How to get extra "points"- crown and anchor

cpannkuk

I received 8 pts for an 2004, 7 day sailing, I have no idea why.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Forums mobile app

Back in 2004 cruise credits were issued and not cruise points. You received 1 cruise credit for each completed cruise regardless of he length of cruise.

In 2011 they changed to the current system of awarding 1 point per night. When they did the conversion each cruise credit was equal to 7 points. they also added in a fudge factor of 1.

1 credit became 8 points

2 credits became 15 points

The fudge factor did increase if you had a higher number of cruise credits but that is why you received 8 points.

What's a 0% single supplement?

Most solo cruiser pay 200% of a normal cruise price. However, sometimes there are reduced single (solo) supplements, e.g. 150%. A 0% single supplement would mean a single cruised at the price of one passenger, instead of some % of increase.

Most solo cruiser pay 200% of a normal cruise price. However, sometimes there are reduced single (solo) supplements, e.g. 150%. A 0% single supplement would mean a single cruised at the price of one passenger, instead of some % of increase.

Next time they do this ill book 2 connecting JSs for triple points :D

how long has the JS policy double points been in effect. we booked one years ago in 2011 and looked online and never got double points?

We got double points for Jr. Suite on Voyager in Nov 2011. Call C&A - they should be able to correct your point count.

I know this isn't normal practice on RC ships, but has anyone ever asked for their C&A upgrade mid-cruise and received it? I'll become Diamond on day 2 of my next cruise.

Not looking for the free cocktails, just another quiet place with a nice view to read my kindle during the day. I'll be sailing with my daughter and her friend over spring break. I've read here the views on Freedom class ships are better in the DL than the CL.

We asked on Radiance last week (like you we leveled up on the second night) and it was a polite but definite "no"

Crap! I was counting on double points for our upcoming 15 day Legend cruise.

Technically, they never had double "points", only double "credits".

Under that older system, your 15-night cruise would have earned 2 credits, which by today's calculations, would be worth approximately 14 points. So, 15 points is a reasonable value given the way they did their conversions from the older system.

Back in 2004 cruise credits were issued and not cruise points. You received 1 cruise credit for each completed cruise regardless of he length of cruise.

In 2011 they changed to the current system of awarding 1 point per night. When they did the conversion each cruise credit was equal to 7 points. they also added in a fudge factor of 1.

1 credit became 8 points

2 credits became 15 points

The fudge factor did increase if you had a higher number of cruise credits but that is why you received 8 points.

I didn't know that! I know we received 1 credit for our first sailing, and since then, have been receiving 1 point per day.

So, does this mean that if you went on a 3 day Bahamas cruise(with the old system), it ended up getting you 7 points in the conversion?

Edited by Toddcan

I didn't know that! I know we received 1 credit for our first sailing, and since then, have been receiving 1 point per day.

So, does this mean that if you went on a 3 day Bahamas cruise(with the old system), it ended up getting you 7 points in the conversion?

Actually you got 8 points. We got 22 points in the conversion. . . but we had 23 nights at sea. It was only 1 point, but it still annoys me. :mad:

Actually you got 8 points. We got 22 points in the conversion. . . but we had 23 nights at sea. It was only 1 point, but it still annoys me. :mad:

Ah, that makes sense.. I was wondering where that extra point came from.. our first cruise was a 7 day - and looks like we got 8.

But.. if someone had taken 10 3-day Bahamas cruises before the new system, would they have received 10x7 +1 points? = 71? that's a nice bonus where the current system would have earned 30.

Ah, that makes sense.. I was wondering where that extra point came from.. our first cruise was a 7 day - and looks like we got 8.

But.. if someone had taken 10 3-day Bahamas cruises before the new system, would they have received 10x7 +1 points? = 71? that's a nice bonus where the current system would have earned 30.

It was a GREAT bonus for those who took short cruises. Unfortunately, those of us who go way back didn't make out nearly as well......... Our 14 night Panama Canal cruise in 1999 received 1 cruise credit which translated to 7 points & our 12 night TA in a JS in 2008 became 21 points.

The extra point being referred to was given only once. People who had multiple cruises early on received 1 additional point regardless of how many cruises & cruise points they had.

At Holland America, they also have one loyalty point for each $300 in prepaid or onboard expenses. I really wish Royal would implement this. We've paid thousands, probably tens of thousands in shore excursions of ther years. And that would have gotten us much farther toward the next C & A level.

No factual data, but I imagine for everyone who got dunked a couple of points, there were twice as many who got a nice bonus. ;)

No factual data, but I imagine for everyone who got dunked a couple of points, there were twice as many who got a nice bonus. ;)

You are correct. There were MANY Florida residents that hopped on 3 and 4 days cruises frequently that really made out.

Here is a thread that gives the conversion chart. As you can see the example that Todcan gave above 7 3-day cruises would equal 83 points [diamond] under the conversion.

edit: forgot the link--

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1343037&highlight=how+to+convert+cruises+to+points

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

Gotta love that conversion chart. if I had done all of my cruises to date under the old cruise credits and then converted, I'd have 97 points. Instead I have 58. We had only sailed one 7 nighter on the old system, so got 8 points in the conversion for that. All but one of our cruises since have been 3, 4 or 5 nights. So yeah, with the conversion chart applied to the short cruises out of Florida, you could really bank those points.

I must have been lucky on the credits to points conversion as all my cruises were in the old system, and I made Diamond before my last cruise. I have been converted to 90 points. I am not quite sure how C&A came up with that.

I think I would only be Emerald on the new system. Was Emerald in place when RCCL first changed to the points system?

Explorer, J/S - 1/10/04: 1 credit for cruise, 1 credit extra credit for J/S (Now 14 points) (I think the extra credit for suites didn't come into place till the year before my first cruise)

Enchantment, Inside - 9/7/06: 1 credit for cruise (now 4 points)

Explorer, J/S - 1/7/07: 1 credit for cruise, 1 credit extra credit for J/S (Now 14 points)

Explorer, J/S - 1/14/07: 1 credit for cruise, 1 credit extra credit for J/S (now 14 points)

Explorer, J/S 1/13/08: 1 credit for cruise, 1 credit extra credit for J/S, 1 credit extra for 12 nights (now 24 points) (made Diamond with 10 credits)

Freedom, Balcony - 8/16/09: 1 credit for cruise (now 7 points)

90 points versus 77 points *shrug*

I didn't realize it has been so long since my last cruise. Now that I am near a departure port. I need to take advantage.

It was a GREAT bonus for those who took short cruises. Unfortunately, those of us who go way back didn't make out nearly as well......... Our 14 night Panama Canal cruise in 1999 received 1 cruise credit which translated to 7 points & our 12 night TA in a JS in 2008 became 21 points.

The extra point being referred to was given only once. People who had multiple cruises early on received 1 additional point regardless of how many cruises & cruise points they had.

I don't recall all the exact formula numbers, but at some number of credits, RCCL added a max of 13 points to your total. As an example, we had 49 cruise credits at the time of the conversion and received 49 times 7 plus 13 extra points.

I believe the extra points were supposed to allow for anyone who had a few longer cruises in the mix. It also allowed for a category to category conversion. If someone had 10 credits and were Diamond with the old formula, they had 83 with the new formula and still remained D.

I thought no one lost their category status but from time to time I read of an exception.

SASSOSMI - you likely had the 13 extra points added to your total. 77+13=90

M

Edited by cruisegirl1