Room Service

Bryna123

Looking forward to having early morning coffee and some fruit on our balcony. Never had room service before, and have searched the menus etc. on this forum. One question I have is where do they leave it? If we order for 6:30 a.m do they enter the room with it or just knock and leave it outside the door?

They will call you to alert you it's on the way. The person will knock on your door, then upon your answering will bring the tray into your cabin.

I have *never* been called that it's on the way. A knock on my door, I open the door and they bring the tray into my cabin. I thank them as I hand them their tip.

Harriet

At the time, I was in a cabin (inside) down in the bowels of the ship...

So strange....on none of my cruises with NCL have I ever been called. They just show up, knock on the door and I run for my bathrobe. I do, however, have a general idea when they're coming as I put that time down on the breakfast card I leave outside my door.

Harriet

I have never cruised in a suite; but I have cruised in an inside, OV and balcony and have always been called in the morning. In fact most times they say they are on their way and they do not show for 1/2 hour. ;)

Maybe I've just had the luck of the draw; I have been on many cruises so it isn't that either :)

Looking forward to having early morning coffee and some fruit on our balcony. Never had room service before, and have searched the menus etc. on this forum. One question I have is where do they leave it? If we order for 6:30 a.m do they enter the room with it or just knock and leave it outside the door?

Is there anyone in the world who would eat food that was left unattended outside their door in a hallway? Ew!!! I can't even imagine.

We've only sailed on NCL once, but they called and arrived shortly afterwards. We've been on Carnival a couple of times, same thing ... and the rest of the time we've been on RCCI and they always call. Sometimes it takes awhile, but on this last cruise we just returned from it was right away. On one Carnival cruise we were in a balcony, but all the rest of the times we've had a JS. It's my favorite thing ... coffee, juice and maybe some fruit in the morning before getting dressed and heading to breakfast. I always tip them cash.

I ordered room service. The first time I was called, and the second time, I wasn't. It might have to do with the volume. I think the time I didn't receive a call, my food was delivered within 20 minutes. Of course, I did only order cold subs. By the way, those wheat rolls are excellent.

I did notice that some passengers must not have been in their rooms, because I would see full trays of fresh food next to their doors.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Forums mobile app

We have always received a phone call when we used the breakfast cards on the door. Never received a phone call if we called for room service. A couple of dollars bills given as a tip when they deliver the tray was always appreciated.

Another thing to be aware of is the size of the coffee carafes, most of the ones they use are the small size which only provide about 3-4 cups. I always specify on the breakfast card that I want 2 carafes of coffee. My DW needs to caffeinate up before venturing to the MDR for breakfast.

Perfect! A call before will avoid the awkward scrambling after the knock.:D

Most of the time, they have called to alert us it's on the way. We use it as a wake-up call.

The wait person will knock on your door, then upon your answering will bring the tray into your cabin. Be ready to have a place to set it, and a tip.

If they don't give us notice, I will open the door shirtless, in my skivvies, not in a suite.:D:o:p I don't want to keep them waiting.

Their reaction (or not) sometimes may be worth the tip, however, I think they have seen it all.

Edited by $hip$hape

Is there anyone in the world who would eat food that was left unattended outside their door in a hallway? Ew!!! I can't even imagine.

I dont think I would be too paranoid about something I requested delivered at a certain time if it was set outside for a few minutes. I hope the mass murderers and psychos will still be sleeping!

I have *never* been called that it's on the way. A knock on my door, I open the door and they bring the tray into my cabin. I thank them as I hand them their tip.

Harriet

On NCL we have ALWAYS been phoned that breakfast is on its way. Gives me a chance to put robe on and grab the tip I put nearby the night before.

For lunch or snack, usually just a knock on the door.