asking for a cabin upgrade

michtrif

I just looked on *a certain site* and saw that there are a TON of open cabin on this sailing still. It's 27 days away.

Any way you could give me a hint about this site? I would like to look at it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you know that in an Owner's Suite, the bed does NOT separate into two singles?

Yes, I thought I'd read that here a while back. I don't mind sharing a bed with my daughter, and if she has a problem with it, there's always the pull out sofa. Quite often when we visit her sister down at college, we've only been able to get a room with a king, so not a big deal.

Take a look at the Sea! Then use the SCANNER. Finally, dot com.

Doesn't show how many cabins are available, just that they are available in a certain category.

Not like "Interior Category K - 14 of 312 available"

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Forums mobile app

Can you try to upgrade at port? If you pay that is? but these reasonable upgrade. I've been looking for months and it's I need to almost double my initial cost to move up to a ocean balcony. Few hundred I can handle double forget it. Feel I got screwed by our Canadian TA no OBC nothing, but a decent initial rate.

Can you try to upgrade at port? If you pay that is? but these reasonable upgrade. I've been looking for months and it's I need to almost double my initial cost to move up to a ocean balcony. Few hundred I can handle double forget it. Feel I got screwed by our Canadian TA no OBC nothing, but a decent initial rate.

You can try, but I've not heard of that happening lately. After you check-in, ask to see the Pier Coordinator,, and ask about possible upgrades.

Of course, I've paid for upgrade at the port before but it in my experience its about the same price if you upgrade online the day before. Never seen it cheaper at the port but it could just be my luck.

Has anyone ever asked for an upgrade? My TA told me it's not likely to happen, but I have read reviews here where people have asked and been upgraded from an inside cabin to a balcony (probably diamond members, I assume) But I am C&A so I figure it's worth a shot...

So if I go about this, who do I call and when? Do I wait until we are onboard?

As you are booked through a TA, you ask him/her to contact the cruise line to see if a paid upgrade or upsell is available.

Sometimes they are available at a nominal rate. Sometimes they are not.

"Free" upgrades are extremely rare.

Doesn't show how many cabins are available, just that they are available in a certain category.

Not like "Interior Category K - 14 of 312 available"

If you click on the cabin type, it will show you, by deck plan what cabins are available.

Yes, I thought I'd read that here a while back. I don't mind sharing a bed with my daughter, and if she has a problem with it, there's always the pull out sofa. Quite often when we visit her sister down at college, we've only been able to get a room with a king, so not a big deal.

I just wanted to be sure that weren't surprised when you boarded! ;)

(most of the people at Royal Caribbean don't know this. :rolleyes:)