Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

I don't care what the itinerary is really....just want to book it and get on her :D

Though it would be nice if they did add Gib back in.

I wonder if the Transatlantics will go on sale next week or perhaps they will be with the additional Med sailings due to be open for booking the following week.:confused:

That is true. Maybe the 'additional Med' is just Harmony' or the 2 of April could be 'all Harmony'

That way they could release to C&A members first or something as she is a new ship.

At least it is soon.

That is true. Maybe the 'additional Med' is just Harmony' or the 2 of April could be 'all Harmony'

That way they could release to C&A members first or something as she is a new ship.

At least it is soon.

Hopefully RCCL will provide confirmation soon about when all Harmony booking open.

Explorer to Alaska. I did not see that one coming.

I think it's an extremely smart move because of all people who are "missing" Explorer, now they will get the chance again to travel on her without going to the other site of the world.

I guess my first reaction was my best reaction when I saw that Jewel was re-deployed to Europe in 2016.

I first thought that it had to be either a new ship or one of the Asia/Pacific ships.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=45897023&postcount=1321

I think most importantly, the best sign was back in December when RCI got a lot of media attention around improving their emissions standards for 13 of their ships to meet the standards in Alaska and Scandinavia.

http://www.environmentalleader.com/2014/12/23/royal-caribbean-cruises-toward-emissions-standards/

This certainly did open up many more possible future deployments.

I have mentioned before that RCI seem to have developed some pattern of global rotational deployments, especially when dry docks and refits are concerned.

It will now be interesting to see where they send Vision and Jewel from Europe.

Jewel could still return to San Juan I guess, but with Dubai and South America still open it is unclear.

I guess my first reaction was my best reaction when I saw that Jewel was re-deployed to Europe in 2016.

I first thought that it had to be either a new ship or one of the Asia/Pacific ships.

I think most importantly, the best sign was back in December when RCI got a lot of media attention around improving their emissions standards for 13 of their ships to meet the standards in Alaska and Scandinavia.

http://www.environmentalleader.com/2014/12/23/royal-caribbean-cruises-toward-emissions-standards/

I have mentioned before that RCI seem to have developed some pattern of global rotational deployments, especially when dry docks and refits are concerned.

Jewel could still return to San Juan I guess, but with Dubai and South America still open it is unclear.

Jewel Ta from Venice to San Juan would be nice

Sent from my C6903 using Forums mobile app

Didn't they announce in the first press release that Jewel would sail the winter season from San Juan?

Didn't they announce in the first press release that Jewel would sail the winter season from San Juan?

Yes, they did. That is still likely.

I only base the doubt on the fact that there are currently no signs of the Jewel TA.

When there are re-deployments though, things can change.

Jewel Ta from Venice to San Juan would be nice

Sent from my C6903 using Forums mobile app

That would be. They could do a Venice to Barcelona along with a Barcelona to San Juan as well depending on timing.

Jewel shows up for the current final booking at the end of September. More info will come soon.

Explorer is definitely an interesting choice for AK... I.e. No glass covered solarium, and a flowrider being added during the drydock. Could they possibly be closing in the solarium too?

Princess and NCL are deploying ships in Alaska as well without covered Solarium - maybe the Solarium is not determinant whether ships are suitable for Alaska or not... [emoji5]

However IMHO it is really interesting to see Explorer in Alaska and Hawaii - Ice skating and surfing while cruising Alaska - strange... :D

I am wondering however, why RCI is significantly stagnating capacities in Northern Europe from 2015 to 2016 - Serenade is the only ship doing a full season in Northern Europe in 2016 (2015: Brilliance and Serenade), with Navigator doing some Baltic and Norway sailings occasionally...

In opposite RCI is increasing capacities in Med again - are the Med sailings selling much better than Northern Europe??? :confused:

I fear, however, that Ovation will be sent to Far East/Asia directly after delivery in spring 2016 - Miami and Ft. Lauderdale are no options, as we have learned in the video posted by springaussie, Port Canaveral gets Oasis in late 2016 and Cape Liberty gets Anthem.

Ovation was not mentioned in any press release, either for Caribbean 2016/17, nor for Alaska and Europe 2016.

The Europe deployment for 2016 is set as well now.

And it seems that primarily Explorer was scheduled for Asia in summer period in 2016, but since she is moving to Alaska now, maybe Ovation is taking over those Asia (and maybe Australia as well) itineraries.

So what ship does this leave for Around the Horn sailings, if any? And no Panama Canal?

They are not yet deployed.

Jewel or Vision could potentially head to South America or Dubai, unless one of those is dropped.

Jewel is currently supposed to return to San Juan.

The winter Serenade sailings from PE are longer cruises. They have not been deployed yet. They could potentially send Serenade through on a round-trip one time as they have done previously with Legend when she did the long sailings.

I am wondering however, why RCI is significantly stagnating capacities in Northern Europe from 2015 to 2016 - Serenade is the only ship doing a full season in Northern Europe in 2016 (2015: Brilliance and Serenade), with Navigator doing some Baltic and Norway sailings occasionally...

Could the fact that the RCL joint venture with TUI is expanding with 5 new 95000 ton new builds over the next 5 years play a role?

They have the soon to be released Mein Schiff 4 based in Scandinavia for the entire season along with the new Mein Schiff 3 and the original Mein Schiff 1 both for partial seasons.

It seems they might be targeting Aida more directly.

TUI's Hapag-llyod announced they will soon more heavily market to 'English speaking' markets. I am not sure if TUI would ever do that with the future 8 Mein Schiffs.

I fear, however, that Ovation will be sent to Far East/Asia directly after delivery in spring 2016 - Miami and Ft. Lauderdale are no options, as we have learned in the video posted by springaussie, Port Canaveral gets Oasis in late 2016 and Cape Liberty gets Anthem.

Ovation was not mentioned in any press release, either for Caribbean 2016/17, nor for Alaska and Europe 2016.

The Europe deployment for 2016 is set as well now.

And it seems that primarily Explorer was scheduled for Asia in summer period in 2016, but since she is moving to Alaska now, maybe Ovation is taking over those Asia (and maybe Australia as well) itineraries.

I agree. I thought the original plan was Quantum in Bayonne, Anthem in FLL, and Ovation in Asia. When they moved it around and announced Quantum would go to Asia and Anthem to Bayonne, I assumed Ovation would then go to FLL. I guess it could still happen, but it is odd it hasn't been announced. I'm excited for Harmony, but it is an Oasis class, which has been in FLL for some time now, I would think they would still want to send their new class to Florida for a few seasons at least.

I agree. I thought the original plan was Quantum in Bayonne, Anthem in FLL, and Ovation in Asia. When they moved it around and announced Quantum would go to Asia and Anthem to Bayonne, I assumed Ovation would then go to FLL. I guess it could still happen, but it is odd it hasn't been announced. I'm excited for Harmony, but it is an Oasis class, which has been in FLL for some time now, I would think they would still want to send their new class to Florida for a few seasons at least.

Fort Lauderdale won't take any Quantum Class ship due to CVC regulations - don't know exactly what it is, but I learned it in a video, that, for that reason, Quantum Class is not going to operate from there. And Miami is not deep enough.

I am also relatively sure to see Ovation heading to Far East, I do not have any clue where she should sail otherwise...

First I thought Southampton, but today RCI announced that Indy and Navi will sail from there in 2016... ;)

They are not yet deployed.

Jewel or Vision could potentially head to South America or Dubai, unless one of those is dropped.

Jewel is currently supposed to return to San Juan.

The winter Serenade sailings from PE are longer cruises. They have not been deployed yet. They could potentially send Serenade through on a round-trip one time as they have done previously with Legend when she did the long sailings.

Jewel otS back to San Juan seems to be "set in stone", according to press relase - although I would love to see Radiance Class sailing the Cape Horn route! [emoji5]

For Dubai, maybe RCI observes how those itineraries will succeed in 2015/16 season, and than make a decision, whether sending Vision back to South America, or Dubai... :confused:

While it would be a nice surprise, I am at the point where I would not be completely shocked by a deployment of Ovation at Miami.

I am watching those Anthem bookings at Grand Cayman that do not fit her deployment to Bayonne together with the Indy bookings that can not be actual now that she is heading to Europe.

All other RCI bookings at Cayman turned out to be actual.

RCI could really maximize their use of private Labadee and joint venture Falmouth ports as well.

Jewel otS back to San Juan seems to be "set in stone", according to press relase - although I would love to see Radiance Class sailing the Cape Horn route! [emoji5]

For Dubai, maybe RCI observes how those itineraries will succeed in 2015/16 season, and than make a decision, whether sending Vision back to South America, or Dubai... :confused:

The problem I see with Dubai is that I believe RCI already pulled out once for one season to re-negotiate terms and I am not sure if they would be willing to do it again. I also think of all that air inventory into Dubai.

The Jewel re-deployment was just booked yesterday and announced today, proving that anything is possible until itineraries are published and for sale. I would imagine they stay at San Juan, but with Navigator, Adventure and Serenade among others they do have quite good Caribbean coverage.

While it would be a nice surprise, I am at the point where I would not be completely shocked by a deployment of Ovation at Miami.

I am watching those Anthem bookings at Grand Cayman that do not fit her deployment to Bayonne together with the Indy bookings that can not be actual now that she is heading to Europe.

All other RCI bookings at Cayman turned out to be actual.

RCI could really maximize their use of private Labadee and joint venture Falmouth ports as well.

I agree with you. Why would they even put those Anthem port calls in the GC schedule when they had no plans of her sailing there? And like you said, the GC schedule seems to be accurate otherwise. Did someone post on here about Miami getting dredged or something?

The problem I see with Dubai is that I believe RCI already pulled out once for one season to re-negotiate terms and I am not sure if they would be willing to do it again. I also think of all that air inventory into Dubai.

The Jewel re-deployment was just booked yesterday and announced today, proving that anything is possible until itineraries are published and for sale. I would imagine they stay at San Juan, but with Navigator, Adventure and Serenade among others they do have quite good Caribbean coverage.

Of course, that's right. But RCI deploys two ships from SJU for years, and if not Jewel being the second ship for SJU, I do not have any clue which one else should do so... [emoji5]

I think you are right at the point that RCI does not want to make the effort again with re-negotiating their terms for sailing from Dubai for a full winter season.

I think RCI is doing quite good in South America, so why not sending Vision back South America?

Furthermore, it seems the 7 night sailings from Tampa will be dropped down in 2016/17... :eek:

So sadly in winter 2016/17 there will no Western Caribbean sailings covering four ports of call... :(

Edited by celebrity_fan

And Miami is not deep enough.

I have to rely on others for the technical info, but that does not agree with the info given at the 'Captains Corner' when I was on Quantum.

I thought for instance that the Norwegian Getaway and Quantum class have the exact same draft (draught)

Is there another stat. that needs to be taken into account?

Of course, that's right. But RCI deploys two ships from SJU for years, and if not Jewel being the second ship for SJU, I do not have any clue which one else should do so... [emoji5]

I think you are right at the point that RCI does not want to make the effort again with re-negotiating their terms for sailing from Dubai for a full winter season.

I think RCI is doing quite good in South America, so why not sending Vision back South America?

Furthermore, it seems the 7 night sailings from Tampa will be dropped down in 2016/17... :eek:

So sadly in winter 2016/17 there will no Western Caribbean sailings covering four ports of call... :(

My only thought was that with the addition of Navigator from Miami on 9 night sailings, maybe they felt that they could drop down to just Adventure for one season.

There are no clues to go on now, so otherwise it is just opinion.

I have to rely on others for the technical info, but that does not agree with the info given at the 'Captains Corner' when I was on Quantum.

I thought for instance that the Norwegian Getaway and Quantum class have the exact same draft (draught)

Is there another stat. that needs to be taken into account?

I'm confused too. If the draft is the only thing that has to be taken into account, Q Class not being able to go to Miami doesn't make sense.

From a quick good search, it seems that Quantum has the same draft as the Getaway, and is only 1-2ft more than the Celebrity Reflection which sails from Miami.

I'm confused too. If the draft is the only thing that has to be taken into account, Q Class not being able to go to Miami doesn't make sense.

From a quick good search, it seems that Quantum has the same draft as the Getaway, and is only 1-2ft more than the Celebrity Reflection which sails from Miami.

According to the navigation charts Miami should be fine for Quantum (Quantum class draft is 28 feet).

A Federal project provides a 44-foot channel from the sea buoy to inside

Government Cut, then 42 feet to the Fisher Island Turning Basin and to

the end of container berth in Fishermans Channel. Miami Main Channel

on the north side of the Port of Miami has a depth of 36 feet to Main

Turning basin with the same depth which is off the northwest corner of

Dodge Island.

Edited by tahqa