3rd time's the Charm

IRL_Joanie

May you have clear skies and a safe flight home. Happy Holidays! :)

Now for a comfortable flight back with no delays to strain those batteries! More blessings, m--

Thanks for your good wishes. The constant updrafts over the Sandia Mountains keep the skies usually clear. With the updrafts, the aircraft bouncing can dislodge your contact lenses and loosen any dental fillings.

Thanks for your good wishes. The constant updrafts over the Sandia Mountains keep the skies usually clear. With the updrafts, the aircraft bouncing can dislodge your contact lenses and loosen any dental fillings.

Forget about the fillings, heck it would dislodge my teeth.:D:eek::D

I believe it's been said once or twice, the a/c does not go off. Does anyone like to be hot?

I think he was referring to the Sheraton hotel? As I said earlier, in most hotels and other lines EVERYTHING is knocked off. (the CAPS are for emphasis, not shouting:)) Hence the reason for not wanting to return to a warm room and warm drinks.

If HAL install this system on their other ships, don't be surprised if it all goes off. Safer too, I guess, if someone inadvertently leaves on their tongs or summat.

I think he was referring to the Sheraton hotel? As I said earlier, in most hotels and other lines EVERYTHING is knocked off. (the CAPS are for emphasis, not shouting:)) Hence the reason for not wanting to return to a warm room and warm drinks.

If HAL install this system on their other ships, don't be surprised if it all goes off. Safer too, I guess, if someone inadvertently leaves on their tongs or summat.

Why would it go off? It doesn't on the NA:confused:.

the NA works a bit differently than the European hotels this mimics. In most of those everything goes off (not the mini bar). The A/C, the lights, etc.

However the A/C is pretty efficient and fast to come on. Electricity is very expensive in Europe and many hotels will save $ if they can.

It depends upon the area where you are staying, but we are used to it :)

the NA works a bit differently than the European hotels this mimics. In most of those everything goes off (not the mini bar). The A/C, the lights, etc.

However the A/C is pretty efficient and fast to come on. Electricity is very expensive in Europe and many hotels will save $ if they can.

It depends upon the area where you are staying, but we are used to it :)

With all due respect we are talking about a ship not hotels in Europe. I think we need to compare apples to apples.

Edited by cruz chic

With all due respect we are talking about a ship not hotels in Europe. I think we need to compare apples to apples.

and with all due respect crispb was talking about hotels and you commented on that post. I was just replying.

and with all due respect crispb was talking about hotels and you commented on that post. I was just replying.

Here is Chrisb's post. It sure appears to me the poster was talking about a ship. I've highlighted for you.

Here is Chrisb's post. It sure appears to me the poster was talking about a ship. I've highlighted for you.

If you had chosen to highlight the first sentences instead of the last, you would have seen what I was talking about when I replied.

In any case, no worries. I am not about to create a kerfluffle.

Have a merry Christmas :D

One can sense the rise in blood pressure of some posters no matter what the topic is.

I don't understand why- I thought people came here to have friendly and happy exchanges about a topic we all love. So much negativity and so many personal attacks over other people's opinions and observations.

I don't understand why- I thought people came here to have friendly and happy exchanges about a topic we all love. So much negativity and so many personal attacks over other people's opinions and observations.

I agree with your thoughts. I don't understand why we can't all say what we want without someone always criticizing/correcting us. Their like a dog with a bone, they don't seem to want to let it go.

Where did you post the news, Joanie?:confused:

Sorry Chris, it was removed shortly after posting it:( Apparently it was not related to ON BOARD a HAL ship and therefore ...... I am afraid to post it here in my thread for the same reason:(

Joanie

I agree with your thoughts. I don't understand why we can't all say what we want without someone always criticizing/correcting us. Their like a dog with a bone, they don't seem to want to let it go.

My thanks to everyone who trfied to keep this thread on Topic, instead of taking it so far off course of our 3rd time on Nieuw Amsterdam and our experiences from prior to boarding until disembarking and heading to HomeDam.

I appreciate those who have kept an upbeat and not let the down beats get to them.

Sorry all, right now, sitting here at home at 3:38 am it is a bit difficult to think positive so will just say Merry Christmas to those I Know personally and continue to want to cruise with and/or know and hope we can cruise again!! Cruising is such a joy when it is with the best kind of people, those that enjoy chatting positively and and having a great time. Melodie, Ken, John, Carol and so many more not part of this thread, but have been in our lives on board a ship!!:)

As I said, MERRY CHRISTMAS and GOD BLESS ONE AND ALL!!

Joanie

My thanks to everyone who trfied to keep this thread on Topic, instead of taking it so far off course of our 3rd time on Nieuw Amsterdam and our experiences from prior to boarding until disembarking and heading to HomeDam.

I appreciate those who have kept an upbeat and not let the down beats get to them.

Sorry all, right now, sitting here at home at 3:38 am it is a bit difficult to think positive so will just say Merry Christmas to those I Know personally and continue to want to cruise with and/or know and hope we can cruise again!! Cruising is such a joy when it is with the best kind of people, those that enjoy chatting positively and and having a great time. Melodie, Ken, John, Carol and so many more not part of this thread, but have been in our lives on board a ship!!:)

As I said, MERRY CHRISTMAS and GOD BLESS ONE AND ALL!!

Joanie

Merry Christmas to you too Joanie. I hope you have a wonderful holiday filled with memories of your recent cruise and of family and friends.

Joanie, I want to thank you for all of your posts; I don't care if you're pink, green, blue or striped, whether you smoke or not, if you choose to fly/walk/drive/roll to and from your cruises, and whether or not you dress for formal nights. I simply appreciate all the input you have here on the boards.

I wish you a Merry Christmas, and good health and happiness, and more cruises in the New Year!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)