Riviera Observations

louiscg

We just did La Reserve on New Years Eve... Connoisseur Menu which was outstanding. Of course the wine was great and after 8+ glasses of various vintages it certainly a start to a nice new year's eve...

Crickey! I am glad you didn't fall overboard...

Crickey! I am glad you didn't fall overboard...

I think alot of people could have - we were a very happy table.. :)

For almost $200 pp, Oceania did it right. The wine was superb.

I do not usually like desert wines, but the 2007 Pelee Is Vidal Icewine was excellent.

The wine was superb.

I do not usually like desert wines, but the 2007 Pelee Is Vidal Icewine was excellent.

Pelee Island makes some decent wines but never tried the ice wine ...was it very sweet ??

Lyn

Pelee Island makes some decent wines but never tried the ice wine ...was it very sweet ??

Lyn

That was my concern too. Was not too sweet -- perfect for the desert that was served. Looked online the 2007 goes for over $100 a bottle if you can find it. Our table-mates from Toronto recommended it highly.

That was my concern too. Was not too sweet -- perfect for the desert that was served. Looked online the 2007 goes for over $100 a bottle if you can find it. Our table-mates from Toronto recommended it highly.

Thanks

Yes Icewine is very $$ ;)

Also you can drink your own wine without a corkage charge or paying the high markup on O's wines in the restaurant. It is great if there are 3 people in the cabin. The extra room is really appreciated. If there are only two people it is important on cruise with lots of sea days.

Finally once you try a PH cabin it is hard to go back to a smaller one.

I was not aware of this fact - that if you are in a PH, you do not have to pay corkage fees on your own wine (although we do not drink, our friends do).

Is this a fact?

I wasn't aware of this either and saw nothing on O's website about it.

hope critics0001 comes back to clarify/confirm.

I wasn't aware of this either and saw nothing on O's website about it.

hope critics0001 comes back to clarify/confirm.

Penthouse guests, in fact, guests in ANY Suite, still pay corkage in the Restaurants, but I believe that the person who originally posted this was trying to say that because there is more room to dine in a Suite.....even enough room to dine with friends in some Penthouses... that one could avoid paying corkage by dining in the Suite and drinking ones' private stock