Aft balcony on Adventure

jb0913

Hi everyone, my family booked our first aft balcony on Adventure of the seas (8390). We have always enjoyed sitting on the balcony watching as we pull into or sail away from the port. How much of this process will we be able to see? Also has anyone noticed more movement or noise in aft cabins? Just wondering if we should keep or change cabins. Any information or pictures would be great. Thank you.

8390 is a great cabin for watching things as you pull into and leave the ports. It's a corner cabin which allows you to look toward the front of the ship. You won't be able to look right down the side of the ship but you'll be able to see quite a bit of what's going on in front of you. You'll be able to see the shore crew assist with docking the ship if you are docking on the starboard side.

Got our first aft cabin this past July on Jewel of the Seas ( 8168 corner port side) and we were hooked ! Great view ,larger balcony with a chaise lounge , 2 chairs and a small table. We had no problems with noise, wind or smoke coming out of the smokestack . Very little foot traffic going by your cabin also. We are also booked on the Adventure of the Seas this coming summer , aft cabin 8690 . Looking forward (or aft) to it !

image.jpg.12d66dfff74c88bf4356606dbfa2945c.jpg

Edited by Aftcabincruiser

Once you go aft you rarely go back....unless there is no aft left :(

Enjoy, I love the aft and I was an aft virgin on Adventure too ( 2005 )...we were on the 7th floor amazing views!

We had our first aft on Navigator back in March and I won't waste the time nor energy on another one. We love our hump balconies on deck 8. We book long enough out that we have always booked the cabin we want (99.9 % of the time). I will continue to enjoy cruising...so I guess as long as I have a room on a cruise ship I will be happy

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi everyone, my family booked our first aft balcony on Adventure of the seas (8390). We have always enjoyed sitting on the balcony watching as we pull into or sail away from the port. How much of this process will we be able to see? Also has anyone noticed more movement or noise in aft cabins? Just wondering if we should keep or change cabins. Any information or pictures would be great. Thank you.

Which November sailing are you on, might be a better aft cabin to switch to for not much more $$$$. 2 or 3 in the cabin?

Jimbo:)

Which November sailing are you on, might be a better aft cabin to switch to for not much more $$$$. 2 or 3 in the cabin?

Jimbo:)

We are on the November 28th sailing with 3 in the cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Enjoy, I love the aft and I was an aft virgin on Adventure too ( 2005 )...we were on the 7th floor amazing views!

Thank you so much for your reply! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm much more comfortable with our decision now.

Got our first aft cabin this past July on Jewel of the Seas ( 8168 corner port side) and we were hooked ! Great view ,larger balcony with a chaise lounge , 2 chairs and a small table. We had no problems with noise, wind or smoke coming out of the smokestack . Very little foot traffic going by your cabin also. We are also booked on the Adventure of the Seas this coming summer , aft cabin 8690 . Looking forward (or aft) to it !

Thanks for your insight. It sounds like we made the right choice!

We were on the Adventure 2 weeks ago in the Royal Family Suite 8694.

The views from the back were great. Here is a photo from the balcony. You do have some of the ship structure, but that did not really detract from the views.

The only negative on the aft balcony is you need to brush off your chairs before you sit down. There can be some little black soot particles that settle on the chairs and you don't want to smear those on your pants / shorts.

397022102_IMG_0578copy.jpg.6221b7155371afd5bed9ebb966ff35ff.jpg

Which aft cabin on AOS 7th deck did you have? we have one of the corners for the first time . . . so excited.

We were on the Adventure 2 weeks ago in the Royal Family Suite 8694.

The views from the back were great. Here is a photo from the balcony. You do have some of the ship structure, but that did not really detract from the views.

The only negative on the aft balcony is you need to brush off your chairs before you sit down. There can be some little black soot particles that settle on the chairs and you don't want to smear those on your pants / shorts.

Can I please ask how many cruisers that you had in the Royal Family Suite? We only have 4 but I think we need 5.

Can I please ask how many cruisers that you had in the Royal Family Suite? We only have 4 but I think we need 5.

It was only 3 of us in the RFS. They opened it up about 60 days prior to the sailing date for any size party. It was a great deal so we took it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums