Carnival Website Unfriendly....or is it just me?

My neighbour is very excited. She has booked herself and her husband on the Carnival Legend so I thought I would visit the Carnival Australia website and find out about the ship and what it has to offer.

The problem I found was that the website is very 'cool' looking with lots of colour and movement but I couldn't even find the deckplans. I looked at the dining choices and was a little confused with the "Breakfast Grill" and the "Chef's Selection" at lunchtime, until I realised that it was referring to the buffet.

Am I getting old and not on the right wavelength or have others had the same experience?

I would like to arrange an onboard gift for my neighbour but I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to find out how to do it!

cheers

Stu

Yes, the Carnival Australia website is very Unfriendly :(

Like if they want to book shore tours, they have to wait till they are on the ship!!

if you want to do a on board gift for them, if they do that!, then you will need to give them a ring!

It seems that all cruise line websites are J.U.N.K.

When I started serious cruising about 12 or so years ago the Princess Aust site was great everything easy to find lots of information easy to find the cruise I was looking for answered all the questions a newbie could ask, now it is all but impossible to find [i'd rate it about a 5 v the old 8] what you want, but Celebrity's site makes it look good.

DO not believe it can be that hard.

It seems that all cruise line websites are J.U.N.K.

When I started serious cruising about 12 or so years ago the Princess Aust site was great everything easy to find lots of information easy to find the cruise I was looking for answered all the questions a newbie could ask, now it is all but impossible to find [i'd rate it about a 5 v the old 8] what you want, but Celebrity's site makes it look good.

DO not believe it can be that hard.

I find the Princess site easy to get around. Celebrity on the other hand is a nightmare.

I find the Princess site easy to get around. Celebrity on the other hand is a nightmare.

Great in comparison to the others just not as good, in my opinion, as it was.

But maybe I'm being picky or looking back with rose coloured glasses to those virgin days.

You're not the only one....

I booked a ticket on Spirit...through an agent...and then went on the Carnival site to "manage the booking".

Found you can't do much, but check in.

All the other companies allow you to select meal times, add spa bookings and shore excursions and such.

I hope you were joking about shore excursions not being available to book until you board !

I find Princess works better, but its regionalisation is a pain as you can only see what they have defined for your region.

Celebrity/RCL don't have that limitation - but as a result they have multiple copies of things so it can be confusing when old/wrong information remains.

You're not the only one....

I booked a ticket on Spirit...through an agent...and then went on the Carnival site to "manage the booking".

Found you can't do much, but check in.

All the other companies allow you to select meal times, add spa bookings and shore excursions and such.

I hope you were joking about shore excursions not being available to book until you board !

According to one of the Carnival reps I know, the onboard booking systems are still set up for the U.S. systems. Everything in Australia is managed through Polar, which is different to the U.S. system and they're not compatible. That's what I was told anyway...

Hey

Cruising in a few weeks with Carnival, found that all shore tours are booked onboard via the stateroom TV or the shore tours desk. Found that odd as I was sure we had booked shore tours on other lines before boarding.

I did wonder if the popular ones get booked out by those boarding first. Glad we have a 12pm boarding time...

Steve

Hey

I did wonder if the popular ones get booked out by those boarding first. Glad we have a 12pm boarding time...

Steve

We were on the Carnival Spirit a couple of months ago and were able to book the tours we wanted the second day of the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

With Carnival it is not just the website that is a problem I am waiting and have been for several months for confirmation of my shareholder credit e-mails to the relevant department after sending in all the paperwork they require have just netted me 4 acknowledgements and "we will advise when we can thank you for your patience" That patience is fast running out:(

With Carnival it is not just the website that is a problem I am waiting and have been for several months for confirmation of my shareholder credit e-mails to the relevant department after sending in all the paperwork they require have just netted me 4 acknowledgements and "we will advise when we can thank you for your patience" That patience is fast running out:(

I emailed them about mine and got a reply in under a week saying it has been applied and to check with TA. I sent it to Carnival Aus , same as I used for Princess. Return confirmation email was from USA.

Maybe I was lucky

According to one of the Carnival reps I know, the onboard booking systems are still set up for the U.S. systems. Everything in Australia is managed through Polar, which is different to the U.S. system and they're not compatible. That's what I was told anyway...

The website is still driven from the US. This suggests they have to wait for changes to be made there, and then integrated with our local booking system, which certainly adds complexity to delivering that solution.

It's then a matter of cost v benefit...