Princess SPAM

Tina G

What is this crap I'm getting in our email box from Princess? Every day I get a new notification that there is new information about my upcoming cruise. I am eagerly awaiting my cabin assignment, but NO - I just get this SPAM every day. No new information. This is very annoying!:mad:

Edited by Tina G

What is this crap I'm getting in our email box from Princess? Every day I get a new notification that there is new information about my upcoming cruise. I am eagerly awaiting my cabin assignment, but NO - I just get this SPAM every day. No new information. This is very annoying!:mad:

Spam is unsolicited. If you are booked on a Princess cruise, unless you opted out of those notices, they are not spam.

Unless things have changed recently, you will not receive a room assignment via email. You need to check your 'personalizer' on a regular basis to see if you have an assignment yet.

Did you book thru Princess.com? If yes, expect to wait until very close to sailing time to receive your room assignment.

(All of the above are based on our experience and may vary some...or a lot!)

As you have stated, the emails relate to your upcoming cruise. Perhaps they are repetitive, and some take reading the notices in your Cruise Personalizer to determine what changed.

It is your option whether to read, scan, ignore, or delete the email. Except for changes in air travel or itinerary, most are informative; and some may not apply (e.g. visa requirements for non-US passengers).

I will at least scan every email that has my reservation number in the title for changes that affect us, and suggest you do as well. If I were to ignore one, then the consequences would be on me, not Princess. As an example, we were on a cruise last year where many CC people onboard complained about a change in itinerary - but they apparently had not read the emails.

Spam is unsolicited. If you are booked on a Princess cruise, unless you opted out of those notices, they are not spam.

Unless things have changed recently, you will not receive a room assignment via email. You need to check your 'personalizer' on a regular basis to see if you have an assignment yet.

Did you book thru Princess.com? If yes, expect to wait until very close to sailing time to receive your room assignment.

Actually, I have received cabin assignments by email... Several times. In addition, cabin assignments can be received as early as the day of booking to the day of embarkation. I've received them, at times, 30 days prior to sailing.

This is our thirteenth Princess cruise, and I don't remember getting this much junk mail on our other cruises. I hope Princess reads this and takes notice. Holland America didn't bother us with all this junk mail! Yes, we check our booking every day, JIC.

Edited by Tina G

Yeah, it's not really "spam" per se, since it does reference your booking number for a specific cruise.

I've been getting them, too...I keep thinking it's our cabin assignment, but alas...no.

It kind of freaks me out, and I think I've left something out of the online check-in, but I haven't.

One or two wouldn't be so bad, but every day is a bit ridiculous...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Honestly, if I was lucky enough to have a cruise coming up any time soon, I wouldn't be complaining about a few unnecessary emails. :rolleyes:

My thoughts as well. I don't mind email from Princess. If they decide to send me a ton of email before my next cruise they are welcome to do so. It doesn't bother me a bit. It just means I have a cruise coming soon.

I have often wondered if we have not caused the issue ourselves. I get two of everything. I also think that I have signed up more then one time with Princess for various reasons and now wonder if it is in their system twice. Not sure if their system can cross check same names. But as far as my cruise goes as long as it is referring to an up an coming cruise I'm on I'm good with receiving multiple emails. Just a reminder to get things done before I leave.

Honestly, if I was lucky enough to have a cruise coming up any time soon, I wouldn't be complaining about a few unnecessary emails. :rolleyes:

Luck has nothing to do with it. I'm thinking that no one on this thread won their cruise. I work my butt off and then I get out my credit card to pay for it. Zero luck involved. You may not get many emails but I get about 50 a day.

I checked my personalizer this morning at about 10 am. No assignment. I left the house and didn't check my email until about 1 pm. There was an email with my assignment. I book directly with orincess so that might be the difference.

Luck has nothing to do with it. I'm thinking that no one on this thread won their cruise. I work my butt off and then I get out my credit card to pay for it. Zero luck involved. You may not get many emails but I get about 50 a day.

Looking at the number of posts you have seems you do use the computer often each day....50 emails a day for a working person is not that many in the electronic world.

Looking at the number of posts you have seems you do use the computer often each day....50 emails a day for a working person is not that many in the electronic world.

I'm on a computer for around 11 hours everyday, 9 of that for work. I'm not counting work emails in here. I'm not quite sure what you are getting at. My posts have occurred over almost 8 years, so I've been here a long time. My point is that luck has nothing to do with being on a cruise and while some may enjoy getting loads of junk email it's not really something I and a few others enjoy.

Edited by cruz chic

Ok 3 a day for the last week! We are cruising on January 8th, and yes I received my cabin assignment via email as I have every other assigmentbas I only book guarantee.

Just curious...which ship are you on on the 8th? We're on the CB and haven't received our guaranteed cabin assignment yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How can you people call it spam ? I have now recieve 5 nearly identical e-mails with the subject header

"A message from Captain Ed Perrin for Booking # ====" of welcome and letting me "Find out more

about the exciting features and amenities of Regal Princess and things to do on your sailing to the Caribbean."

Spam ? Perish the thought ! :D

I have often wondered if we have not caused the issue ourselves. I get two of everything. I also think that I have signed up more then one time with Princess for various reasons and now wonder if it is in their system twice. Not sure if their system can cross check same names.

I've wondered that myself. I get duplicates of everything. I try to read them all since I'm afraid when I don't, I'll miss something important.

How can you people call it spam ? I have now recieve 5 nearly identical e-mails with the subject header

"A message from Captain Ed Perrin for Booking # ====" of welcome and letting me "Find out more

about the exciting features and amenities of Regal Princess and things to do on your sailing to the Caribbean."

Spam ? Perish the thought ! :D

I can only speak for myself but all my emails were the same. They were all about shorex. All exactly the same.

I called Princess and asked them what was the new important information about my upcoming cruise .that That was the titled in an email. They said it's just information. I complained because it sounded like it was new and important or why would they say it in the title. Maybe they need people to call and complain about misleading email titles.