Drink package- suite guests

cruisin73

We have been planning to get the drink package however it's my understanding if we go to the CL the drinks are free. We're planning on getting a GS. I'm also understanding those free drinks are only during certain times. Am I understanding this correct?

We have been planning to get the drink package however it's my understanding if we go to the CL the drinks are free. We're planning on getting a GS. I'm also understanding those free drinks are only during certain times. Am I understanding this correct?

The hours are usually between 5:30 and 8:00. Hours may vary slightly by ship. The drinks are also somewhat limited. No frozen drinks for instance.

We opted not to get the drinks package on the Allure while in a GS. The 2 bottles of wine you can bring and the drinks in the CL were plenty. Plus we don't drink enough to justify purchasing a package.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Free drinks in the CL from 5 to 8.30 each evening.

They make a huge range of drinks ie Bellini, Rum Punch, Cosmo, Lemon Drop as well as most mixes ie Brandy and Dry, Rum and coke etc.

As said above, that with a few bottles we take on means I rarely buy other drinks. For me definitely not worth the package.

Raina

The answer really depends on how much you drink. On Oasis the suite lounge serves free drinks from 11:30am until 11:30PM. But you cannot take the drinks out. I too, wasn't sure what to do. Decided to get the package. The sun deck had a full bar where I purchased my drinks. For me it was worth it. We always have a shooter after dinner. A deciding factor for us was that we were going to Labadee. We definitely got our money's worth there.

DH got the drink package on the Allure and loved it.

He was able to try new drinks he never had and if he did not like it, he just tried something else............waste-ful? no, he saved money and was able to experience different drinks.

All in all, he probably broke less than even.

Me on the other hand, get me a glass of bubbly, generic or not and I will be a happy camper, and the CL is good enough for me.

During the day the soda package was fine with me.

Sea Ya

We are Diamond and was also in GS on last cruise and still got the drink package. Problem with CL is it can be crowded- several times no seats and there is no ocean view or live music. With drink package you are not limited to where or when you want to drink. I will get the package again on next cruise which is also a GS, we were on the Navaigator

The answer really depends on how much you drink. On Oasis the suite lounge serves free drinks from 11:30am until 11:30PM. But you cannot take the drinks out. I too, wasn't sure what to do. Decided to get the package. The sun deck had a full bar where I purchased my drinks. For me it was worth it. We always have a shooter after dinner. A deciding factor for us was that we were going to Labadee. We definitely got our money's worth there.

Incorrect - Concierge Lounge on the Oasis and Allure serves beer/wine at lunch. The cocktail hour is approximately 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. with free drinks, just like all the other ships - sometimes varies by half-an-hour or so depending on dinner seatings. They do not serve 11:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.

correct.. cocktail hour runs from about 430/500 to 8 ish.

at one point O and A had wine with lunch in the CL but I think that may have changed with the new lounge set up.

if you only drink one or 2 times a day.. the package is a waste of money .

if you like a few beers poolside, plus a martini or irish coffee after dinner, and bottled water, get the package.

Incorrect - Concierge Lounge on the Oasis and Allure serves beer/wine at lunch. The cocktail hour is approximately 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. with free drinks, just like all the other ships - sometimes varies by half-an-hour or so depending on dinner seatings. They do not serve 11:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.

I have read on other posts that since dry dock Oasis has separate suite lounge (for gold card holders only) with drinks 11.30am to 11.30pm.

I have read on other posts that since dry dock Oasis has separate suite lounge (for gold card holders only) with drinks 11.30am to 11.30pm.

Yes I have read this also, wonder if the selection is similar to the other lounges? (Pinnacle and diamond????)

Sea Ya

Please notice I did not say the cl or the dl but the suite lounge on the Oasis It does indeed serve during the hours I mentioned on the Oasis and I am sure the Allure will be the same after her drydock.

Interesting - had not heard that even from friends just returning from the Oasis. However OP did not mention a specific ship so I guess everyone was referring to the "normal" CL rules.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Don't forget that in addition to the CL happy hour and bringing aboard a couple bottles of wine, if you are C&A members you get the drink coupons... not a huge discount, but a discount none the less.

Personally we never order enough booze for the booze packages to be worth it anyway, but when in a suite, we bought significantly less alcohol on our cruises.

Don't forget that in addition to the CL happy hour and bringing aboard a couple bottles of wine, if you are C&A members you get the drink coupons... not a huge discount, but a discount none the less.

Personally we never order enough booze for the booze packages to be worth it anyway, but when in a suite, we bought significantly less alcohol on our cruises.

I am sure that YOU know this, Joe, but for others:

Those "drink coupons" are for beer, wine and soda only.

Please notice I did not say the cl or the dl but the suite lounge on the Oasis It does indeed serve during the hours I mentioned on the Oasis and I am sure the Allure will be the same after her drydock.

Were these drinks in the Suite Lounge the regular CL drinks or could you get fruity, frozen drinks?

Yes, that's true.

I guess if you don't drink wine, then neither the coupons nor BYOB will do you any good. But if you do, then it does reduce your overall amount spent on alcohol.

MM, I got caught once with that mistake. :) It was be of the first cruises with coupons on Oasis. I still enjoyed my drink though. :p