Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

Could the labor problems in LA port have anything to do with it.

RCI pulled out in 2011, before the current (now resolved) issues arose. But the dispute didn't affect cruise ship operations - all of the other lines have managed to get their ships boarded and disembarked without any labor-related issues.

Any Quantum/ Oasis class ships going to be in Australia next year? Wonder when the itineraries for the exotics will be out.

There are more Royal entries in the Sydney port schedule for the '16/'17 southern summer than I would expect for the announced 3 ship deployment (Voyager, Explorer and Radiance). These entries could be a foil for a fourth ship or they are just holding more entries than they will need.

Any fourth ship in this timeframe will not be an Oasis class ship because all 3 finish their announced deployment in Florida around Oct/Nov 2016. I can't believe they would bring one around Cape Horn.

However, I think there is a possibility of a Quantum ship coming down under because Quantum and Ovation are both deployed to China. We can live in hope. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They could ferry to Washington State or Vancouver or fly from Victoria? interesting to see what they do...... when they do decide.

We did the Radiance 63 night inaugural cruise. It was great and we made for live dear friends, that were doing most of the whole cruise with us. It was a wonderful group of people doing this cruise. JD was a busy guy in the CL with our happy group. Lots of fun times were had.:)

Wish RCL was doing what Princess is doing already!! Grand Princess left last weekend from Vancouver to do 2- round trips Van. to Hawaii!!! How great is that?:D

It seems that the PVSA rules are working in favour of Vancouver cruisers and against Californian cruisers. Probably not what the US government had in mind. [emoji6]

63 nights! I'm both green with envy and thankful I haven't had to diet after so long on a ship.

It seems that the PVSA rules are working in favour of Vancouver cruisers and against Californian cruisers. Probably not what the US government had in mind. [emoji6]

63 nights! I'm both green with envy and thankful I haven't had to diet after so long on a ship.

We did a 75 night run from Vancouver down and around Australia and didn't gain a single pound. Lots of gym work, no bread and no dessert (we did eat a meat pie in every port:eek:). Things don't always go so well, after our last cruise a couple of months ago (again we didn't gain) when we got home we slipped and added 15 lbs:o Just got it back off today after a couple of weeks trying. Now to keep going......

We did a 75 night run from Vancouver down and around Australia and didn't gain a single pound. Lots of gym work, no bread and no dessert (we did eat a meat pie in every port:eek:). Things don't always go so well, after our last cruise a couple of months ago (again we didn't gain) when we got home we slipped and added 15 lbs:o Just got it back off today after a couple of weeks trying. Now to keep going......

That is serious discipline... Only one meat pie,in every Aussie port?!! [emoji15]

Looks like the Oasis is doing a short 5 days cruise over my 50th birthday in Dec 2016. Considering it although it's a Bahamas itinerary (I guess to make room for the 8 day holiday cruises). Can anyone tell me when this will be released for booking? I know there was a brochure posted with the dates earlier but I can't seem to find it...

Well you must know things the suits in Miami don't. I'm just saying you need to show support for the crumbs RCL is throwing you or keep flying to the east coast.

I only know what I read from the suits in Miami. AG's blog justifying Mariner's L.A. departure in 2011 was an interesting read. As has been said, Princess and Carnival do quite well out here. We on the West Coast are ever so grateful for the crumbs RCI throws us. Who wouldn't be grateful for 4 West Coast cruises in 2015?!

Edited by travelgoddess1

Looks like the Oasis is doing a short 5 days cruise over my 50th birthday in Dec 2016. Considering it although it's a Bahamas itinerary (I guess to make room for the 8 day holiday cruises). Can anyone tell me when this will be released for booking? I know there was a brochure posted with the dates earlier but I can't seem to find it...

We may book that one as well. It is supposed to be released next week (week of March 30th).

If you want a ship on west coast you need to show their is a need

I was just quoting Piepkorn, he said no one is booking

Didn't Mariner and one of the sovereign sisters used to sail out of LA for like $50 a day

Never saw Monarch at $50 per day. Did see low prices on Mariner during the Swine Flu crisis, but when people started catching on, the prices went back up. Prices currently being offered on Majesty 3 day itineraries are generally much less than Monarch ever offered. An SO cabin on Monarch in LA was typically between $429 and $599. Starting SO's on Majesty 'were' $450, and the prices on upcoming cruises are reduced to less than $300. Even on Enchantment next year, a D1 balcony is still less than what we typically paid for an SO.

So they offered a ship to California, we jumped on it like a good burger. They would have been better to have offered 1 of the coastals in Sept/Oct 2015 to have done Mexico...would have jumped on that B2B, as would most people on our rollcall. 1 person from our rollcall has started a new rollcall, it is ideal for him as he lives in Seattle. Most of the California people will not book these. I will be waiting for Trans-Pacific, but still not hopeful.

I have not read of much speculation regarding the Splendour of the Seas. Her last run is dated April 20, 2016 ending in Venice.

I have booked the last two cruises on the Majesty of the Seas for next year, but word is now that both the Majesty and the Splendour will be leaving the fleet.

Majesty is moving to Pullmentur, and Splendour is being sold outright. So if anyone is interested in the Spendours last cruise, it's between Dubai and Venice.

Rick

Too bad those little ships can't be used in a southern port, like Galveston or NOLA, as weekend or 3 day cruises. A 3 day cruise would be more about relaxation, food, drinks, and shows than about ports.

That is serious discipline... Only one meat pie,in every Aussie port?!! [emoji15]

Well, sometimes we bought one each! The best we had was a lamb pie that we bought off of a little mom and pop shop in Kuranda. In Esperance, the DW bought a chili pie and it was so hot that I had to help her finish it and she needed a chocolate milk to put out the fire. This from people who usually think that food in Mexico is tame!

I have not read of much speculation regarding the Splendour of the Seas. Her last run is dated April 20, 2016 ending in Venice.

I have booked the last two cruises on the Majesty of the Seas for next year, but word is now that both the Majesty and the Splendour will be leaving the fleet.

Majesty is moving to Pullmentur, and Splendour is being sold outright. So if anyone is interested in the Spendours last cruise, it's between Dubai and Venice.

Rick

Rick,

SP is being transferred to TUI, so Royal will still retain a partial ownership.

This was announced in a press release a few weeks ago.

Rick,

Hi Beth,

What I was told was the the SP is being sold to Thomson Cruise Line, which is a UK company, that is a division of the TUI symbol, but has their own fleet, separate from the Mein Schiff ships.

Thanks for the correction.

Rick

Rick,

Beth, here is where I read about the Splendour.

"It's time to start saying goodbye to Splendour of the Seas. Royal Caribbean announced todaythat it has entered into an agreement to sell Splendour of the Seas to TUI Cruises in the second quarter of 2016. The ship will then be leased to Thomson Cruises, which will operate the vessel.

Splendour of the Seas will complete all scheduled open deployment, and no sailings will be altered or disrupted due to the sale.

"Splendour of the Seas has been a treasured member of the Royal Caribbean International family since she entered service," said Michael Bayley, president and chief executive officer of Royal Caribbean International. "She has offered countless guests memorable vacation experiences and we look forward to continuing to provide the same Gold Anchor Service our brand is known for right up to the last sailing." Her final sailing will commence on April 4, 2016, and all officers and crew will remain with the company and will be transferred to other vessels worldwide after the ship leaves the Royal Caribbean International fleet.

Splendour of the Seas is not the only Royal Caribbean ship that will be leaving the fleet. In November 2014, Royal Caribbean announced Majesty of the Seas will be transfered out of the fleet in 2016."

If you notice in this article, from Royal Caribbean, the Splendour is being "sold", and at the end of the article it announces that the Majesty of the Seas will be "transferred out of the fleet"

That is what I was referring to.;)

Rick

Edited by rubrrick

Indy will do 4/5 short runs from PE?

Yes.

She will then leave PC around November 4, 2016 and trade places (repositioning to FLL) with OA who goes up to Port C.

Not to be technical, but Harmony will actually be the ship to replace Oasis. Freedom is doing the 6/8 night itineraries from PE that are only available during the winter (Navigator is doing them in 2015-16). :)

Yes.

Not to be technical, but Harmony will actually be the ship to replace Oasis. Freedom is doing the 6/8 night itineraries from PE that are only available during the winter (Navigator is doing them in 2015-16). :)

I knew that -- guess I was just referncing their exchanging home ports not itineraries. It will be done the same day so it could literally be two ships passing in the night. We will miss FR in Port C -- our favorite ship and port but we may sail out of her in FLL for the 8 night Eastern, a good itinerary.

If you notice in this article, from Royal Caribbean, the Splendour is being "sold", and at the end of the article it announces that the Majesty of the Seas will be "transferred out of the fleet"

That is what I was referring to.;)

Rick

This is a very complex sale. The truth is that both Majesty and Splendour will be sold.

The key difference is that RCL, the company that owns RCI entirely owns Pullmantur Cruises Ship Management Ltd. who will operate the Majesty of the Seas under the name Majesty.

SP will be leased to Thomson Cruises, who is fully owned by TUI Group. The company TUI Travel PLC or the UK does not exist anymore as TUI AG of Germany merged them together last June. TUI Group and RCL Cruises Limited own TUI Cruises together in a joint venture.

To further complicate things, SP will actually be going to a brand called Island Cruises, which is an all-inclusive cruise line operated by Thomson Cruises. They run this with a single ship while they have 4 other ships under the Thomson name.

What is even more interesting is that between 2000 and 2008, RCL also owned half of this single ship company, Island Cruises, but sold to Thomson in 2008.