Residency Rates?

Garavar

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I don't see it while searching...

What are the resident rates per state? Is there a guide?

I am trying to book last minute cruises (really last minute like day of) and I don't see any difference in price if I select Florida (my home port) or any other state for that matter.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Forums mobile app

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I don't see it while searching...

What are the resident rates per state? Is there a guide?

I am trying to book last minute cruises (really last minute like day of) and I don't see any difference in price if I select Florida (my home port) or any other state for that matter.

Residency rates are not on all cruises or categories, and they can come and go. You can search for residency rates by using the filtering functions on Royal's website.

Edited by clarea

Is there no ryhme or reason? Ie does being resident of departure port get you greater or discount? Or foreign state is better?

There probably is a rhyme or reason, but it's nothing that Royal has shared publically. Sometimes they give a break to the state of the departure port, and sometimes they exclude states of and near the departure port. Basically, whatever their yield maximization program decides.

As Bob said, they can come and go so you have to constantly watch for them. We had one that was a great rate and as soon as we booked it there was still a residency rate but it was not as good. As a couple of other people booked the discount kept shrinking.

You also will find that they may only apply to a single category on a particular sailing.

We tend to get quite a few living in Ontario.

OP, I have yet to see a FL resident rate give a discount so please feel free to post if/when you find one.

You must not be looking very hard. There are Florida residency rates all the time.

(no, I don't live there, but my sons do, and I have many friends who do)

Some search functions last; some disappear.

I just clicked on the "advanced search" function on the RC website, put in FLORIDA residency, and got these cruises:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/search/vacationSearchResult.do?pagename=homepage_redesign_nobooking_us&actionType=&cruiseType=CO&includeAdjascentPorts=Y&eventSource=&dest=&date=&port=&ship=#%2Ffindacruise%2Fsearch%2FvacationSearchResult.do%3FactionType%3D%26promoType%3D%26location%3D%26portOfCall%3D%26eventSource%3D%26pageType%3DSR%26dest%3D%26state%3DFL%26port%3D%26duration%3D%26price%3D%26includeAdjascentPorts%3DY%26cruiseType%3DCO%26userPreferences%3DN%26sortBy%3D1%26exp%3Dtrue

Edited by Merion_Mom

You must not be looking very hard. There are Florida residency rates all the time.

(no, I don't live there, but my sons do, and I have many friends who do)

Some search functions last; some disappear.

I just clicked on the "advanced search" function on the RC website, put in FLORIDA residency, and got these cruises:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/search/vacationSearchResult.do?pagename=homepage_redesign_nobooking_us&actionType=&cruiseType=CO&includeAdjascentPorts=Y&eventSource=&dest=&date=&port=&ship=#%2Ffindacruise%2Fsearch%2FvacationSearchResult.do%3FactionType%3D%26promoType%3D%26location%3D%26portOfCall%3D%26eventSource%3D%26pageType%3DSR%26dest%3D%26state%3DFL%26port%3D%26duration%3D%26price%3D%26includeAdjascentPorts%3DY%26cruiseType%3DCO%26userPreferences%3DN%26sortBy%3D1%26exp%3Dtrue

Don't see a difference, same as when I don't put Florida in

We live in Georgia and have occasionally got a better deal on Residency Rates. My guess is that it has to do with proximity to the port. If you can jump in a car and drive then you might be more likely to book a cabin sort of "last minute." So if you are in a state that borders where the cruise port is, as Georgia does, then it seems that sometimes the Residency rate pops up.

Good effort, but LOL @ $14 on a JS no less. Ranks right up there with their "sales".:D

Yeah, I've been looking at that sail date for a few weeks. Didn't even notice the discount because it was insignificant