Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

Ovation confirmed for China.

Mariner Dubai?

Vision Santos?

http://www.cruisingpoweruk.co.uk/docs/Royal-OSN-2016-Schedule.pdf

Ovation - Was that any surprise? Would also bet Mariner stays in China. Vision is the wildcard and has been for a few years.

Thanks for the link....I can relax for a few days.

Edited by Piepkorn

That they have used the term 'Exotics' in some circles to indicate Asia and Australia and then had a separate category for 'Future Deployment -China', I was wondering if the term ROW would now include Asia home ports of Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia then? I guess so.

I was just thinking that Mariner might be Singapore / Malaysia based now. With Ovation coming in and Explorer moving to Alaska.

What made you think the Mariner might head to Dubai?

IMHO that would make sense, since she is already based at Singapore, and to reposition her between Dubai and Singapore would not be such a huge effort, IMHO - repos between Europe and Dubai are much more time-consuming, I think.

And Vision might go to South America than, and Ovation possibly taking over Mariner's itineraries...

Edited by celebrity_fan

IMHO that would make sense, since she is already based at Singapore, and to reposition her between Dubai and Singapore would not be such a huge effort, IMHO - repos between Europe and Dubai are much more time-consuming, I think.

And Vision might go to South America than, and Ovation possibly taking over Mariner's itineraries...

That is why I am asking.

I really hope they do not drop South America and right now it was looking like maybe Vision would head to Dubai from Venice. I hope a TA to Brazil appears actually. There is no evidence of that yet.

I am also happy that Jewel is actually going to San Juan and we should see repositioning booked soon on the port schedules somewhere.

If they could bring Mariner out and over to Dubai that would be fantastic.

Both the Splendour Venice to Dubai and the Rhapsody Singapore to Dubai for this year were scheduled for 14 night sailings, but I think it makes great sense to bring one from Asia every year as sailing around India develops that region as well.

T[...] but I think it makes great sense to bring one from Asia every year as sailing around India develops that region as well.

You could be right - Mariner would be a great example, IMHO, to deploy her from Singapore during summer months, and from Dubai during winter months, providing cruises to Emirates and India... [emoji5]

Yes. Serenade should be on the Winter Caribbean list.

They also did not put Harmony as Winter Caribbean among others.

I am guessing that is because when booking opens up for Harmony it will be for all her sailings ..as in Europe, Caribbean 2016/17 & the TA....rather than having two/three booking opening dates.

I am guessing that is because when booking opens up for Harmony it will be for all her sailings ..as in Europe, Caribbean 2016/17 & the TA....rather than having two/three booking opening dates.

Yes. I thought that might be the case. I hope so as it will save a lot of confusion.

Just wondering(since there are so many posts to go through),has anyone made a spreadsheet or chart of which will be where and when(all in one place)??

I apologize in advance,if this is a repeat question..... the last time I was here on the main boards and mentioned something that was already in black and white,someone just had to let me know about it and made me feel foolish for asking...:o:o(searches do not always work!)

Edited by PH8

Don't cancel yet. If they cancel the cruise, they will compensate you!

Thanks!!

We won't cancel until we have to, we have had them call us before when there was a cancelation- with an alternative cruise and OBC.

The alternative isn't always in the right time frame, see what happens when they get to calling.....

So far you can still book a cruise on ExOS from Sydney and Perth in April/16.

Just wondering(since there are so many posts to go through),has anyone made a spreadsheet or chart of which will be where and when(all in one place)??

I apologize in advance,if this is a repeat question..... the last time I was here on the main boards and mentioned something that was already in black and white,someone just had to let me know about it and made me feel foolish for asking...:o:o(searches do not always work!)

The document linked in post #1523 is pretty good.

Hypothetically, what would the itinerary of a round trip out of San Diego look like?

SD/LA - Sunday

San Francisco - Monday PM until Tuesday PM

Victoria - Thursday

SD/LA Sunday

Similar to the swine flu cruise. They advertised an overnight in San Francisco...but it would seem unlikely that they would burn that much fuel just for one stop. Although I would book this.

Otherwise it would only be as far north as San Francisco, then sail back to Ensenada. I can't see them tendering in Santa Barbara or Monterey with a ship of this size, so they could stop in LA if based in San Diego (or vice versa). Solstice did tender here in Monterey a year (or so) ago, I heard it was a bit 'messy'. I wouldn't do this trip again.

Thanks Bob............any idea about the EN and RH,as far as the Bahamas for Dec 2016??

They might be re-scheduling the RH TA sailing now. She is booked at Funchal on the 12 of November, but appears to be leaving Rome on the 27th of October now, but still unsure.

Either way, RH could be back at PC for Bahamas as early as the 7th of November or the 21st of November at the latest.

EN moves directly in April 2016 to Miami for 3/4 day Bahamas.

I don't think the Voyager class can be modified enough to fit into those ports from an air-draft (height) standpoint. I think RCCL is eventually going to have to either build some more medium sized ships or abandon these ports completely. Another option would be to work with the various governmental agencies to build new cruise facilities that would allow larger ships and not have to pass under these bridges. I don't think rebuilding bridges for cruise ship traffic is economically viable.

Is this where the EDGE project class ships come in to play?

Edited by Pumbaamd

Bob, Victoria satisfies PVSA for a round trip, but not a repo.

http://reason.com/blog/2011/08/08/why-you-cant-take-a-cruise-fro

"[The PVSA] force cruiseships going from one US city to another to either stop at what is called a "far foreign port" (ie., outside of North America), or to stop at a foreign port within North America before returning to the American port of embarkation. Thus, a cruise ship cannot start in Los Angeles and end in San Francisco unless it stops in Tokyo or Lima first. But it can start in Los Angeles, go to San Francisco, then later end in Los Angeles, as long as it stops in Ensenada, Mexico or Victoria, British Columbia first."

I thought this was well written and easy to understand for me

Edited by Hoopster95

No Mexican port is a distant foreign port either.

Not just visit, but end the cruise there; every passenger would have to get off and take the buses back to the US (not a very large airport in Ensenada).

My guess is that the costal cruises would be round-trip from Seattle and might go as far south as San Diego (maybe Ensenada if the trip doesn't include a Canadian port), as doing round trips out of L.A. or San Diego would suggest starting a west-bound trans-pacific from Ensenada.

I could also see, though, having the coastals between Victoria and L.A. or San Diego (or an endpoint in Vancouver, should the funnels be modified during dry dock to allow passing under the Lions Gate Bridge). Then the trans-pacific starts from Victoria (or the aforementioned Vancouver)

The problem with the Solstice going under the Lion's Gate Bridge was her mast, not her funnel. They refitted her so that her mast collapses down to enable her to get under safely. She is still too big/tall to travel up the Lower Inside Passage (between Vancouver Island and the mainland) because of cables which cross over the water at the narrowest point of transit. Which is sad because it is very beautiful section to cruise. She must head down around the south end of Vancouver Island and use the same routes that ships sailing from Seattle use (up the West coast of Vancouver Island).

Edited by Christine Frances

The problem with the Solstice going under the Lion's Gate Bridge was her mast, not her funnel. They refitted her so that her mast collapses down to enable her to get under safely. She is still too big/tall to travel up the Lower Inside Passage (between Vancouver Island and the mainland) because of cables which cross over the water at the narrowest point of transit. Which is sad because it is very beautiful section to cruise. She must head down around the south end of Vancouver Island and use the same routes that ships sailing from Seattle use (up the West coast of Vancouver Island).

Hi Christine. 3dog is commenting on Royal Caribbean's - Explorer of the Seas which is being deployed to Alaska next year, and the implications of how to get the ship from Asia to the West Coast under the PVSA.

Your info is really good though... I know a lot of people posted/complained about Solstice not doing the "Inside Passage" of Vancouver Island and they didn't know why they couldn't