They made me an offer...

TracieABD

... that I could not refuse.

We were scheduled to do a 10 on the Sapphire from Singapore to Indonesia.

Last night, we receive a move over offer that was probably the best I have ever heard.

While I am sad that we won't be seeing Bali, I think that we will be happy with the outcome.

Fingers-crossed.:)

I'm happy that you are celebrating your good offer.

Back in 2007, we were on a roll call with a great group and were due to sail in a week. An offer came through to change our cruise to another date and get some good OBC. We didn't plan to cancel our original cruise--(I was at work and hubby was home). All he did was to call and inquire about it and BINGO--our original cruise was automatically canceled on us-just for making the call. We were in charge of one of the roll call activities and had to transfer materials and instructions. The new date was from the end of October to the beginning of December-because it had to be on the same itinerary. That was a TERRIBLE time to be gone for work... but... I was allowed to go. I still lament about missing the original cruise.

The silver lining was that some of that same group were sailing on another ship's inaugural the following year. We booked the cruise and then the inaugural date was moved up a week. Ultimately, we switched the week, too, or else those people would not have ever spoken to us again. HA HA. They'd included me in the old roll call from 2007 and the new one of 2008. We met some of them and a few of us are still corresponding.

I want to wish you a wonderful time----you know what is good for you----a cruise is great anytime.

Lynne

Details:

We gave up a 10 night cruise out of Singapore in a BD.

We got:

Full refund via refundable OBC + 500

300 in change airline fees

10 day cruise in US, Mexico, Caribbean in a full suite

15 day cruise anywhere in the world in a full suite.

My mom broke her hip 2 months ago, and she was worried about the 23 hour flight to Singapore, so this made a lot of sense.

What would you have done?

Details:

We got:

My mom broke her hip 2 months ago, and she was worried about the 23 hour flight to Singapore, so this made a lot of sense.

I would have taken it and not looked back. :D Fantastic offer. They must have really overbooked the ship or was finding they couldn't get people to move over.

Details:

We got:

Great Post, don't let the negative types bother you. I have been moved over several times and it was great. We live in South Florida and are retired so changing plans isn't too difficult considering the rewards.

Great Post, don't let the negative types bother you. I have been moved over several times and it was great. We live in South Florida and are retired so changing plans isn't too difficult considering the rewards.

Thank you! We are pretty thrilled. As for the nancys (as in negative), I chalk that up to keyboard courage. :rolleyes:

We just booked the Royal Southern Caribbean on Jan. 28 for our 10 day cruise. We have not selected the 15 day cruise yet.

We decided to the Caribbean as it did not involve a long flight, is a warm weather cruise, and we are on a ship that is new to us.

It has been a crazy day of booking and cancelling.

Now, let's just hope the travel gods are smiling in our favor...

We just booked the Royal Southern Caribbean on Jan. 28 for our 10 day cruise. We have not selected the 15 day cruise yet.

We decided to the Caribbean as it did not involve a long flight, is a warm weather cruise, and we are on a ship that is new to us.

Oh my goodness! I totally misread your post. I didn't realize you got both the 10 day cruise and the 15 day cruise! What an amazing deal! :)

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser

We were on the Dec 9th, 10 day Royal southern Caribbean sailing. It was wonderful with outstanding weather. I wish you the same. :) What a magnificent ship.

As much as I truly love Diamond/Sapphire, I would take this offer so fast the answer would be out of my mouth before they *started* the spiel.

This is an excellent move-over offer. Congratulations and I hope your mom's hip feels better!