Glad I book early-prices thru the roof!

dalgirl

So got a promo from my TA and checked out the cruises I have already booked on the NCL website to see if I should rebook for a better deal. Shocked to see the South American cruise I booked last May is now over $1000 more per person and $100 less OBC. Our UK cruise in Sept. is also over $1000 a person more with less credit. I will probably check out the price again before final payment, but I'm not holding my breath that the deal is going to be better. Well they have to pay for these new builds somehow.

The best deals I have seen on this itinerary have been late bookings. NCL discontinued this itinerary 4 years ago, and currently with other lines this is the case. With NCL adding to the mix, I will speculate the late booking deals will continue, if flexible. Prices are still overall, high with NCL. I went last month with HAL, who was much cheaper.

I plan on snagging one of the late deals.

Edited by Budget Queen

Just remember your good feeling if the prices drop to less than what you paid in the weeks leading up to departure. That's what I'm telling myself. I have also booked the UK cruise for September, and with it being a unique itinerary for NCL, I'm hoping the price doesn't drop after final payment and my lower early booking fare stays a great deal compared to current rates.

Yes even on the roll call for my upcoming cruise everyone is talking about how much the prices have went up. My category doubled in price so I dont even bother checking for price drops. I fear the glut of inexpensive cruises is over :eek:

This is one cruise that really paid off booking over a year in advance.

Edited by david_sobe

I bought a 9 day in The Haven at a great price a year out from sailing. NCL then announced a better deal (or better for us) and I made the switch to a "Kids Sail Free" deal nine months from sailing.

I added one extra person (a fourth child) to our itinerary and SAVED $1000 from my original already great price.

Since then I've been checking the price on and off... It has gone up by $3450, but they've added the Ultimate Specialty Dining and Unlimited Beverage packages to the deal.

Dollar for dollar, the deal I got months ago is much, much better than what it is now. I seriously doubt it will be beaten even in the 45 to cruise time. I could be wrong... and I guess we will see.

Just remember your good feeling if the prices drop to less than what you paid in the weeks leading up to departure. That's what I'm telling myself. I have also booked the UK cruise for September, and with it being a unique itinerary for NCL, I'm hoping the price doesn't drop after final payment and my lower early booking fare stays a great deal compared to current rates.

I was booked on the 12-night British Isles sailing in September and was forced to cancel when my travel buddy backed out. Not only did I loose a super-low fare, but Norwegian isn't offering the itinerary in 2016. Now that I'm in major regret mode, I've been looking at the Princess and Celebrity websites, and their BI itinerary is even more expensive and the ports aren't nearly as good. Rest assured, the price of your cruise will not drop.

34 cruises between the wife and I and have booked several including the one we leave on tomorrow morning several months early. We booked our cruise in the morning out of Houston in July. The price dropped almost 600 since july. The only reason we ever book early is to simply lock inn that time for our benefit and not price wise. We do like we have always done and if it drops we call and they comp us one way or another to make up the difference.

If the price goes down after final payment you can always ask for an upgrade. But I don't believe we will see any relief soon. I'm booked out to March 2017-and I think that is the best course for now.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

34 cruises between the wife and I and have booked several including the one we leave on tomorrow morning several months early. We booked our cruise in the morning out of Houston in July. The price dropped almost 600 since july. The only reason we ever book early is to simply lock inn that time for our benefit and not price wise. We do like we have always done and if it drops we call and they comp us one way or another to make up the difference.

Enjoy your cruise!!

I don't book a cruise unless I think the price provides good value ... then I try not to worry about price increases or decreases. Life is too short.

I try to remember that if the price goes up $500 it doesn't change the dates, the itinerary, the ship I'm on or the length of the cruise. All the ports are the same. I got a "good deal" only if I was happy when I made the deal.

If the price drops after final payment, I try to remember it doesn't change a thing. It just means that they haven't sold the ship out, and I booked a cruise that might be less crowded. And I still get the same itinerary, ship, and number of days.

The FCR really came in handy when booking so far in advance. Highly unlikely I would've put down an $800 deposit 14 months in advance but with the FCR I was able to lock in the low fare. A good lesson: Always have a FCR just in case. lol Unfortunately, a European cruise is not something we could wait until the last minute to book. Too much planning.

Yes...and no. We are on the Jewel in two weeks. Just checked that sailing. It is still at give away prices. A balcony for two is available, after the $200 OBC, for $1132. We have a mini and it is still offered for about $200 more. So, if you can do last minute bookings, maybe some deals still. However, many of the other cruises are sky high prices. Supply and demand I guess.

I was booked on the 12-night British Isles sailing in September and was forced to cancel when my travel buddy backed out. Not only did I loose a super-low fare, but Norwegian isn't offering the itinerary in 2016. Now that I'm in major regret mode, I've been looking at the Princess and Celebrity websites, and their BI itinerary is even more expensive and the ports aren't nearly as good. Rest assured, the price of your cruise will not drop.

Princess have had to discount the BI to sell them each year, last year they dropped Ruby to £399pp with OBC, I think there will be another sale this year.

They sent the emails out in May for all the summer cruises.