Wanna play a game?

Wayneair

I haven't investigated as to whether the names have been given to ships on other lines already, but I like Meridian and Horizon.

Both used before on ships no longer in the fleet. I kind of like the idea of recycling old names. I think other lines have been doing that.

It seems like most of the Celebrity ship names have been about time or space.

Combing the space concept along with their trend towards more and more extra cost items to spend money on board perhaps they could call one of the new ships the "black hole"

And the other the "Worm Hole"?

If the first ship in the Millennium Class was the Millennium and the first ship in the Solstice Class was the Solstice, maybe Project Edge will become the new Edge Class.

That will make for some fun conversations in port when you tell someone "I'm on the Edge..."

I agree with edge. Also you can say the ship is cutting edge.

Both used before on ships no longer in the fleet. I kind of like the idea of recycling old names. I think other lines have been doing that.

Holland America does this and like the idea. Bring back Horizon or Galaxy. Also all ships in this class will have the older ship names. Was there a ship name Meridian or was that RCL?

If the first ship in the Millennium Class was the Millennium and the first ship in the Solstice Class was the Solstice, maybe Project Edge will become the new Edge Class.

That will make for some fun conversations in port when you tell someone "I'm on the Edge..."

Maybe we should just name them Tranquil and Placid. Ah, too boring, you say.

OK, then, how about nomenclature near and dear to Celebrity cruisers: Upscale and Unlimited (drinks, fun, whatever). This could be the new "U" class. Think about the marketing possibilities....

1) The U-class, where it's all about U....

2) U will love the new Celebrity ships where U are always Number One....

3) U are the center of our universe. (Hey, if this works, the third ship in the series could be the "Universe.")

The possibilities are endless. Celebrity, are you listening????

Nautilus, Calypso, Atlantis, Enterprise, Mazu, Sedna, Neptune, Brizo, Athena.

In terms of edge related words - The Fringe, The Shore, The Point, The Flange and The Crust

On a lighter note - the Davy Jones, kardashian, Oprah, the Black Pearl, Pepsi Max, Queen Camilla I (maybe Cunard already have bagged this) , Modern Luxury (to finally end the debate on whether Celebrity is or is not..), Edge for the first, Bono for the second

Personally don't like Serenity, would really put me off and immediately thoughts of retirement homes and chapels of rest come to mind... Call the first one Serenity and you might want to call the second Restful Meadows.

Edited by DYKWIA

After all the troubles with azipod propulsion systems, the new ships should have (and flaunt) different technology. So how about:

Heart of Gold [using the Improbability Drive]

and

TARDIS

These ships would also be extremely popular for SciFi charter groups!