New Suite Perk

cle-guy

Because that's life. I'm happy to stand aside so that a working man can get through, especially when I'm just coming off vacation. A minor inconvenience for me can mean the difference between him making a decent wage or not, and if he doesn't, there will be no porters, and the elderly, disabled, families, and people just needing a hand won't have one. And one day that will be me needing a hand.

Why?

Because when you and I are getting off the ship at same time why should you get to cut in front of me to go through the customs line?

Because this is a service that is offered and some of choose to pay for this offered service. You can too if you determine there is value in the service and you want to pay for it. The service allows some to have a far leisurely disembarkation process and still get out of the pier in a timely manner.

The choices are

• Get off ship 1st thing, and have no or relatively no lines and pay no fee
  • Get off the ship later, pay no fee and spend time in lines, but save money in your pocket
  • Get off the ship late pay a fee, have less money in my pocket but less time in line

Just like some like to pay extra for an "enhanced legroom seat" and get to board the plane ahead of others who may have lined up an hour earlier, while others could care less and choose instead to keep their extra money and have a seat with less legroom and board later.

Or once can have the free coffee offered in the buffet, or pay $5 for a cup of better coffee in Cafe Al Baccio. It's all about having choices to satisfy the desires of the masses.

Or to specifically address customs lines, some choose to pay a fee to enroll in the Global Entry Program, and never wait in a custom line, others choose not to and instead wait in lines (for now this service is not offered in cruise ports, only airports).

Edited by cle-guy

1 could argue if their is NO special line at Customs...then the ships commitment ended when u got off the ship......When one goes through the lines at the airport..there are special lines that you line up into.....I really could care less that you paid more....no special line, then back behind me you go....

Edited by flames9

1 could argue if their is NO special line at Customs...then the ships commitment ended when u got off the ship......When one goes through the lines at the airport..there are special lines that you line up into.....I really could care less that you paid more....no special line, then back behind me you go....

In San Juan, there is a dedicated Porter line, for the record. They don't just cut in front of the others in the regular line.

Also, as part of Global Entry program, for expedited customs clearance in airports, they affix a sticker into your passport, and if you have any issues using the machines, you simply go to the front of any line (no a special line) show your sticker and they handle you next in line, so even in airports, there are not always dedicated lines for such things, and "jumping the line" is part of the process in certain circumstances.

Edited by cle-guy

In San Juan, there is a dedicated Porter line, for the record. They don't just cut in front of the others in the regular line.

Also, as part of Global Entry program, for expedited customs clearance in airports, they affix a sticker into your passport, and if you have any issues using the machines, you simply go to the front of any line (no a special line) show your sticker and they handle you next in line, so even in airports, there are not always dedicated lines for such things, and "jumping the line" is part of the process in certain circumstances.

if there is a line..cool....if not..I'm a big guy,lol No 1 is any more important than another, with out that dedicated line,lol

if there is a line..cool....if not..I'm a big guy,lol No 1 is any more important than another, with out that dedicated line,lol
It is a dedicated line that anyone who uses a porter can use and it has a dedicated customs officer (whom I assume would help the other line, if they don't have anyone waiting). The line has nothing to do with what class you sail on (I used it in San Juan and didn't sail in a suite) or if anyone is any better than anyone else; the only difference is that the person who uses this line has paid $'s to the porter to carry their bags and would guess the line is their to facilitate the porter's job, so they can get back and assist other passengers. Kind of like, the lines at the airport...if you pay for first class, you get to get on the plane first or if you are chosen for TSA pre check, you go through a different line for security. Edited by NLH Arizona

Porters should NOT have their own line!

All jobs have things that make their work possible. If Porters didn't have a special line then they would have to hire more porters and have them waste company time standing in the normal line. A porter line is a necessity for the job.

As mentioned before, if you want to go through line quicker go with the porter, save time, spend money. Want to save money, don't go with the porter, save money spend time.

Circle of Life

Yes, it's no different from at airports, fast track lines/ express lanes at immigration for customers who either have the highest loyalty level or are paying for top end seats.

Our local airport also has a system where you can pay an additional fee to join a fast track security line - I see that as being akin to paying a porter in other circumstances and that perk is available to all.

What is it on these boards all this upset because some are getting something better than others - it always has been the case and it always will!

Off Connie today. Michael's Club Ooncierge waved those in top Suites and Zeniths to a special line where they had priority to Customs and Immigration. Saved lots of time.

I have to say, I'm very impressed with each new and tiny benefit being afforded to the Suite program on X.

Each cruise there is some new little worthwhile gem I discover. I wish this was in place when I got back on Sille to FLL in December. I waited till late to depart, and porters said they had no special lines to expedite clearance so I waited for about 45 minutes and did not use a porter. I was bummed I couldn't even bypass the part of line to get luggage as I had Luggage Valet and none to claim just my roll along and carryon bag.

Does anyone know if Celebrity formal nights will apply to luminea?

The dress code is smart casual. However I hope that we will not be alone in dressing for formal nights. We had just updated our formal wardrobe prior to the announcement that the dress code is smart casual.

Edited by jules57
adding to original comments

Does anyone know if Celebrity formal nights will apply to luminea?
We heard that it will be just like the specialty restaurants and Blu, smart casual in the evenings.

Any passengers who wish to dress formally of course are free to do so.

They would hardly be likely to open a can of worms by requiring formal attire and denying entry to their highest paying suite passengers for not dressing formally. ;)

The dress code is smart casual. However I hope that we will not be alone in dressing for formal nights. We had just updated our formal wardrobe prior to the announcement that the dress code is smart casual.

You will not be alone if on a cruise with us!

if this is really how you feel, there are seceral communist countries where you can pretend this is how the world works......just quickly turn your eyes aside when one of the "ruling class" walks by you to the front of the line

if this is really how you feel, there are seceral communist countries where you can pretend this is how the world works......just quickly turn your eyes aside when one of the "ruling class" walks by you to the front of the line

Actually I apologize..as I misread....I realize their are "special" lines at airports..cruise terminals etc etc..... Not overly concerned....