Brining water on board RC?

Frznrth

First of all, as this pertains to RCI specific policies, it should be researched on the RCI board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83

Secondly, as the water on board is as pure, if not more pure than any bottled water, tastes great, is FREE, and doesn't come with a plastic waste problem, it is silly to bring more than one refillable bottle of water per person on board. Spend $70 on water?????

We securely taped a 12 pack of diet coke in an unopened box to the top of a 12 pack of water still in its unopened plastic outer wrap in its carton, gave it to a porter and it was delivered to our room with no problem.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks. Refillable bottles is a great idea. So for other beverages (not booze) if if willing to tote - no problems?

Or put them in a gym bag or soft sided carry on, slap your luggage room tag on it and send it on board with your suitcases, why carry it.

Enjoy

Sea Ya

...doesn't come with a plastic waste problem...

You must know that plastic bottles are recycled, Bruce. It's not a waste issue onboard at all. The garbage is sorted and if it can be recycled, ground up, or burned, it is. :)

...So for other beverages (not booze) if if willing to tote - no problems?

Not "no problems"... it depends on the time of year mostly, as during Spring Break they crack down on all beverages brought onboard. You can try and if they confiscate it, be prepared to lose it and don't stew about it. :)

Have fun.

Obviously a newbie. But a newbie on a budget who doesn't want to pay $70 for a case of water. I know alcohol is ify but how about non alcoholic beverages. Am leaving out of San Juan.

Thanks.

OFFICIALLY only 2 bottles of wine(750ml) may be brought on board.

UNOFFICIALLY unless leaving on a Spring Break cruise/itinerary, it probably will NOT be confiscated.

the on board tap water is perfectly fine to drink. bring a filter water bottle if you think you will not like the (non)taste( the water on board tastes better than what I get out of my tap at home)

Thanks. Refillable bottles is a great idea. So for other beverages (not booze) if if willing to tote - no problems?

maybe.. a REASONABLE amount of say your favorite soda is probably going to be fine. in cans, not 2 liter bottles. But unless you are addicted to BigRed(not available on board) or drink a dozen cans a of soda a day the soda package is probably a better deal.

there will be iced tea and lemonade for sure to drink, included, and most likely some sort of flavored water(kool aid esque)

also included are juices from concentrate at breakfast( OJ, apple, maybe cranberry)

Milk( white and choke) is freely available all day.. think it is whole or 2% but cannot be certain.

Thanks. So I need to be descret with all liquids. Didn't thnk they would be able to prevent you from bringing on non alcoholic drinks. Good to know.

With the two bottles of wine is that for each stop? 5 stops. That's more than enough wine!

Thanks. So I need to be descret with all liquids. Didn't thnk they would be able to prevent you from bringing on non alcoholic drinks. Good to know.

With the two bottles of wine is that for each stop? 5 stops. That's more than enough wine!

nope. 2 bottles at the embarkation port ONLY. all other alcohol purchased a and brought back will be held and delivered the last night after dinner.

So they search bags as you come back on? Not a feel good customer service moment.

Yes, they are always looking for contraband and banned items, weapons, all that stuff. Your bags will be put through x-ray scanners and you will walk through a metal detector, just like at any airport. If there are bottles in your carry-ons at any port other than on embarkation day, trust me, they will make it known loud and clear. You will be instructed to check your bottles at a table, given a receipt for them, and they will be delivered to your cabin at the end of the cruise, usually the afternoon or evening before you leave.

If you have nothing to hide, it's not a big deal.... ;):p:D It's part of cruising.

Just buy the most expensive one. ;)

We like rum from Barbados, don't care for rum from St. Thomas, St. Martin and San Juan (Bacardi). We bought excellent rum on Martinique and from a very small boutique rum distillery in Grenada. Barbados has the advantage of a store right in the port building. No need to drag the bottle all over the island.

I don't like flavored white rums except for use in desserts. Really good rum is aged in wooden barrels and has color. If you are looking for white rum, take any from any island that sells flavored white rum. They let you taste before purchase. The Bacardi distillery in San Juan has free tours and the most choices.

Back to the water question. Have you asked on the RC board? No information on their website? Is there a difference between bringing two bottles and a whole case?

when you say two bottles, are you talking 2 single use bottles of water( 1 Litre)

if so leave them sealed for carry on. opened bottles are subject to being disallowed due to the smuggling of vodka and other clear alcoholic substances(like white rum)

cases should be tagged for check only to be delivered later.

Yes, I buy two bottles of mineral water in any supermarket near the cruise ports on the itinerary and leave them sealed for our return to the ship. If the market location is inconvenient, I buy the mineral water on the ship. Maybe I am a water snob, but I really like tasting different kinds of mineral water.

Edited by Floridiana