Bringing Box Wine On Board

JBM

I am asking this on behalf of the couple we are traveling with....we have the classic beverage pkg, they do not. We will be checking in together. (Equinox, January 12).....can they bring a box of wine on as the wine allotment for the 4 of us? I suggested we just bring 4 bottles but they said they have done this before, but not on Celebrity.

Any input would be appreciated....I have my opinion but haven't been on Celebrity in awhile so will await responses from those in the know!

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Barbara

I am asking this on behalf of the couple we are traveling with....we have the classic beverage pkg, they do not. We will be checking in together. (Equinox, January 12).....can they bring a box of wine on as the wine allotment for the 4 of us? I suggested we just bring 4 bottles but they said they have done this before, but not on Celebrity.

Any input would be appreciated....I have my opinion but haven't been on Celebrity in awhile so will await responses from those in the know!

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Barbara

I would say no. I have not read where anyone else has been successful in doing this. The celebrity website regulations explicitly describe two bottles of 750 mL of wine per stateroom.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

We have only brought on the suggested size bottles. That said, I don't think the box would make it thru check in.

Since you are in Flordia and don't have airline weight limits to worry over, just smuggle it, OPPS, pack it in the checked luggage, not a carry on, and it should make it. LOL

Edited by wallie5446

We have only brought on the suggested size bottles. That said, I don't think the box would make it thru check in.

Since you are in Flordia and don't have airline weight limits to worry over, just smuggle it, OPPS, pack it in the checked luggage, not a carry on, and it should make it. LOL

I have and it did.... ;)

Had no problem taking a box of wine on board. It is worth paying the corkage fee just to see the sommelier carrying it thru the MDR to serve it at our table during dinner.

Drink up 🍷🍸🍺🍻🍹

Edited by miched

I really do not see a problem of getting a box of wine on board - but why boxed wine? The cruise is a time for having some good wine and truely, boxed wines are basically nothing more than swill.

Go to Total Wines and pick up some decent wine and enjoy them. It is easy to get 4 bottles on per person. Just have 2 bottles each in your carryon and do not go through the security together. If asked why you have 2 bottles, just say you are carrying the carryon and your spouse went on before you. No problem. You can do it for your friends even though you have the beverage package, too. That makes 16 bottles of wine!

I really do not see a problem of getting a box of wine on board - but why boxed wine? The cruise is a time for having some good wine and truely, boxed wines are basically nothing more than swill.

!

not so much any more. many REAL , reputable wine makers are boxing some of their selections now. they actually do better due to the vacuum packaging which reduces oxidation

a far cry from swill( as long as we are not talking Franzia of course)

I presume this discussion will now move on to bottles that use "artificial" corks and the, god forbid, screw on wine caps.

I am having images of the waiters abandoning their cork screws and wielding box cutters to open the wine containers....

Edited by ghstudio

Even if you put it in the checked luggage, that is scanned and the box will most likely be confiscated.

As others have questioned, why boxed wine? Since the box equals 4 bottles, each of you can easily carry on one bottle of good wine, which is allowed. And I can't imagine a Sommolier charging you just one corkage fee for an entire box. We one time brought a 1.5 L bottle and we were charged a double corkage fee.

Even if you put it in the checked luggage, that is scanned and the box will most likely be confiscated.

As others have questioned, why boxed wine? Since the box equals 4 bottles, each of you can easily carry on one bottle of good wine, which is allowed. And I can't imagine a Sommolier charging you just one corkage fee for an entire box. We one time brought a 1.5 L bottle and we were charged a double corkage fee.

If you put 2 bottle in each suitcase, how would they know what suitcases go together. Do you think they are looking at each tag and pairing them up. Get real.

Go to Total Wines and pick up some decent wine and enjoy them. It is easy to get 4 bottles on per person. Just have 2 bottles each in your carryon and do not go through the security together. If asked why you have 2 bottles, just say you are carrying the carryon and your spouse went on before you. No problem. You can do it for your friends even though you have the beverage package, too. That makes 16 bottles of wine!

You do need to educate yourself. Fine wine does now come boxed. ;)

Agree that the quality of most BOX wine is much improved from past experience. Out main reason, is after Elite cocktails, we just need a single glass with dinner. Second the box reduces significantly the weight of what 4 bottles would be.

If you put 2 bottle in each suitcase, how would they know what suitcases go together. Do you think they are looking at each tag and pairing them up. Get real.

Because we did that one time. DH and I put 2 bottles in each of our suitcases. Two bottles were confiscated.

Is that real enough for you?

Yes, sometimes it does occur that multiple bottles in 2 different suitcases checked through to the same room get seized. As with most procedures, they spot check luggage. Not every suitcase is scanned, not every bottle of wine is caught. But if the two suitcases are matching, and they go through the security check together and the personnel in charge notice that there are two bottles of wine in each piece, you'll be called to the "naughty room".