Cruise personaliser login ?

Southendweather

I've been trying to access the P&O cruise personaliser for the last 7 days or more with no luck. Once I got on but couldn't get to pay for my basket, a couple of times got on but couldn't do anything and a few times couldn't even log in.

However, I've been on Princess' site and done passenger immigration details, credit card etc and printed boarding passes.

If it's the same US based computer (server?) then I wonder why I have been OK with Princess but not with P&O.

Many different systems will be running on the shared server and it could well be that the problem is restricted to those systems that are for P&O and Cunard which could be different to those for Princess.

I noticed that the front page of both P&O and Cunard sites have been changed in the last few days, in the past they have often had problems after making changes. In my opinion they do not properly system test, I think that they probably test the areas that they have changed but do not test the impact on other areas of the system. This is a common problem in poorly managed IT departments that do not have a dedicated test team who have suites of test data that will "destruction test" the systems following any updates in any area of the system.

Edited by Josy1953

P and o are a joke!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Does that make Cunard a joke because they have the same problem. Go and look at their CC page.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

My Daughter's friend used to work for Carnival in the IT Department in Southampton so I always assumed the server etc was there but I suppose they could just be a small branch and most if the IT is done in the States.

Anyway we booked three days ago and still haven't been able to get in.

This is the latest from P&O on Facebook in case anyone doesn't have access:

Further to our update yesterday for some passengers experiencing problems accessing our online Cruise Personaliser service, if you are travelling within the next seven days, please visit https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/latest_news/CP_06_Jan for more information on what to do if you cannot access the website. If you're travelling with us at a later date please bear with us. We will continue to update you as soon as we have more information. Again sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused, we're working hard to fix the issue.

I've had the same problem with the personaliser, look at trips on page 1 go to page 2 and it crashes! Booked cruise on 29th December & 2 days later our travel agent rang with our cabin allocation, which I was surprised about as was expecting to get it just a couple of days before departure, only an inside but on A deck towards front so not too bad for a late availability saver.

:):):)

Edited by HARRIS40

I have just managed to log on and booked a trip though was a bit tiresome as kicked me out a few time but just kept trying and eventually all done

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, I got in about 5pm, was able to navigate around. Slow, but it always was before.

Keith (Southend)