"Sold Out" Cabin Availability?

Booked AOS for June 2015. Wanted D1, but settled for E1 because it appears no D1's are available. Is it possible for sold out categories to become available again this far in advance? I'm hoping none were available when I booked due to 24-hour holds which will either expire or be cancelled.

yes, that category may re-appear. as Bob said there may be holds for TA's that could be released at some point. Also some people place deposits and decide to cancel before final payment. So keep watching, especially as final payment approaches. Good luck.

Look on a different website. A certain site shows ALL available cabins, which is helpful (it often shows ones that RCCL lists as sold out). It is cruises dot com.

I don't book through them, but I do use them to see exactly what cabins are available, and then call my TA and request those cabin #s.

Good luck!

Can you tell me what the difference in a D1 and E1 is? Thanks for the information.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Normally... D1=sofabed and E1=pullman. The size difference is not a big deal, but we prefer the sofabed.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

Look on a different website. A certain site shows ALL available cabins, which is helpful (it often shows ones that RCCL lists as sold out). It is cruises dot com.

The UK site indeed shows ALL available cabins, but is not IMHO user friendly. The other website, which I personally use to my utmost satisfaction, is much better -- shows the exact location of every free cabin. BTW, it should be cruise [singular:)]. Good luck !!!

It could also be that there are none available for 2 people as I believe Royal now have a minimum number for many staterooms. If stateroom can sleep 3/4 you may not be able to book it for 2. Nearer sail date they may release more to be booked by 2 people.

Just a Fyi if only 1-2 cabins open up the prices are sometimes higher than normal (for that category). This seems to be normal when inventory for a given category is low, or when it sells down to suddenly become low. I track prices on all my cruises up to the sail date and it seems like every other day random categories show up for sale again, after previously being sold out. Best to jump on these quick as the inventory goes fast.

Just a Fyi if only 1-2 cabins open up the prices are sometimes higher than normal (for that category). This seems to be normal when inventory for a given category is low, or when it sells down to suddenly become low. I track prices on all my cruises up to the sail date and it seems like every other day random categories show up for sale again, after previously being sold out. Best to jump on these quick as the inventory goes fast.

Two opened up this morning and I was able to get one of them.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

Can you tell me what the difference in a D1 and E1 is? Thanks for the information.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Generally, it's a sofa cushion. The E cabins have a two-cushion love seat and the D cabins have a three-cushion sofa. There is that little bit of extra room needed for the third cushion.

The difference is about 27 sq. ft..... It makes a difference in floor space! Remember, the overall sq. footage of a cabin includes the bathroom space! If you look at the deck plans, there is a "key" showing sq. footages.

Edited by cb at sea