Koningsdam SUMMER 2016 Itineraries

InTheWASide

Just found this on the HAL homepage.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/pageByName/Simple.action?requestPage=Koningsdam_Homeport&himage=no&WT.ac=KOShipUpdates__091514Itins

Some really cool itineraries. Looks like they aren't just having her do the new ship cookie cutter garbage by shoving her in the Med all season.

Very cool :)

Thank you for the information.

Wish HAL would bring her over in July for some summer cruises in the Caribbean.

Yeah -- I know -- HAL is afraid of Hurricane season.

I also wish HAL would have ANY ship in the Caribbean in summer. It isn't about Hurricanes; it is about getting higher per diems in Europe, Alaska and Canada/NE. Same ship, same cabin can and does sell for more on those itineraries than they can summer in Caribbean.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/pageByName/Simple.action?requestPage=Koningsdam_Homeport&himage=no&WT.ac=KOShipUpdates__091514Itins

Some really cool itineraries. Looks like they aren't just having her do the new ship cookie cutter garbage by shoving her in the Med all season.

Thanks for the link. :)

I also wish HAL would have ANY ship in the Caribbean in summer. It isn't about Hurricanes; it is about getting higher per diems in Europe, Alaska and Canada/NE. Same ship, same cabin can and does sell for more on those itineraries than they can summer in Caribbean.

When HAL did have quite a few cruises disrupted that one summer because of the hurricanes, they lost quite a bit money -- shortened cruises, paying for hotels, paying for airplane changes (people who booked independently did get some money help from HAL), etc. I can't remember the year the hurricanes played havoc with many ships - but all the cruise lines lost tons of money.

When HAL did have quite a few cruises disrupted that one summer because of the hurricanes, they lost quite a bit money -- shortened cruises, paying for hotels, paying for airplane changes (people who booked independently did get some money help from HAL), etc. I can't remember the year the hurricanes played havoc with many ships - but all the cruise lines lost tons of money.

The ONE time out of a great many sailings we had a cruise disrupted because of hurricane was Canada/NE cruise. :D

They did not leave the Caribbean just because of one season out of many years. They handled Caribbean summers just fine for lots of years and lots of cruises. ;)

Compare what we pay for "S" Cabins on Maasdam per diem for Canada/NE vs what a summer Caribbean cruise could charge. There is the point. Compare Alaska prices......... and Europe.

HAL summer Caribbean cruises were moderately priced.

[/b]

Edited by sail7seas

When the Eurodam did Northern Europe for the inaugural season, she came over and did Canada/New England for a bit before heading to the Caribbean.

I was just checking my Facebook pictures and she was in Saint John on September 4, 2008. I was down at the port real early that morning to watch her come in. It was a beautiful warm day and it was exciting to see the new ship knowing we were going to be sailing on her the following summer in Europe.

Perhaps when the summer season in Northern Europe is over next year HAL will do the same thing with the Koningsdam. Canada/ New England.

When the Eurodam did Northern Europe for the inaugural season, she came over and did Canada/New England for a bit before heading to the Caribbean.

I was just checking my Facebook pictures and she was in Saint John on September 4, 2008. I was down at the port real early that morning to watch her come in. It was a beautiful warm day and it was exciting to see the new ship knowing we were going to be sailing on her the following summer in Europe.

Perhaps when the summer season in Northern Europe is over next year HAL will do the same thing with the Koningsdam. Canada/ New England.

The last cruise they show is a mid-September reposition back to Rome. I expect there will likely be a Rome-Ft Lauderdale reposition at that point.

The last cruise they show is a mid-September reposition back to Rome. I expect there will likely be a Rome-Ft Lauderdale reposition at that point.

Well I guess that blows my theory out of the water. Thanks for pointing that out. I missed that. :)

I doubt she would be repositioned back to Rome just to start a transatlantic.

More likely than heading for Canada/NE, she will probably operate for 6-8 weeks in the Western Med before (hopefully) sailing for Florida and wintering in the Caribbean.

More likely than heading for Canada/NE, she will probably operate for 6-8 weeks in the Western Med before (hopefully) sailing for Florida and wintering in the Caribbean.

That's a possibility too. They have pushed that Med season later and later and later in recent years. No doubt they'll make sure if Koningsdam is doing the Caribbean she's there before the Christmas and New Year's cruises but before that point is some of the cheapest cruises of the year... would make sense to spare a brand new ship of having to go "bargain basement" upon arrival in the US.

You are quite right. I missed that she would be going back to Rome when she finishes in Northern Europe.

After Eurodam left you in Saint John, we had the pleasure of welcoming her to Boston. :) DH and I were fortunate to have a wonderful visit aboard. :) And that caused us to book and sail her. We liked that ship so much more than we ever expected. :)

After Eurodam left you in Saint John, we had the pleasure of welcoming her to Boston. :) DH and I were fortunate to have a wonderful visit aboard. :) And that caused us to book and sail her. We liked that ship so much more than we ever expected. :)

We were also excited to be invited aboard the Eurodam about a month later when she returned to Saint John. We had a lovely tour and luncheon. It was really hard then to wait the months until the next summer before we could sail on her.

When is this ship coming to the Caribbean and Port Everglades?

Combining the August 14, August 28, September 4, and September 18 departures would result in a 47 day voyage with almost no duplication of ports, except for, of course, Amsterdam. Iceland, Norway, Baltic to St. Petersburg, and Western Europe into the Med disembarking in Rome would be a phenomenal itinerary.