When will you cruise?

kona_wahine

When is everyone planning on cruising the Vista? Europe? Tranalantic? Out of NY? Or will you wait for its home port?

I'm really excited to cruise on the Vista, but I'm thinking I may wait until it reaches its home port. I'm hoping it will be a southern itinerary.

Maybe the breeze prices will go down now. :D

Ill be on the 12 day in August as I teach and live nearby (9 hour train ride to Barcelona for me).

We are not booking yet though as Carnival doesn't offer the early saver to UK sailors.

I could try and book it on the US site maybe but not sure on that one.

Would love to do the TA. Can anyone give me an idea of what a 1-way tix to Barcelona would cost per person? The cruise rate for an interior is dirt cheap at $549/pp.

I would also. It would be a nice relaxing 13 days and a fun way to enjoy the ship. Was wondering what airfare would be also.

Would love to do the TA. Can anyone give me an idea of what a 1-way tix to Barcelona would cost per person? The cruise rate for an interior is dirt cheap at $549/pp.

Too far out to price right now, but Kayak is showing ATL - BCN for this October at around $769 one-way, British Airways with one stop in Philadelphia. That's extraordinary compared to when we last did it in 2012. Then, none of the major carriers had a reasonable one-way fare. Most priced it higher than a round trip, which was just under $1,000 PP. We bought the round trip and threw away the return ticket.

If you run into that situation next year you could do what we did or there are a few smaller airlines that do usually price out a one-way. Aer Lingus is one we have used with good results. Another way to go is check the air consolidator sites, like 1800flyeurope.com. They buy round trips and split them up.

• 4 weeks later...
Ill be on the 12 day in August as I teach and live nearby (9 hour train ride to Barcelona for me).

We are not booking yet though as Carnival doesn't offer the early saver to UK sailors.

I could try and book it on the US site maybe but not sure on that one.

We booked our last Carnival cruise via the US website and I was so glad that I did. We got hundreds of dollars of price drops and in the end we actually ended up paying less for balcony cabins than we'd originally paid for our oceanviews. The only drawback is if you're someone who needs to talk to customer services a lot on the telephone, as you obviously need to call the US customer services line instead of the UK one and that can cost a lot. Some people have used web applications to call for free though, if that's something you're comfortable with. I just sucked up the extra cost of an international call the one time I needed to call them (to upgrade) and it was about £12 in total, but given the savings we made we didn't really mind. In fact we were so pleased with the experience last time that we've already booked the Vista transatlantic on the US site (Early Saver of course!) :D