruises are one way.

I do agree that it is a shame that none of the longer cruises are over the school breaks; no kids but I am a teacher. Maybe that will change in the future.

My one request in any of their surveys has been for longer cruises, but I have to agree with siena, they would have to be a round trip, the airfare ruins everything.

I agree with you and Siena the airfare would have to be RT from Florida, since I am from the East Coast that would make it affordable for me. A spilt ticket would be expensive. I think Carnival had the right Idea but did not think it through.

Gary

Edited by Shipbound

anybody know if all passengers for these cruises need a passport?

Thanks

Open Loop: yes

Roundtrip on same voyage: no

B2B one way transits with same port of embarkation/disembarkation: technically no, but YMMV.