Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

Hey MADflyer where do you get this information as I just looked and it is not on Royal's website, in fact they don't have any cruises past April 2016 loaded that I can see. Asking because we are very interested in doing Hawaii to Sydney again in Sept 2016. Thanks, Karen :(

One source,

http://www.cruisecal.com/portal/ItineraryLookup/tabid/2918/Default.aspx?sailID=RCIEX4/23/2016

When I read that German Hapag-Lloyd has increased their share in the English speaking market by 230% this year, I start to look at all the 'Mein Schiff' ships from RCL partner TUI.

I am starting to wonder if RCL will start to market 'small' ship sailings on these four 97000 ton new builds that are already in the channel with one due every year from 2016 to 2019. They would just need to 'enhance' their relationship with TUI as RCL are the ship operator.

I am also seeing RCI position themselves into three brands with Oasis and Quantum class having suite enhancements and premium attractions and dynamic dining, Voyager and Freedom class with enhanced features with additional cabins and reduced public space and then Radiance and Vision class for traditional cruising.

I already suggested a while ago that "Mein Schiff 3" would be ideal for RCL as a future smaller size ship class.

TUI Cruises sails fully booked and will have no problem to fill upcoming ships 4-6 as well. However, RCl could use this prototype and order additional ships for their brand to replace Vision classes.

TUI Cruises ships are only operated on the technical side by RCL, crewing is handled by a third party agent (Sea Chefs).

I already suggested a while ago that "Mein Schiff 3" would be ideal for RCL as a future smaller size ship class.

TUI Cruises sails fully booked and will have no problem to fill upcoming ships 4-6 as well. However, RCl could use this prototype and order additional ships for their brand to replace Vision classes.

TUI Cruises ships are only operated on the technical side by RCL, crewing is handled by a third party agent (Sea Chefs).

RCL still hold the option at Meyer Turku for Mein Schiff 7 and Mein Schiff 8 for 2018 and 2019, I believe. They picked them up last September 19th. There are rumors that those ships are 'for sale' but TUI has denied that this is the case.

With all the Aida ships coming online that is a lot of ships targeting the narrow German speaking market if TUI will have 8 ships.

Sea Chefs is one of the agents that crew the Europa 2 for Hapaag Lloyd as well and they have had to find an 'international' crew as that ship is being heavily marketed beyond the German market.

RCL is in charge of the building of these ships and the marketing to fill them with passengers is done by TUI group.

It just seems that RCI is leaving some markets over to Celebrity and Pullmantur Cruises at this point and they could start to do the same with TUI in the future if the ships were 'international' crewed.

Under current market conditions, they will all sail full no matter how they decide to fill the ships.

So no South America sailings in early 2017? I'm currently booked on Celebrity but was open to switching if RC was less expensive.

RCI have currently pulled out of South America for next year. They pulled out of Colon, Panama last year. In press discussions they made some vague reference to not being satisfied with 'promises' for port improvements in the region not taking place.

RCI have currently pulled out of South America for next year. They pulled out of Colon, Panama last year. In press discussions they made some vague reference to not being satisfied with 'promises' for port improvements in the region not taking place.

I believe that Colon is still showing as a port of call on our October Panama Canal cruise. :confused:

I believe that Colon is still showing as a port of call on our October Panama Canal cruise. :confused:

MadFlyer was referring to the 7-day cruises of Grandeur and Vision up to 2013 where Colon was the home port, and the itinerary was Cartegena/Bonaire/Curacao/Aruba... back to home port Colon. It was a Spanish immersion cruise with most sailing approx 80-90% Spanish/Latin American influence. The Legend or any full transit Canal cruises on any cruise line seem to always include either Cartegena or Colon... or Aruba to satisfy PVSA I believe.

And just wait until you get into Colon... DO NOT leave port by yourself. What a horrible city they've created there. You must have an excursion, private or otherwise, to take you into the beautiful countryside, Lorenzo fort, Gatun locks, or the Embrera Indian Village. The port area and inner city Colon is a major shame.

OK......so who is in the know? I see itineraries on Cruise Cal but nothing released on the Royal website for Hawaii....anyone?

No one is in the know. Just a lot of speculation and hyperbole. ;)

More fun that way

Edited by John&LaLa

No one is in the know. Just a lot of speculation and hyperbole. ;)

More fun that way

Ha Ha.......I guess it was wishful thinking on my part. I just thought Hawaii was usually released by now....thanks :)

Ha Ha.......I guess it was wishful thinking on my part. I just thought Hawaii was usually released by now....thanks :)

RCI have stated they will come with additional Alaska, New Zealand and Pacific Coastal cruises the week of May 11th.

RCI have stated they will release Australia, New Zealand, South Pacific, Hawaii and winter Singapore the week of May 25th.

China is listed only as Future deployment.

I am not sure what they are indicating, but they also include Spring and Fall 2016 Transatlantic cruises are being re-released on the week of May 11th.

MadFlyer was referring to the 7-day cruises of Grandeur and Vision up to 2013 where Colon was the home port, and the itinerary was Cartegena/Bonaire/Curacao/Aruba... back to home port Colon. It was a Spanish immersion cruise with most sailing approx 80-90% Spanish/Latin American influence. The Legend or any full transit Canal cruises on any cruise line seem to always include either Cartegena or Colon... or Aruba to satisfy PVSA I believe.

And just wait until you get into Colon... DO NOT leave port by yourself. What a horrible city they've created there. You must have an excursion, private or otherwise, to take you into the beautiful countryside, Lorenzo fort, Gatun locks, or the Embrera Indian Village. The port area and inner city Colon is a major shame.

Had one of the best excursions ever in Colon - extensive city tour, the old US Military housing area etc - wonderful guide. Had lunch at an upscale hotel on the causeway. Was a ship's tour.

Had one of the best excursions ever in Colon - extensive city tour, the old US Military housing area etc - wonderful guide. Had lunch at an upscale hotel on the causeway. Was a ship's tour.

You were leaving the ship in Colon and transferred to Panama City for that tour. Panama City is wonderful, Colon is a disaster.

Panama is a great destination and I think the only place on the globe where they actually have comprehensive health insurance on all passengers and tourists while in the country with complete coverage. I find that a great idea.

No one though should not heed Hoopster's recommendation to not leave the port area on your own at Colon.

We have been to Colon many times. We either take a shore excursion or stay within the fenced port area.

Our Next Cruise Sales Manager here onboard Jewel is saying Hawaii will be released the week of May 26, but she also said to be on the lookout for a sooner release. Translation: keep checking. :rolleyes: :)

Our Next Cruise Sales Manager here onboard Jewel is saying Hawaii will be released the week of May 26, but she also said to be on the lookout for a sooner release. Translation: keep checking. :rolleyes: :)

Other translation: They don't know either and we will probably know before they do.

You were leaving the ship in Colon and transferred to Panama City for that tour. Panama City is wonderful, Colon is a disaster.

Panama is a great destination and I think the only place on the globe where they actually have comprehensive health insurance on all passengers and tourists while in the country with complete coverage. I find that a great idea.

No one though should not heed Hoopster's recommendation to not leave the port area on your own at Colon.

My memory is failing! The tour that I said was wonderful was in Panama City! Sorry!

My memory is failing! The tour that I said was wonderful was in Panama City! Sorry!

No need to be sorry. I am happy you have fond memories of that tour, but just made that comment based on the fact that Colon Panama is not currently a city where anyone wants to venture off on their own.

RCI have stated they will come with additional Alaska, New Zealand and Pacific Coastal cruises the week of May 11th.

RCI have stated they will release Australia, New Zealand, South Pacific, Hawaii and winter Singapore the week of May 25th.

China is listed only as Future deployment.

I am not sure what they are indicating, but they also include Spring and Fall 2016 Transatlantic cruises are being re-released on the week of May 11th.

Well, Explorer Of The Seas will go Sydney to Seattle via Honolulu in April next year.

Not a fan of the switch from 7 nights to 5 nights for Grandeur to Bermuda.

Agreed. :confused:

Bermuda out of Baltimore is one of our favorite RCI itineraries. Last time we sailed to Bermuda on Enchantment in September 2012 we thought the time in Bermuda was short: only had one afternoon half-day (Sunday) upon arrival at Kings Wharf followed by one full day (Monday) followed by a (Tuesday) morning half-day on departure day.

In 2016 any Grandeur itinerary that calls in Bermuda shows arrival after lunch and departure the next day at the same time.

Has RCI been out-bid for 2016 Kings Wharf docking rights by NCL and Celebrity? YIKES! :eek: