Dynamic Dining postponed for Oasis & Allure

brfan

[quote name='cruising lady']We are booked on Anthum Jan 2016 and have just found out about DD. I like traditional dinning. Since it seems I don't have a choice I will try classic dining. But I know I don't want DD to much of a hassle I am on vacation and just want to go to the dinning room and eat, not have to decide which restaurant I am going to. We do specialty restaurants sometimes but do not want to decide where to eat everynight. I don't think they can change the dinning on the smaller ships, but if they do go to just dd on all their ships I know I will not sail with Royal![/quote]

I agree with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Elizanessie']Just checked my reservation for Allure 25th October 2015 Transatlantic -

Dinner Seating: Traditional Dining 08:30 PM , No Waitlists

:D:D

I knew I had Traditional Dining but it is nice to see it actually on my reservation :D[/QUOTE]

Keep checking. They can change it back again too.

RCI CEO's response today on the live chat here on CC:

We are preparing Oasis and Allure of Dynamic Dining, but before we move ahead with the addition, we want to make sure we have the concept perfectly harmonized. Its really our guest who tell us if they want the concept introduced. At the moment we are seeing the rating increase week by week and are very pleased.

[quote name='MADflyer']Another article published about the changes to DD prior to being released on other ships than Anthem.

[url]http://www.travelpulse.com/news/cruise/royal-caribbean-fine-tunes-dining-program.html[/url][/QUOTE]

I had been nervous about DD but reading this article actually put me at ease. I think its a great idea to offer both DD and a classic option. We sailed on Disney twice and the rotational dining is similar to RCI's Classic option and we loved it. You get a chance to try different restaurants and menus but still get to keep your waitstaff who get to know you. Win/win.

• 3 weeks later...
I don't think they are going to do dynamic dining at least until Allure returns to the states. My Sept cruise has 4 options, 6, 6:30, 8:30 and my time. I am on mytime which was the only available option when I booked, they just made options available and seating times are booked with wait option for 6.

I have never done mytime, are waits long. I don't want to go at 5:30 but I also don't want to wait too late. If we showed up at 7 would we be seated right away?

[quote name='janrey1234']I don't think they are going to do dynamic dining at least until Allure returns to the states. My Sept cruise has 4 options, 6, 6:30, 8:30 and my time. I am on mytime which was the only available option when I booked, they just made options available and seating times are booked with wait option for 6.

I have never done mytime, are waits long. I don't want to go at 5:30 but I also don't want to wait too late. If we showed up at 7 would we be seated right away?[/QUOTE]

Everyone seems to prefer 7 or 7:30. You might not be seated right away without a reservation. I suggest making reservations.

[quote name='janrey1234']I don't think they are going to do dynamic dining at least until Allure returns to the states. My Sept cruise has 4 options, 6, 6:30, 8:30 and my time. I am on mytime which was the only available option when I booked, they just made options available and seating times are booked with wait option for 6.

I have never done mytime, are waits long. I don't want to go at 5:30 but I also don't want to wait too late. If we showed up at 7 would we be seated right away?[/quote]

I would recommend you to make a reservation, in your case for 07:00 as you would need to wait in case you missed your time window and the My Time is busy. The Allure will probably have a majority of cruisers from Spain, hence before 08:00PM you shouldn't have a problem about long lines. Nevertheless in general My Time is handled quite efficiently and I could never imagine doing the fixed seating. Hence, this will at some point fully disapear as it doesn't fit to the new generation of cruisers. I do fully respect and understand that there are a large number still appreciating it and therefore we will see it around for the next years for sure; however if we want to look at how cruising will be in the future the answers is Quantum :)

I have never done mytime, are waits long. I don't want to go at 5:30 but I also don't want to wait too late. If we showed up at 7 would we be seated right away?[/QUOTE]

We've done MTD on our last several cruises, other lines as well as Royal Caribbean. I think we 'might' have made a reservation once or twice, but mostly we just show up. Now of course there is just the 2 of us and we don't care if they seat us with others or alone, we're pretty flexible, but we've never had a problem and we usually go between 7 and 7:30. We've done it on Oasis Class and Voyager Class on RCI and the other ships on other lines were pretty big ships too, if you're thinking large crowds of people. If we had to wait, it was just for a minute or so. We've even requested certain waiters and it's been fine. I hear a lot of other things to the contrary, but for us, this has been our experience. Hope it all goes well for you. Happy Sailing! :)

When we booked our upcoming Oasis cruise last year on the Allure we were made to book MTD, with a request for early seating.

After months of hearing some rumors and wondering if DD would succeed we were happy we de-faulted back to early dinner. We recieved an e-mail late January that DD was on hold for our sailing. And everything fell into place.

If all else fails we will just eat in Koastal Kitchen each night.

I am happy.

Later

[quote name='LXA350']I would recommend you to make a reservation, in your case for 07:00 as you would need to wait in case you missed your time window and the My Time is busy. The Allure will probably have a majority of cruisers from Spain, hence before 08:00PM you shouldn't have a problem about long lines. Nevertheless in general My Time is handled quite efficiently and I could never imagine doing the fixed seating. Hence, this will at some point fully disapear as it doesn't fit to the new generation of cruisers. I do fully respect and understand that there are a large number still appreciating it and therefore we will see it around for the next years for sure; however if we want to look at how cruising will be in the future the answers is Quantum :)[/QUOTE]

Quantum won't have Dynamic Dining after it leaves for China so what answer can we get from that? Anthem will have Dynamic Dining with a Classic option. Diners will rotate thru the dining rooms with the same servers. Dynamic Dining with a Classic option is what to expect in the future on Allure ans Oasis.

I don't know how you have determined what will fit the next generation of cruisers. I guarantee you that whatever they call the dining that everyone showing up between 7 and 7:30 which seems to be the prefered time of most is never going to work. So some of the next generation will be forced to eat early or late whatever they call it. Edited by Charles4515

[quote name='LXA350']I would recommend you to make a reservation, in your case for 07:00 as you would need to wait in case you missed your time window and the My Time is busy. The Allure will probably have a majority of cruisers from Spain, hence before 08:00PM you shouldn't have a problem about long lines. Nevertheless in general My Time is handled quite efficiently and I could never imagine doing the fixed seating. Hence, this will at some point fully disapear as it doesn't fit to the new generation of cruisers. I do fully respect and understand that there are a large number still appreciating it and therefore we will see it around for the next years for sure; however if we want to look at how cruising will be in the future the answers is Quantum :)[/QUOTE]

Yes, Europeans eat later. Right now I can't make a reservation, maybe at 180 days out. Also want to do a show which isn't available yet. Last cruise we did to Eastern Mediterranean I noticed a reservation line only on the first night. We are flexible and my dh is liking this option rather than a set time. Worse comes to worse we eat one night in the buffett, won't kill us. There are 3 of us so not a big deal on table size.

We are booked on Anthum Jan 2016 and have just found out about DD. I like traditional dinning. Since it seems I don't have a choice I will try classic dining. But I know I don't want DD to much of a hassle I am on vacation and just want to go to the dinning room and eat, not have to decide which restaurant I am going to. We do specialty restaurants sometimes but do not want to decide where to eat everynight. I don't think they can change the dinning on the smaller ships, but if they do go to just dd on all their ships I know I will not sail with Royal!

Cruising Lady we agree with you 100%,We only like traditional dining and will never sail on the quantum or her two sisters.:(

How is that going to work for those on a special diet? :confused:

My food, as of a week ago on our many B2Bs on Indy, was ordered the night before and it worked just fine!!!

We are plain eaters and I am not booking a cruise where we eat in the WJ every night!:(

All along we have been perfectly happy with Traditional, so offering that for some that want it would be nice.

How is that going to work for those on a special diet? :confused:

My food, as of a week ago on our many B2Bs on Indy, was ordered the night before and it worked just fine!!!

We are plain eaters and I am not booking a cruise where we eat in the WJ every night!:(

All along we have been perfectly happy with Traditional, so offering that for some that want it would be nice.

They are offering that on the majority of their ships. If DD doesn't float your boat (excuse the pun) simply don't book Quantum or Anthem.

Quantum won't have Dynamic Dining after it leaves for China so what answer can we get from that? Anthem will have Dynamic Dining with a Classic option. Diners will rotate thru the dining rooms with the same servers. Dynamic Dining with a Classic option is what to expect in the future on Allure ans Oasis.

I don't know how you have determined what will fit the next generation of cruisers. I guarantee you that whatever they call the dining that everyone showing up between 7 and 7:30 which seems to be the prefered time of most is never going to work. So some of the next generation will be forced to eat early or late whatever they call it.

I've been trying to follow the updates on Dynamic Dining, but I missed the one where it will be removed from Quantum when it goes to Asia. It makes sense, but it is surprising, nonetheless. When was it posted? :confused:

I've been trying to follow the updates on Dynamic Dining, but I missed the one where it will be removed from Quantum when it goes to Asia. It makes sense, but it is surprising, nonetheless. When was it posted? :confused:

It was the beginning of February.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2161432

Karen

I missed this also. That's what we get for actually cruising, as opposed to spending all our time on CruiseCritic:rolleyes::D

Thom

It was the beginning of February.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2161432

Thanks. :)

Karen

I missed this also. That's what we get for actually cruising, as opposed to spending all our time on CruiseCritic:rolleyes::D

Thom

That's why we missed it, Tom, we were on Explorer, lol! :D

Dynamic Dining will not be removed but the concept will be fine tuned to the Asian market. As far as I recall one of the complimentary options will be changed to a Chinese Restaurant etc. Johnny Rockets will dieapear and be replaced by a Asian fast food concept, probably a noodle bar or something along these lines. Also the Windjammer will be changed slightly with many more Asian food options etc.

Dynamic Dining will not be removed but the concept will be fine tuned to the Asian market. As far as I recall one of the complimentary options will be changed to a Chinese Restaurant etc. Johnny Rockets will dieapear and be replaced by a Asian fast food concept, probably a noodle bar or something along these lines. Also the Windjammer will be changed slightly with many more Asian food options etc.