Received luggage tags today

david_sobe

Wooo hooo!

I know there is a single digit dance but is there a luggage tag dance? If so, I am doing it right now! I printed my boarding documents today too. After waiting over a year....it really is almost time to cruise :eek:

Simple and stupid thread I know but too excited to keep to myself :eek:

Wooo hooo!

I know there is a single digit dance but is there a luggage tag dance? If so, I am doing it right now! I printed my boarding documents today too. After waiting over a year....it really is almost time to cruise :eek:

Simple and stupid thread I know but too excited to keep to myself :eek:

Congrats! Nothing "stupid" about your thread -- it's an exciting time!! Many of us wish we were doing the single-digit or luggage tag dance too! ;) I do wish the CC boards had more Smilies/emoticons!

When I look at my timers, they seem so far off - but I know they'll be here before I know it! :D

Edited by Vicki'sMom

I haven't gotten any luggage tags and I leave on Feb 4th for 21 day cruise. I am new to NCL, so, do I have to order them or what?

PS, happy you got your tags, now it is official!

I believe they only send them to passengers in suites. If you book a suite and did not receive call NCL. If you did not book a suite then you need to print your luggage tags they are in your edocs.

Do you get the luggage tags after final payment or once you complete online check in?

You get them after final payment. Its 46 days before my cruise. Its been 2 full years since my last NCL cruise and I notice some changes. I received the tags with the concierge letter. 2 years ago the pre-cruise concierge letter was sent separately. So it may be true they only send them out to suite guests. But the tags no longer say "priority" like the NCL suite tags used to say. I am guessing since everyone's luggage is loaded at once it may have been false advertising? ;)

I could care less about the tags. Ironically I printed out luggage tags with my boarding pass this morning. I came home today and the tags were in the mail. So I have 2 sets of tags ;) Its just a reminder on how soon the cruise is coming.

Edited by david_sobe

Don't you just love that "our cruise is right around the corner" feeling, Dave? We will be on your sailing, too! We have booked two weeks in a Haven Spa cabin. Can't wait! It is our first time on Norwegian. Our last cruise was on the Carnival Breeze and we had sooooo much fun!

Edited by Windy56

Don't you just love that "our cruise is right around the corner" feeling, Dave? We will be on your sailing, too! We have booked two weeks in a Haven Spa cabin. Can't wait! It is our first time on Norwegian. Our last cruise was on the Carnival Breeze and we had sooooo much fun!

Oooohh.. You will love the Haven Spa room!!

34 days out from cruise date, booked in a suite, no tags yet. Should I contact TA we used for the booking (who overall has not been very helpful) or NCL directly?

When we sailed on Epic Haven two years ago out of Barcelona we did not receive letter or tags so dog-gone-it - this time I want them!

Thanks!

(About to be -6 degrees here so counting the days.....)

When we booked through a TA we did not get the tags. Our TA is a timeshare company, so for whatever reason, they did not send them to us. We had to call NCL to get them, and I believe they will only send out 3 weeks or more in advance (or close to that, they definitely had a time limit).

And yippee David!!! I am woo hooing over here in AZ for ya! :). You are going to have a great time! I am looking forward to your comparison of the Getaway versus the Epic. You know my opinion based on my reviews, so looking forward to reading yours! :)

Oooohh.. You will love the Haven Spa room!!

It sounds great, that's for sure. It will be nice to have a quieter place to which we can retreat when things get busy on the ship. At least, that's what we are hoping for!

We have 8 days to go and haven't received any luggage tags in the mail. We booked our suite through NCL and just printed them ourselves. Still so excited to go on our first NCL cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

34 days out from cruise date, booked in a suite, no tags yet. Should I contact TA we used for the booking (who overall has not been very helpful) or NCL directly?

When we sailed on Epic Haven two years ago out of Barcelona we did not receive letter or tags so dog-gone-it - this time I want them!

Thanks!

(About to be -6 degrees here so counting the days.....)

We book through a TA and receive tags direct from NCL (just received ours today - Woot!). Of course sometimes NCL sends my tags to my best friend instead of me because they simply cannot get our addresses straight in their system. It's a dice game at best.

OP - congrats on your happy dance :D!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by puddles99