LIVE From OASIS, 17 Jan 2015, Bill/Marie -My 60th B-day so getting out of the country

PCWalton1

Thanks for this great live review.

Did you book your cabana on board or online ?

Which category Cabana is that? Looks amazing.

We booked it online back in March last year. It is an over the water at Nellie's Beach. Cabana NW6

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

How and when do they assign the cabanas?

Can you get the golf cart shuttle from the ship or just the end of the dock?

We have a Nellie's beach with friends for our May cruise.

Norine

You have to go all the way off the dock to get the cart. When we arrived at the beach the cabanas were already assigned. I suppose we could have asked to change as most of the people had not arrived yet but we were okay with the one assigned.

Thanks for the review. How is your wifi working out (you got the unlimited middle package, right?)? Is it fast enough to surf the web? What about Skype or Face Time? Thanks.

It is plenty fast enough to surf the Web, upload pictures and videos. I don't Skype or Face Time so can't help you there.

f3b0f818f43b164d1e086ca58b91b0d1.jpg

e7d124c13625efe9bf35a038918aedeb.jpg

We had a nice quiet lunch at the Barefoot beach buffet. I still haven't figured that one out. They discontinued the upgraded lunch for Nellie's Beach cabanas a year or so ago. But when we booked in March the ad showed updated lunch

When you got our tickets on board the first day it said no upgraded lunch. But for all the over the water cabanas in this section they have us all the gold wristbands. I will get a headache figuring that out so I won't. [emoji3]

Those of you experienced with Labadee know the name of these drinks, I forgot. But nice mid morning drink. [emoji14]

Labadoozies, and they are delicious! :D

How and when do they assign the cabanas?

Can you get the golf cart shuttle from the ship or just the end of the dock?

We have a Nellie's beach with friends for our May cruise.

Norine

If you are on Nellie's Beach, shore excursions might help you choose a cabana location ahead of time. If they don't, the early Nellie's Beach arrivals get the better selection.

The golf cart shuttle is at the end of the dock, which is quite long. They have gentlemen that will give you a ride in a wheelchair like device with big rubber wheels for sand. The ride ends at the end of the pier, however, and then you can get the golf cart shuttle. That is what we did, anyway, last month.

Karen

Edited by travelgoddess1

Thank you, this is a wonderful review! I'm soaking in every word and the photos are also great.

8 weeks from today I will be there, enjoying a Labadoozie for the very first time! Looking forward to reading rest of your Oasis cruise review. If it's not too much trouble I would also love to see a more recent copy of the cruise compass if you are able to post that later. I know our entertainment scheduling is a little different from what is listed in the November compass. Wishing you a very Happy 60th birthday! :)

Thanks, Bll!:D We are looking forward to our OTW Cabana with Norine (Qulting Queen). We booked it before they cut off the Upgraded buffet, but I have an e-mail saying that is what we will receive. I will bring it along, just in case.

Quilting Queen will be sailing a suite, we are not. f she is able to get a cabana on BB, does anyone know if we will be able to cancel our cabana on Nellie's beach and go with them? Would we have to do that on the ship?

My wife and I are on the same cruise (sitting on our Oceanview balcony right now watching people walk back from the beach). This is our 7th cruise, all with Royal, and our first in the last 2 years. The ship is absolutely amazing!! We're having a blast and our experience so far is 90% positive but I will say that the MDR has gone downhill and there's quite a lot of nickel and diming and upselling going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks, Bll!:D We are looking forward to our OTW Cabana with Norine (Qulting Queen). We booked it before they cut off the Upgraded buffet, but I have an e-mail saying that is what we will receive. I will bring it along, just in case.

Quilting Queen will be sailing a suite, we are not. f she is able to get a cabana on BB, does anyone know if we will be able to cancel our cabana on Nellie's beach and go with them? Would we have to do that on the ship?

Yes, you can, it is treated like a shore excursion, so if you cancel 24 hours prior to arrival in Labadee, the shore excursion desk should refund the cabana back to your cc.

Be aware -- if current prices are higher than when you booked, you will have to pay the going rate.

Edited by travelgoddess1

Rose hall is very nice. Just beware no leaving early it's a costly taxi ride. It started to rain when we were their and inquired about leaving early would of been over $100.

Well we have bad news for Rose Hall. I am not sure how I did it but early yesterday I pulled something in my lower back. Marie thinks it was the luggage on the first day.

Either way it is killing me and had just been getting worse. It's not the first time I have done this and I know what works is just staying immobile add much as possible. So we are going to stay on board tomorrow with maybe just a brief trip down to the pier.

Tomorrow is my actual birthday and that is not how I wanted to spend it. But if I rest tomorrow and the at sea day hopefully I will be ok for Cozumel.

Ok so can someone help me out with the cabana's? How do you book one and how much are they. I didn't see it in the excursion's.

BTW I'm loving all the pics. We are taking our dd on Oasis for her first cruise she will be 4 at the time we cruise and she's been looking at the pics getting really excited. I don't know who's more disappointed that it's a year away us or her! haha

Ok so can someone help me out with the cabana's? How do you book one and how much are they. I didn't see it in the excursion's.

BTW I'm loving all the pics. We are taking our dd on Oasis for her first cruise she will be 4 at the time we cruise and she's been looking at the pics getting really excited. I don't know who's more disappointed that it's a year away us or her! haha

The cabanas are $175 to $250, depending on location. You book with the Explorations desk after you board. It does not appear that they can be booked in advance anymore.