Which cruises have had the free internet?

ocav

Which cruises so far have had the free internet?

Hoping for it on my 2nd Feb 11night, I'm guessing it is something to try and get people talking about the ship online more than because of certain circumstances.

If it is free... how fast do you want it to be?

Free hotel wifi is too slow for me... I find it easier to reach for my cellphone as a hotspot.

My fav internet available cruise is on the Disney Wonder..... 24Mbps at $89 for one gig.

If it is free... how fast do you want it to be?

Free hotel wifi is too slow for me... I find it easier to reach for my cellphone as a hotspot.

My fav internet available cruise is on the Disney Wonder..... 24Mbps at $89 for one gig.

For basic social media, quick check of here and for the "always on" so I can use iMessage on my phone, so really 24Mbps is a little overkill, however that price is decent.

If it's free you can't really complain if it's slow

So far the 12/27 and 1/11 cruise have had "free" internet. Sure would have been nice on the 11/23 and/or 12/1 cruises.

Jan 3, also. We had it for that whole cruise. (I thought I heard the 12/27 cruise only had it free for part of the trip, but I'm not sure - maybe someone who was on it can confirm.)

So far the 12/27 and 1/11 cruise have had "free" internet. Sure would have been nice on the 11/23 and/or 12/1 cruises.

All fingers crossed then for both of them, hopefully its a Quantum Inaugural season perk that's been added along with the free Devinly Decadence

It would have been a great Inaugural Seas perk but wasn't for the 11/23, 12/1 and 12/12 and 12/27 cruises.

I guess it's a promotional tool really, they've bragged up the super fast internet but most won't experience it, but by giving it free, people might talk about the ship while onboard/upload photos etc

I guess it's a promotional tool really, they've bragged up the super fast internet but most won't experience it, but by giving it free, people might talk about the ship while onboard/upload photos etc

Yes, I think that is precisely why we are seeing so many positive posts from people on the last and current cruises. People are posting reviews and many photos that were simply not possible before Quantum. I am with you Ollie, only your own experience really matters when it comes to a cruise line or a ship. Given that over 4,000 people have cruised on Quantum each cruise and that Quantum has only completed approximately ten cruises, the number of negative reviews seems extremely small.

Here is to a great experience on 2/2!

Yes, I think that is precisely why we are seeing so many positive posts from people on the last and current cruises. People are posting reviews and many photos that were simply not possible before Quantum. I am with you Ollie, only your own experience really matters when it comes to a cruise line or a ship. Given that over 4,000 people have cruised on Quantum each cruise and that Quantum has only completed approximately ten cruises, the number of negative reviews seems extremely small.

Here is to a great experience on 2/2!

It was pointed out in Roll Call that the negative reviews actually count for 0.9% of all the passengers who have cruises Quantum so far, but you are right, people who hated it were quick to get internet and talk about it, the free internet is allowing those who wouldn't normally be able to express their opinions

It was pointed out in Roll Call that the negative reviews actually count for 0.9% of all the passengers who have cruises Quantum so far, but you are right, people who hated it were quick to get internet and talk about it, the free internet is allowing those who wouldn't normally be able to express their opinions

Ollie, people who have boarded today are reporting: NO free wifi.

Ollie, people who have boarded today are reporting: NO free wifi.

Well... That was short lived.

The one thing that I am surprised by is how it's one of their big brags yet they are charging so much for it. It would have been really good to have the Inaugural season at free/significant discount to allow people to a) spread the word, b) test them on their claims.

Didn't it only become free on previous cruises after Muster? Has that happened yet?

Just saw this posted by Radio....on his "live from Quantum thread"

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=45359525#post45359525

Ken Rush, our Cruise director has suggested that for this Cruise we will have free unlimited Wi-Fi . . .

I am on Deck 8, and I could hear the cheers coming from the Pool deck on Deck 14 !

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Just saw this posted by Radio....on his "live from Quantum thread"

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=45359525#post45359525

Ken Rush, our Cruise director has suggested that for this Cruise we will have free unlimited Wi-Fi . . .

I am on Deck 8, and I could hear the cheers coming from the Pool deck on Deck 14 !

This is fantastic news, boarding as he leaves so all fingers crossed!