Booking specialties on Emerald Princess

sugcarol

We are sailing on Emerald Sunday. We would like to book Crown Grill and Sabitini's. Will there be a crowd trying to book them on embarkation? Trying to figure out if we should go to cabin first to drop off carryon or go directly to restaurant. Can both restaurants be booked at Crown Grill, or does each restaurant do their own. TIA

We are sailing on Emerald Sunday. We would like to book Crown Grill and Sabitini's. Will there be a crowd trying to book them on embarkation? Trying to figure out if we should go to cabin first to drop off carryon or go directly to restaurant. Can both restaurants be booked at Crown Grill, or does each restaurant do their own. TIA

I have never seen a large crowd there at either restaurant on embarkation day. If you are worried then go there first.

Sometimes they can make the res for both at one of the specialty restaurants.

Thats how it was on the Emerald for the TA. We went to the room to drop off our bags and then went to the Crown Grill to make our reservations (no line at all... maybe 2 others that joined a line after us while we were there) and they were glad to also make our Sabatinis reservation for the day and time we wanted.

I have never seen a large crowd there at either restaurant on embarkation day. If you are worried then go there first.

Sometimes they can make the res for both at one of the specialty restaurants.

Except for way back when the specialty restaurants were introduced years ago, I've never seen a line to book a specialty restaurant. Often, I've seen someone outside the restaurant during the evening trying to get people to book.

Except for way back when the specialty restaurants were introduced years ago, I've never seen a line to book a specialty restaurant. Often, I've seen someone outside the restaurant during the evening trying to get people to book.

Now the Sanctuary!! Thats a whole different story. :eek:

No lines. No real need to book the first day. No need to visit the restaurants, unless you just happen by. You can book by calling the DINE Line.

Since we book a specialty restaurant for the formal nights it makes it easy to stop by since they can tell us firstly WHEN the formal nights are and it is easy to just look down their sheet to see the available slots. For us it is just easier to head to there on the way to the midship dining room for lunch after dropping off our bags in the room. To each their own :)

Thanks everyone. We are looking at formal nights to do CG and Sabitini's and thought there might be a big line at embark booking those nights. From what has been said it looks like there won't be a stampede, so a stop off before cabin or lunch will be fine.

Thanks everyone. We are looking at formal nights to do CG and Sabitini's and thought there might be a big line at embark booking those nights. From what has been said it looks like there won't be a stampede, so a stop off before cabin or lunch will be fine.

That is correct. Also, you can call the fine line from your room and book both restaurants. Easy. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Usually someone starts there at 13:00.

You can call the DINE line from your cabin.

I haven't seen it on other ships, but on Royal, there were 20 people

in line when the head waiter started taking reservations.

Now the Sanctuary!! Thats a whole different story. :eek:

Actually depending on the port and the type of cruise, the Sanctuary can have no line at all. 1:30 on the Thanksgiving week cruise, deserted and only 2 chairs booked. We did the Bon a Voyage experience to check out what lines would be like for our New Years cruise. Because of all the families, easier than you would expect.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

If you havent experienced Ultimate Balcony Dining, you may want to check it out. It is really awesome. You get to pick your menu, comes with a photo, flowers, drinks with appetizers, your personal bartender and waiter. It is truely wonderful ...and ... everyone passing through your hallway will wonder what the hell is going on in there !! $150.00 .... They only do a couple each night so book early if you wish to have this service. When there are 2 formal nights on our cruise we usually book it for one of those nights.

I've had problems, especially on embarkation day, trying to get someone to answer the dine line.....

Bob

Happily, they seem to have corrected this problem ... at least on our last several cruises (Emerald & Crown). On embarkation days I was able to make reservations very quickly on DINE Line. :)

LuLu