New Bistro on Five menu

ClaudiaB

Thanks for letting us know.

In looking back at what I wrote, it would have been more appropriate to say "should have a GF designation" versus "will have a GF designation". While I remember the menu, I wasn't looking specifically for the GF designation the day I was dining in Bistro on Five.

Glad to help!!

We did find out they can make gluten-free crepes, but you need to order in advance (not sure how long in advance). Each time we ate here was impromptu so it was impractical to order ahead.

The menu looks wonderful....can't believe they serve Escargot every day. I know where some of my OBC will be spent. :D We love eating there...so much quieter than the buffet.

Celebrity seems to be the only line that serves them daily.

Wonder where they get them? Do they scrape them off the Hull? :D

No seriously, I am in heaven with those things.

Edited by curtdesilets
spelling

I am very excited about escargot. My first cruise with Celebrity I was very excited to read ahead of time that they were available on the everyday menu. Sadly my cruise was when there was a so-called shortage of snails so I could not get any! I plan to make up for it in May.

Laura

Sometimes there is a seasonal shortage. I wonder if they're prepared the same way they are in the MDR. I could make a meal of them. :D

Sometimes there is a seasonal shortage. I wonder if they're prepared the same way they are in the MDR. I could make a meal of them. :D

I was wondering that too! I liked the old menu for an occasional lunch but never thought of Bon5 for dinner, now with the expanded menu it's a good, cheaper option for formal nights rather than doing Specialty! I'll def be there on Mondays for the mussels!!

Looks great! They need a proofreader though. I can't believe "Entree's" made it to press.

I've noticed an odd apostrophe or two in a lot of titles and signs lately too.

Luckily it won't harm the food.:)

We're very happy about the abundance of escargot, as our last cruise only had them on the menu at one meal!

Edited by Dunmore2

No. Breakfast is crepes. Some of those fillings are scrambled eggs with other ingredients. You can ask for the filling only without the crepe. I also imagine that you could ask for crepes only for your "pancake" fix. Not sure if they have syrup.

I think that the new menus look excellent, and will have me going there more often.

I agree Mic! :)

And to think that a while back there had been rumors that Bistro on Five might be removed from the ships....

So happy they've expanded the menu. The extra $2 is no problem either.

Pat

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

We were on the Solstice recently and we enjoyed Bistro on Five and make a point to go there each time we cruise. However, I would be reluctant to order anything apart from crepes or maybe soups or a salad because even crepes took close to half an hour to arrive with only one other table occupied before we arrived - we went for breakfast and it actually took a good 20 minutes just to receive a cup of tea and coffee.

(Maybe I am being a bit harsh with expectation but it was noticeable compared to other restuarants on board). Not that it was a problem, as we had plenty of time :); just kind of wonder what it would be like if the restuarant was very busy?

I am a big supporter of BO5 - and I am looking foward to going there again on the next cruise.

We were on the Solstice recently and we enjoyed Bistro on Five and make a point to go there each time we cruise. However, I would be reluctant to order anything apart from crepes or maybe soups or a salad because even crepes took close to half an hour to arrive with only one other table occupied before we arrived - we went for breakfast and it actually took a good 20 minutes just to receive a cup of tea and coffee.

(Maybe I am being a bit harsh with expectation but it was noticeable compared to other restuarants on board). Not that it was a problem, as we had plenty of time :); just kind of wonder what it would be like if the restuarant was very busy?

I am a big supporter of BO5 - and I am looking foward to going there again on the next cruise.

Wow, we were on the Millennium last August and had great service, with a similar turnout. Sometimes when we're hungry for lunch, we say "I wish Celebrity's Bistro was on land!"

• 1 year later...
I must have been looking at an old Bistro on Five menu, is the burger and turkey club now off? Also what is the surcharge I seen it posted as $5 dollars, $7 dollars and $10.00 dollars.

Surcharge is $10. Sorry I can't remember what was on the menu last time we went.

Not sure about a turkey club but the burger was on the menu on Eclipse in March, along with the daily specials. It was an excellent burger but would have been better if I had noticed that it had ketchup on it, I prefer mayo. The charge was $10 pp.

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

Surcharge is $10.

The menu shown at the beginning of this thread shows a service charge of $7.

My friend and I didn't like Bistro on Five - we had a savory crepe and a dessert crepe. Both were awful. But this new menu has many more options so I'll be willing to try it again, just not crepes. I love escargot and salade nicoise.

I must have been looking at an old Bistro on Five menu, is the burger and turkey club now off? Also what is the surcharge I seen it posted as $5 dollars, $7 dollars and $10.00 dollars.

This was the menu on the Equinox last month. Both the burger and the turkey club are on it, and the charge is $10.00. I thought the burger was outstanding! I also had the Croque Madame and it was very good too.

IMG_2317-XL.jpg