Express disembarkation in Lauderdale

jpinperth

Hello fellow cruisers, First time question regarding Holland America. I am planning a cruise on the Eurodam in and out of Lauderdale and am looking at a flight post cruise at 10:50am back to Canada. Does anyone here have experience with Holland America and express disembarkation, and do you think at 10:50am flight might be ok?

Thanks...Jim

10:50 am is cutting it a bit too close for me. If everything goes "as planned", you should make it, but any delays - ship arrival, customs, traffic, etc - could cause you to miss it. I would only take this early a flight out of FLL if I had backup plans in place.

DaveOKC

Although it has happened only a couple of times, ships we have been on did not clear right away.

Cutbacks in the number of officials handling customs and immigration has been a big factor the last couple of years. Longer lines.

Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays are extremely busy times at Ft Lauderdale airport.

The airport is close to the port and there are a lot of taxis at the port, but I would never risk having a flight that early.

I understand that and assumed a domestic flight without customs would not be an issue.

You will have to clear Customs, and probably Immigration, when leaving the ship. That can take a significant amount of time, depending on how many ships are in port, and how many officials are assigned to deal with them.