LIVE From OASIS, 17 Jan 2015, Bill/Marie -My 60th B-day so getting out of the country

PCWalton1

Have a great cruise. Hopefully you can get some intel on what the heck is going on with the Dynamic Dining fiasco as well as the lounges. Now if you could just make friends with whoever has 12330 and get some good photos for me, my life would be perfect. ;)

Do try Sabor. Best meal we've had in 23 cruises.

Bon voyage...

We will be on the Oasis 3/14/15 for my husband's 70th Birthday. When he turned 50, we had a surprise party that really was a complete surprise. It was at our local wine bar and included a tiramisu that was 80 proof. He was single then so clueless most of the time.

The next morning we left for our first cruise ... Carnival 3 day during Spring Break with college girls in bikinis everywhere. He said it was the best birthday ever. For my 50th, he married me.

Fast forward 20 years. Now we'll be on a Family cruise with kids, grandkids, even his mother-in-law.

So, Happy Birthday, Bill! Hope you enjoy your next ten as much as Chuck enjoyed his last ten.

Have a great cruise. Hopefully you can get some intel on what the heck is going on with the Dynamic Dining fiasco as well as the lounges. Now if you could just make friends with whoever has 12330 and get some good photos for me, my life would be perfect. ;)

Do try Sabor. Best meal we've had in 23 cruises.

Bon voyage...

Some good pics of 11330 would be nice to see too! :)

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Happy Birthday, Bill, I know you will love being in your 60's! :rolleyes: :D What a great to celebrate!

I used the middle speed for WIFI connection on Allure last month and it was very fast. As fast as I get here at home, in fact. I LOVED it, and now I'm spoiled. It should be fast enough to do your live thread with no problems. I look forward to your live posts.

Bon Voyage :)

Thank Karen, good to know about the wifi.

Thank you to everyone for the greetings and wishes. :)

We are going to stay at the Hampton Inn on Sterling Road again. We stayed there in 2013 and were happy with the room and location, the breakfast in the morning was handy too.

10788689955_683d0cdd32_c.jpg

A couple blocks walk there is a Cuban restaurant that we enjoyed last time and will most likely go to after we check in to the hotel.

The ride to the ship on Saturday is not too far so this works well for us.

10788842336_e1ffe5c7a1_b.jpg

Thanks for letting us tag along, Bill. Just found out tonight that we will be on the Oasis in 2016. Now I need to learn everything I can about the ship. Very interested in best cabin locations.

Since you're from Seattle, you'll enjoy our cloudy, cool weather today here in South Florida....should clear up by noon though. I used to live in Bothell, just north of the end of Lake Washington so I know you'll enjoy the weather here regardless. We're going on Oasis next month so I'll be watching for your reports....'live' is so much better than 'well, I heard from someone on board'....if you know what I mean. I'd like to know what you think of the food in the Windjammer Marketplace (just to compare since we loved the Windjammer last January on the Radiance of the Seas in Australia). Bon voyage and Happy Birthday! DH will be celebrating his 61st next month on board.

Oh...and we are booked in 11329.

We are on in 3 weeks and will be reading with interest especially any news about Diamond Club on Deck 11

Also we have 11329 and hope to become friends with our neighbors in 11330 so maybe they will let me have a look at their GS

I have 11330 in next year.

Good morning everyone. It has been a relatively quiet morning so far. We woke up our daughter long enough to drive us to the airport. Check in and security was smooth. Now waiting at the gate. Everything went so smooth we have a 45 minute wait till boarding starts.

717fe64cecb0abe17b96d04c7d0b9ed2.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk