Is this an RCI ship for sale?

Or potentially for sale... If you come up with around $300 million.

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1996/Cruise-Ship%2C-2400-Passengers---Stock-No.-S2388-Unknown-2792717/Unknown/United-States#.VKcDVo0tFeM

The photo is intentionally "mosaic", bit I reduced the size of it and the VCL is clearly evident. It was built in 1996, so it is not Majesty.

I'll let you figure what it is, because I do not have the time to be detective. :D

Also, to the OP, it's probably just the image being used as a placeholder and not to represent the actual product for sale

Hmmm.. maybe, but not so sure, as it can easily be determined that it is an RCI ship. One would be smart to use nothing, or some generic bow on drawing.

This is very entertaining! I've been checking out YW for simpler boats in the 150k-300k range but I could step up to grandeur if I can get a few buddies to buy in.

I' am in, no free cruises for pinnacle though:D:p

Oh no.......I sure hope not. :eek: Unless they bring another ship to Baltimore. And don't sell it before the end of this year. I have our first corner aft JS booked for our 50th anniversary in Dec.

Gwen :)

Gwen

Congrats on the 50th and the corner aft!

On that note it better not be Vision or her twin. It clearly looks like a Vision class ship.

Again that crn aft on Vision is exceptional! I felt like I was on my own yacht traveling the Caribbean.

One of the Vision class ships would fit all launched in 1996.

Grandeur of the Seas, Completed: 20 November 1996, Capacity: 2,446 passengers, 915 ft length

Rhapsody of the Seas, Completed: 22 April 1997, Capacity: 2,435 passengers

915 ft length

Enchantment of the Seas, Completed: 3 July 1997, Capacity: 2,446 Passengers

988.71 ft length.

One of the Vision class ships would fit all launched in 1996.

Grandeur of the Seas, Completed: 20 November 1996, Capacity: 2,446 passengers, 915 ft length

Rhapsody of the Seas, Completed: 22 April 1997, Capacity: 2,435 passengers

915 ft length

Enchantment of the Seas, Completed: 3 July 1997, Capacity: 2,446 Passengers

988.71 ft length.

You left out the Splendour of the Seas, which was built in 1996.

Edited by Tagsalong

I think it's Grandeur. Splendour's (and Legend's) exhaust stack is at the rear of the Viking Crown, but this appears to have an exhaust stack aft. All other Vision class with aft exhaust stacks were built after 1996.

Ok. Add Splendour of the Seas, Launched: June 17, 1995,In service: March 31, 1996 , Capacity listed at only 2,076 passengers though, 866 ft listed length.

I doubt that we could all agree on what we want.;)

Who's the current CD? What's drinks are included in the ultra mega deluxe package? Will there be a pinnacle quad Diamond vip lounge? Lol lol lol

Edited by sliderturk99

There is also the possibility that what ever cruise line is "selling" a ship could be doing it to raise cash. I have seen this maneuver in the past of selling the ship and then continue to operate the ship on a lease back. The idea of a placeholder pic just to better conceal the cruise line's identity is a good possibility as well.

Just an aside, but didn't Royal just go through some shell game with the Brilliance ownership?