Wonderful Copenhagen 2015 edition

Twins are the best :D

Btw I have found the time this Saturday to make a complete guide with photos to use the 25 and 27 busses.

There are 2 ships in port that day at terminal 1 and 2 at Oceankaj so we will also find out if 25 serves the terminals directly or just use the Oceankaj bus stop.

I will make a guide to find the bus at Nørreport from both the S-train/long distance trains and from the metro trains.

At Østerport I will make a guide to find the 25 bus at the regular Østerport bus stop and 27 from the sløjfen bus stop.

Twins are the best :D

Btw I have found the time this Saturday to make a complete guide with photos to use the 25 and 27 busses.

There are 2 ships in port that day at terminal 1 and 2 at Oceankaj so we will also find out if 25 serves the terminals directly or just use the Oceankaj bus stop.

I will make a guide to find the bus at Nørreport from both the S-train/long distance trains and from the metro trains.

At Østerport I will make a guide to find the 25 bus at the regular Østerport bus stop and 27 from the sløjfen bus stop.

You are truly the best!!! Thank you x many millions!!! :) :)

Dear Danish Viking

I really am learning a lot reading this. Thank you so much for all of your effort. We decided to take an inexpensive flight from Oslo instead of the train. This way it maximizes our time in each place and we can see more of Wonderful Copenhagen!

We will need to do some laundry as we like to pack minimally but also will have already been in transit for 5 days before we board the cruise ship so we picked an apartment right near the port with washer and dryer for a few days pre cruise

When I look at it on the map it looks like we can easily walk even with luggage to the ship if we are on RCL May 30th on Serenade?

What do you think?

We are at Adina Hotel, Amerika plads 7, 2100 Copenhagen Ø, Denmark

It appears that we should be able to get to the apartment pretty easily on a train then transfer to bus as well, does that appear so for you?

Our plan for the trip back to the airport right now is a pre scheduled shuttle since we have to be there by 9-930 am and if things get backed up at the port they guarantee us early disembarkation but I am now thinking of using that luggage service and then taking the bus/train combo to the airport. I am not sure. Will think on that.

Let us know if you would like to meet for lunch one day, our treat! You have contributed so much to our knowledge of the options, very thankful

:cool:

Thanks for all the great info on this thread! We're really looking forward to our Baltic adventure in less than 2 months (woohoo!).

We will be in Copenhagen for a little pre-cruise stay July 3-7. We want to take a day tour to visit the Kronborg and Frederiksborg castles and Viking museum in Roskilde, but I see that the big Roskilde Festival is going on while we're there. We enjoy a good summer festival, but will it be impossibly crowded in the area due to the festival? Should we buy train tickets in advance or will we be able to buy them at the station on the day of travel?

Also, Elton John will be at Tivoli while we're there; we don't want to pay extra for entrance to the stage area, but it might be fun to hear it from the surrounding park - will Tivoli be likewise overrun with concert-goers?

Thanks again for all the great info!

Danish Viking--you're the BEST! I'll be awaiting your report with bated breath.

Thanks for all the great info on this thread! We're really looking forward to our Baltic adventure in less than 2 months (woohoo!).

We will be in Copenhagen for a little pre-cruise stay July 3-7. We want to take a day tour to visit the Kronborg and Frederiksborg castles and Viking museum in Roskilde, but I see that the big Roskilde Festival is going on while we're there. We enjoy a good summer festival, but will it be impossibly crowded in the area due to the festival? Should we buy train tickets in advance or will we be able to buy them at the station on the day of travel?

Also, Elton John will be at Tivoli while we're there; we don't want to pay extra for entrance to the stage area, but it might be fun to hear it from the surrounding park - will Tivoli be likewise overrun with concert-goers?

Thanks again for all the great info!

Roskilde Festival will end on the night between the 4th and 5th of July so if you plan your visit to Roskilde on the 6th or 7th you should be fine.

I would even say that the 5th will be okay but if the camping area hasn't been emptied in the afternoon there is a risk of hitting that crowd on the way home.

There is 130.000 people attending the festival and I would think that somewhere between 80.000 and 100.000 people are camping there so its alot of people that have to take the train if they are not leaving by car.

I think the estimate is that around 40.000-50.000 will have to get on the train and most of them are heading towards Copenhagen.

Elton John will for sure be crowded but if you just stay away from the front of the stage and also arrive before 18:00 you should be fine.

Hi DanishViking - just for a change, a contact NOT from North America. We are a couple of Welsh-born, but long time Australian, senior citizens. Still very active and love to travel.

We have followed your info on various threads and are very impressed with your dedication to promoting your home area - it is very much appreciated and excellent info for our visit to Copenhagen next month.

We will be flying from Sydney to Copenhagen, arriving around

1pm Friday 12 June. Our plan is to -

take the train from Terminal 3 to Kobenhavn H - Central. Short walk to Scandic Weber hotel (have looked at that on Google street view) Check-in hotel and then do either 3pm or 4pm Walking Tour, followed by Tivoli Gardens for meal and Friday evening concert.

Sat 13 June we'll probably take a morning walk around the local area before transport to Oceankaj for Eurodam cruise - we think we might do this by taxi as we're worried about trying the train/'bus option with suitcases before we know the area.

We'll be back in Copenhagen for a shore day on Wednesday 24 June, and hope to try out the shuttle and train or 'bus into the central area from the ship then - and do a Canal Tour and just "follow our noses". Hopefully then we'll be able to doing the same when we disembark the following day. Our flight is 6.35pm Thursday 25th so plan to leave our luggage at Central Rail until about 3pm and then take the train back to the airport.

The theory of this works for us, but we'd appreciate your help with identifying how we find our way about the trains and 'buses and correct platforms, etc. I think probably there'll be people to ask for help at the airport, but how about at Central Station - are there any signs in English to help us find the correct train for Nordhavn station and later for the Airport?

And I'm still confused about 'bus 26 :confused: I thought I'd got it, and then I discovered 25 and 27 were also in the picture!! Is there a route map for no. 26 anywhere, as it appears to be the 'bus to take for the central area when you've walked too far and need to rest your legs!

Sorry this is so long - any information gratefully received..........Ann & Bill

@ Welshaussie

I will get back to you with a full response later on but I will correct a few misunderstandings.

With under a months or so to the cruise season Movia announced that bus 26 will not go to the Nordhavn area any more.

Its still the go to bus if your ship is docked at Langelinie.

The new bus is called 27 but only goes between Østerport station and Oceankaj in the Nordhavn area.

But its possible to change between 27 and 26 at the Sløjfen bus stop at Østerport station.

25 is really just the cruise shuttle that line 26 had last year, only difference this year is that it doesn't serve the Sløjfen bus stop at Østerport but uses the one located closer to the ticket hall and that it continues on to Nørreport.

So guys, I did my guide today and photos will be up on Monday.

Just a few things I noticed.

There was 2 ships in port but no signs of traffic jams so I think its a thing of the past.

Neither bus 25 or 27 was crowded (I was there around 14:00 to 15:00) so a few hours before departure for one of the ships.

I took 25 from Nørreport to OceanKaj and 27 back to Østerport.

25 doesn't stop at the terminals but uses the same bus stop as 27, no issues if your ship is docked at Terminal 1 and 2 but terminal 3 will be a walk of 500 meters or so.

The socalled Town Shop where its possible to buy the bus tickets is located 50 meters away from the bus stop in a little cottage or something like that.

Notice when bus 27 is arriving at Østerport, its announced on the screens in the bus.

I think a few people got a trip back to Oceankaj because they didn't got out of the bus even though the bus driver announced it over the speakers :D

And I was right about what bus stop to use at Nørreport, I will show it on the pictures.

I don't know much time you have planned to be before departure but 1,5 hour should be enough.

The first bus out of the pier starts to late to be any good so my option is this.

Take a taxi to Østerport station and take the airport train from there, it departs at 05:21 05:41 and 06:01 etc. and takes 25 minutes.

Alternatively you can continue to Nørreport station where you can catch the same train 3 minutes later.

Here you can also take metro line M2 to the airport, it runs every 6th minute at that hour and only takes 15 minutes.

No matter if you take the train/metro from Østerport or Nørreport it will cost you 36 kroner (3 zone ticket) to get to the airport.

A taxi from Oceankaj to Østerport will cost around 150 and probably 200 to Nørreport.

A taxi all the way to the airport will be around 400-450 kroner.

Danish Viking:

Have enjoyed your varied & informative postings - thank you!

A couple more questions regarding getting to the airport from Oceankaj for our 7:45 am flight:

1) Do the taxis charge a premium during the late nite/early am hours?

2) How much time would it take to get to Osterport?

3) We would like to be at the airport 2 hrs prior to flight departure, and are wondering if there will be taxis available at the Oceankaj during those early hours to take us to Osterport to catch either the metro or train?

4) Can we reserve a taxi ahead of time & if so, can we rely on them to be there for us on departure day?

Thanks again in advance for your help.

PS We are now in Copenhagen & very much enjoying your city & the great Danish dishes.

So for a 36 hours stop what is the better option ?

Am leaning towards the Copenhagen Card over the Hop on Hop Off Bus, when my ship is in port for 36 hours next month.

(have seen some very mixed reviews re the HO HO Bus on TripAdvisor)

Can I purchase the two day card when I'm in transit at Copenhagen Airport next week, and commence using it the week later when I arrived back to Copenhagen ?

The ship are quoting $18pp for the shuttle, is there an easy way to reach public transport ?

I'm thinking the Free Admissions included in he Card make it a pretty good deal along with the public transport included (would like to do Tivoli, Canal Tour and trip to Frederiksborg) if possible - also when the ship reaches in Fredericia, we are hiring a car to Egeskov Castle, would you recommend one castle over the other ?

Edited by downundermatt
GRAMMAR

Hi Danish Viking,

Is it possible, or sensible, to try and see Roskilde/ship and Kronborg Castle on the same day?

We have four days in Copenhagen, but with the jet lag from Los Angeles and Copenhagen's unpredictable weather, I thought if we had one really nice day it might be fun to see both of these things -- despite the fact that they are at right angles to each other. ;) I've read that either place can be seen in one afternoon trip out of Copenhagen, so why not take the whole day and see both, plus whatever we can see from the train? Is it feasible?

Thank you. No guidebook or site can top a human being.

Sylvia

Hi DanishViking - just for a change, a contact NOT from North America. We are a couple of Welsh-born, but long time Australian, senior citizens. Still very active and love to travel.

We have followed your info on various threads and are very impressed with your dedication to promoting your home area - it is very much appreciated and excellent info for our visit to Copenhagen next month.

We will be flying from Sydney to Copenhagen, arriving around

1pm Friday 12 June. Our plan is to -

take the train from Terminal 3 to Kobenhavn H - Central. Short walk to Scandic Weber hotel (have looked at that on Google street view) Check-in hotel and then do either 3pm or 4pm Walking Tour, followed by Tivoli Gardens for meal and Friday evening concert.

Sat 13 June we'll probably take a morning walk around the local area before transport to Oceankaj for Eurodam cruise - we think we might do this by taxi as we're worried about trying the train/'bus option with suitcases before we know the area.

We'll be back in Copenhagen for a shore day on Wednesday 24 June, and hope to try out the shuttle and train or 'bus into the central area from the ship then - and do a Canal Tour and just "follow our noses". Hopefully then we'll be able to doing the same when we disembark the following day. Our flight is 6.35pm Thursday 25th so plan to leave our luggage at Central Rail until about 3pm and then take the train back to the airport.

The theory of this works for us, but we'd appreciate your help with identifying how we find our way about the trains and 'buses and correct platforms, etc. I think probably there'll be people to ask for help at the airport, but how about at Central Station - are there any signs in English to help us find the correct train for Nordhavn station and later for the Airport?

And I'm still confused about 'bus 26 :confused: I thought I'd got it, and then I discovered 25 and 27 were also in the picture!! Is there a route map for no. 26 anywhere, as it appears to be the 'bus to take for the central area when you've walked too far and need to rest your legs!

Sorry this is so long - any information gratefully received..........Ann & Bill

I have actually no remarks to your itinerary but remarks to your trip by train/bus to Oceankaj.

First I would say that Nordhavn station is a no go, not many taxis (if any at all) and a long walk to the 27 bus stop.

As I have posted before, the shortest walk to both the 25 and 27 bus stop at Østerport is to take the Øresundstog train towards Helsingør and Nivå or Regionaltog towards Østerport.

If you want to secure a seat on the 25 bus then take it from Nørreport instead.

Danish Viking:

Have enjoyed your varied & informative postings - thank you!

A couple more questions regarding getting to the airport from Oceankaj for our 7:45 am flight:

1) Do the taxis charge a premium during the late nite/early am hours?

2) How much time would it take to get to Osterport?

3) We would like to be at the airport 2 hrs prior to flight departure, and are wondering if there will be taxis available at the Oceankaj during those early hours to take us to Osterport to catch either the metro or train?

4) Can we reserve a taxi ahead of time & if so, can we rely on them to be there for us on departure day?

Thanks again in advance for your help.

PS We are now in Copenhagen & very much enjoying your city & the great Danish dishes.

1) Yes there is a small surcharge but its not that much

2) There are no busses that early in the day that can take you from Oceankaj to Østerport, walking will take 30-45 minutes.

4) I can´t guarantee that there will be taxis that early but contact them directly.

http://www.amagerobrotaxi.dk/

http://www.dantaxi.dk/Koebenhavn

http://www.taxinord.dk/

So for a 36 hours stop what is the better option ?

Am leaning towards the Copenhagen Card over the Hop on Hop Off Bus, when my ship is in port for 36 hours next month.

(have seen some very mixed reviews re the HO HO Bus on TripAdvisor)

Can I purchase the two day card when I'm in transit at Copenhagen Airport next week, and commence using it the week later when I arrived back to Copenhagen ?

The ship are quoting $18pp for the shuttle, is there an easy way to reach public transport ?

I'm thinking the Free Admissions included in he Card make it a pretty good deal along with the public transport included (would like to do Tivoli, Canal Tour and trip to Frederiksborg) if possible - also when the ship reaches in Fredericia, we are hiring a car to Egeskov Castle, would you recommend one castle over the other ?

Yes you just right down the starting time on the card.

But you don´t tell what terminal your ship is docked at so I can´t tell you what public transportation you´ll have to choose.

In short:

From Oceankaj you take bus 25 and 27 to Østerport and take bus 26 to central Copenhagen

From Langelinie you take bus 26 from Indiakaj.

From Nordre Toldbod its bus 1A from Esplanaden.

Hi DV thank you so much for all your information. We are overnighting in Copenhagen and was thinking of seeing the illuminations at Tivoli Gardens. What would be the best way to get back to Oceankai at this time of night? Thanks :)

Hi DV thank you so much for all your information. We are overnighting in Copenhagen and was thinking of seeing the illuminations at Tivoli Gardens. What would be the best way to get back to Oceankai at this time of night? Thanks :)

That would be a taxi.