? about Diamond Plus discount for internet

dixieva

Can't seem to find an answer on the RCI web site under Crown and Anchor benefits.

Does anyone know how much discount Diamond Plus gets on unlimited internet access package? Is it 10%, 15% or what? Also I know Diamond Plus gets 45 minutes internet free- will they let you apply this to the cost of the unlimited package to reduce the price?

Thanks for the help.

Is the 20% for Diamond or Diamond Plus?

We're Diamond only so that is what we got on our last two cruises on Serenade, last month and last April.

I believe Diamond Plus get 25% discount.

I know our friends who are Platinum could get 15% off.

I'm not sure if you can use your free internet credit to reduce the price of a more expensive internet package.

Edited by robtulipe

Thanks for the information. I guess I can always ask if they will apply the dollar amount of the free hour to the cost of the unlimited package. If not, at least I will get the 25% off.

I usually just use my free minutes in the Internet Café but I think Santa is bringing me a tablet for Christmas which I will be bringing on my next cruise and I thought I might treat myself to the unlimited package:).

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the information. I guess I can always ask if they will apply the dollar amount of the free hour to the cost of the unlimited package. If not, at least I will get the 25% off.

I usually just use my free minutes in the Internet Café but I think Santa is bringing me a tablet for Christmas which I will be bringing on my next cruise and I thought I might treat myself to the unlimited package:).

As Diamond Plus each person gets one hour of free internet. If you get the package it deducts $29.95 off that price. Just check off "Use Coupon"

I understand from other posts, unless it's only on the Quantum, that the free internet minutes are to be used in one shot and not available to be used intermittently thru the length of the cruise. That sucks.

The free one hour of minutes can be used as you like. I use mine a few minutes at a time. Compose emails and such off line and then get on for a few minutes to send and check. Be sure to log off after each use. Simply type "logoff.com" when finished and you will be logged off and ready for next time. When you log back on it tells you how many minutes you have left. When I get near the end I have a timer that rings with a minute left, which allows me time to log out one last time. I get most of my internet time at free wifi spots on shore when we stop, but use mine and my wife's minutes as I see fit when on board.

Edited by SULROSS

I understand from other posts, unless it's only on the Quantum, that the free internet minutes are to be used in one shot and not available to be used intermittently thru the length of the cruise. That sucks.

I've had trouble getting our free minutes automatically from time to time. If you don't see the offer to get free minutes, you can get a credit at Guest Services.

We each get 2 hours of free internet, a total of 4 hours per cruise, and were able to use it whenever we wanted until it was gone during our b2b on Quantum.

G'morn & Merry Xmas everyone :D

DSC01450_zpsb6b090f9.jpg

d9f296a2-d851-4a57-a1f0-fada529dd4eb_zpsa868c31c.jpg

When you sit down at a computer for the first time in RCOnline, you go through the login process and it asks you to choose a package. It's sometimes difficult to find, but there is always a "apply coupon" link you need to click before paying for the package you are choosing. The pricing will automatically adjust to your C&A level bu applying the discount right then and there.

I had no problems whatsoever doing exactly this on both Navigator and Serenade this year. On Q I couldn't find the "coupon" link so I just went ahead and ordered at full price. I went down to Guest Services a day later and they re-embursed me the D+ discount.

Hope this helps :)

We each get 2 hours of free internet, a total of 4 hours per cruise, and were able to use it whenever we wanted until it was gone during our b2b on Quantum.

So it's only on the Quantum that you can't use the free minutes throughout the cruise.

Hi,

the prices listed below were in effect on our dec 6 th, 2014 sailing on Vision.

The prices were listed both on their ship's computers and also on printed booklet /flyer ( 1 folded sheet). I have the 'booklet ' and the plans are as follows.

7 day cruise.

Best Value / Cruise Special Plan $225.95 Unlimited for two (2) devices at a time

Unlimited Plan $189.95

Daily Plan $55.95 24 hours of continuous access from time of purchase

Hourly Plan $29.95 60 minutes of internet access that can be used throughout the cruise

The D or D+ coupon (29.95) can be redeemed or applied to any of the above plans.

internet access ends at 8:00 am on the morning of departure.

(in my case I was still able to get access at 8:30 am on the dep. morning ..... maybe I was just lucky).

Edited by wieslaw