What footwear do you wear to the beach?

true45

If you are going to a beach day and may do quite a bit of walking yet might get your feet wet walking along the surf or actually in the water a bit in some rocky sand what do you wear?

Had Tevas but when sand gets inside straps they scratch. Don't want to ruin leather with the water

My old ones broke this trip and haven't seen anything comparable

They were a no name fabric strap top with rubber sole

Ideas please

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So you just bring them and wear other sandals for the walking ?

Thanks

I don't find water shoes supportive enough for walking much. Also, an enclosed shoe will trap sand inside and will have to be removed periodically.

My wife swears by these and convinced me to buy a pair as well--

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E0JEK2G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

She hasn't noticed any strap wear problems. They seem much more substantial than her previous Tevas which were more of a sandal.

I don't find water shoes supportive enough for walking much. Also, an enclosed shoe will trap sand inside and will have to be removed periodically.

My wife swears by these and convinced me to buy a pair as well--

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E0JEK2G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

She hasn't noticed any strap wear problems. They seem much more substantial than her previous Tevas which were more of a sandal.

Ditto!!! Keens are the best and are my go to warm weather shoe! But beware, sand will get in these on the beach. Remember, white sand doesn't get that hot on bare feet.

Djesca

The Keens woman's version are similar to what I had although a bit more structured

I'll be on the lookout

Thanks

More votes from people on Keens

Thanks will find them

Edited by true45

I just bought a pair of Abeo sandals for our cruise next week, for this very purpose. I need good support for walking and I'm so tired of wearing my athletic shoes (with anklets) ... my feet get hot, the shoes fill up with sand, and if they do get wet it takes forever to dry them out ...

I've been wearing the new sandals around the house to break them in, and they are probably the most comfortable sandals I've ever had ... and the support is great!!

They were pretty expensive, but I think they'll be worth it. I'll know for sure in another week!

I have a pair of pretty comfortable waterproof sandals I got years ago from New Balance. Yes sand and pebbles will get into them as they would any open sandal but they also can be dumped out just as easily. Since they are waterproof I don't worry about putting wet feet in them and can rinse them off in any beachfront shower or foot bath.

If I know we'll be swimming in rocky water I'll also take a pair of water shoes like those referenced by stratixman in their post above. I have fairly sensitive feet and these are good for getting into, or out of, rocky water and also will provide 'some' protection from coral or sea urchins.

If I know we'll be walking a lot before/after the beach then I'll wear more comfortable sandals or sneakers and carry the waterproof shoes in my beach bag.

Another alternative is the Jeep brand...sold in the Chicago area at DSW. They are very similar to the Keens...very comfortable. We'll be hiking in the rainforest next month in St. Kitts. I plan to wear them for the hike...and switch to flipflops when we get to the beach.

I like the Earth Spirit Sandals from Walmart.

I have a few pairs like this:

mGPMXuabM43iPNuGCJmFhKA.jpg

if you can't see the image, let me know. still trying to figure out posting pictures here.

They are cheap, comfortable, and water-friendly. I can't walk in a flat shoe (like a flip-flop), I need support. I use them for walking to breakfast, the pool, about the ship, and walking in port. I think I spend about $30 a pair on them.

I spend good money on my shoes for all other needs, but if a shoe is going to get wrecked by water or sand, i'd rather just wear a cheap one.

I like the Earth Spirit Sandals from Walmart.

I have a few pairs like this:

mGPMXuabM43iPNuGCJmFhKA.jpg

if you can't see the image, let me know. still trying to figure out posting pictures here.

They are cheap, comfortable, and water-friendly. I can't walk in a flat shoe (like a flip-flop), I need support. I use them for walking to breakfast, the pool, about the ship, and walking in port. I think I spend about $30 a pair on them.

I spend good money on my shoes for all other needs, but if a shoe is going to get wrecked by water or sand, i'd rather just wear a cheap one.

Not sure they will work for me:rolleyes:

Try Walmart for stretchy fabric-topped, rubber-soled shoes. Cheap as the dirt you're walking on. Effective. Can be worn in the water too so you don't step on something sharp. And, when your trip is over, toss them out and buy a new pair for your next cruise/trip to the beach. They're well under $10.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'm a bit younger I think than the standard Celebrity crowd (early 30s), but if fashion means nothing to you then you might like my solution. :D I wear Vibram Five Finger shoes... Specifically, I use the Sprints:

Vibram-FiveFingers-Sprint-Women-Full.jpg

The upside to those is that they're great water shoes and I don't have any problems with sand getting inside because they're pretty skintight. I also find them really pleasant to walk in, although I've heard complaints that they don't have very good arch support (never a problem for me).

Just offering another option!!

Oh, I forgot to add: the reason I love these is that I had a blood clot about a decade ago and now MUST wear support stockings unless I want my leg to swell up. These shoes are the only way I can get the "barefoot" feeling of walking on the sand while still rocking the stockings.

Edited by ailetoile

Water shoes while on the beach and in the water. Teva sandals for walking everywhere else.

I took out the insoles in my water shoes and replaced them with Dr. Scholls gel insoles. They go home in a plastic bag, and then I pull the Scholls out, knock the remaining sand out of everything, and run all of it through the clothes washer. I let them sit outside in the sun to dry, or in the garage.