Vowtowow sale?????

Wow, when I first read this post I thought it was a typo, but sure enough, it's correct. I just did a couple of mock bookings on the two eastern-route Oasis cruises in July, and it's easy to hit that $18k range if you have a 3rd or 4th person in that Owners Suite. Can't believe it's jumped so much. I have an OS on Oasis booked for October (though only for two people), and it was a fourth of that cost.

I haven't booked anything new in awhile, and every time I consider adding another cruise down the road somewhere, I see the current prices and change my mind. The ones I do have coming up over the next 15 months were all booked on the same day, but that was last spring.

Yes it was for 3 people. We have sailed in suites with RC for years, GS,OS, CL and sky lofts and never paid anything even close to this. Never paid over 6k for OS for 3 either. For that money you could either rent a fully staffed house on an island or you could fly private and stay at the Ritz.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So I'm going to go ahead and attempt to be "wowed" and book a cruise on either the Liberty or Adventure for this June (will decide this weekend). I have definitely noticed the HUGE increase in the fare for the first person so I know I'm not getting the deal of the century. However, I feel I cant really go wrong with booking now because if after this sale the price goes down I can have mine adjusted.

Does anyone see anything wrong with doing it this way? As far as I can tell there are not anything in the terms that will prevent me from doing this. I am ok with the current pricing and if it stays the same then so be it. We're ready to cruise and want this one to be on RCCL.:D

Edited by sailor05

So I'm going to go ahead and attempt to be "wowed" and book a cruise on either the Liberty or Adventure for this June (will decide this weekend). I have definitely noticed the HUGE increase in the fare for the first person so I know I'm not getting the deal of the century. However, I feel I cant really go wrong with booking now because if after this sale the price goes down I can have mine adjusted.

Does anyone see anything wrong with doing it this way? As far as I can tell there are not anything in the terms that will prevent me from doing this. I am ok with the current pricing and if it stays the same then so be it. We're ready to cruise and want this one to be on RCCL.:D

If price works for you, book it. I wouldn't count on it getting lower until after final payment anyway.

Okay, just read all of the posts here and everyone says just go for a price you are comfortable with. I get that. I am not a seasoned cruiser, having only been on 2 in the past 12 years. I am just now starting to check into prices for comparison. My question is how do I know if the price is reasonable if I don't know quite what I'm doing! I know everyone is going to say just keep checking on prices and I am going to do that but can someone give me a normal average price for a plain balcony room for 2 people? Just so I know somewhere to start! I am interested in Allure or Oasis in Nov of this year from FL to Eastern Carribean. Thinking I need to book soon because my husband wants a midship due to slight seasickness he experienced in past but should I wait out till end of sale?

Okay, just read all of the posts here and everyone says just go for a price you are comfortable with. I get that. I am not a seasoned cruiser, having only been on 2 in the past 12 years. I am just now starting to check into prices for comparison. My question is how do I know if the price is reasonable if I don't know quite what I'm doing! I know everyone is going to say just keep checking on prices and I am going to do that but can someone give me a normal average price for a plain balcony room for 2 people? Just so I know somewhere to start! I am interested in Allure or Oasis in Nov of this year from FL to Eastern Carribean. Thinking I need to book soon because my husband wants a midship due to slight seasickness he experienced in past but should I wait out till end of sale?

To many variables, sale will never end anyway.

November is generally inexpensive if not during Thanksgiving.

Oasis and Allure generally higher than smaller ships

Do not get a central park balcony, avoid boardwalk also. Enjoy the ocean

I would bite between $1500 and $1800 for cabin.

Good luck

Thanks so much for your response! No we are not looking at Thanksgiving, going for our 20th anniversary so trying to avoid excessive children on board! Actually looking at Oasis 11/14 or 11/28. Really want to see the newer larger ships. Why do you say to avoid Central Park or Boardwalk balcony? Don't think we would do Boardwalk because I don't think they are midship anyway, but was contemplating between CP or outside. Thanks so much for the specific price amount to look for. I know the amount is different for all people depending on what they can afford I just wanted a ballpark so that was perfect!

Thanks so much for your response! No we are not looking at Thanksgiving, going for our 20th anniversary so trying to avoid excessive children on board! Actually looking at Oasis 11/14 or 11/28. Really want to see the newer larger ships. Why do you say to avoid Central Park or Boardwalk balcony? Don't think we would do Boardwalk because I don't think they are midship anyway, but was contemplating between CP or outside. Thanks so much for the specific price amount to look for. I know the amount is different for all people depending on what they can afford I just wanted a ballpark so that was perfect!

It all depends on what you are looking for in a cruise. We have had a central park balcony and really liked it. If you are, on the other hand, looking to sit on a private balcony and watch the ocean, it will not work. Some will not sail without the ocean view others will.

With the weeks you have identified I would say you will fine. A note the first full week of November a lot of states are off this week so you may find a lot of kids then.

Why do you say to avoid Central Park or Boardwalk balcony? Don't think we would do Boardwalk because I don't think they are midship anyway, but was contemplating between CP or outside.

I'm not sure what the price difference is between CP and an OV balcony but we were in the CP on the Oasis and while we loved the ship, we did not like the CP balcony. There's really not much to look at once you're past the first day as it doesn't change. When we were out on the balcony we ALWAYS had people looking at us either from people walking in Central Park or from the balconies on the other side of the ship. I LIKE PRIVACY so it just was not for me and from day 2 on didn't find myself out there very much at all. So I wouldn't pay extra for it ever again. But that's just my opinion....

I'm not sure what the price difference is between CP and an OV balcony but we were in the CP on the Oasis and while we loved the ship, we did not like the CP balcony. There's really not much to look at once you're past the first day as it doesn't change. When we were out on the balcony we ALWAYS had people looking at us either from people walking in Central Park or from the balconies on the other side of the ship. I LIKE PRIVACY so it just was not for me and from day 2 on didn't find myself out there very much at all. So I wouldn't pay extra for it ever again. But that's just my opinion....

What they said. Also not much breeze and the balcony is a little smaller

If price works for you, book it. I wouldn't count on it getting lower until after final payment anyway.

We booked a cruise in Nov '14 and been keeping track of prices since. Hoping it would go down and it unfortunately hasn't. [emoji17] Our final payment is due in May '15. I search their site for any kind of promotion i can get my hands on before my final payment but, all i see is this VowtoWow deal. I wonder if I call them, would they at least give me a free beverage package or free anything?!?! Lol I feel I paid way too much this time for an inside cabin for 4 (over 5g's) but, we're "loyal to royal". Just Wished they can be "loyal" to their "frequent" cruisers [emoji53]

We booked a cruise in Nov '14 and been keeping track of prices since. Hoping it would go down and it unfortunately hasn't. [emoji17] Our final payment is due in May '15. I search their site for any kind of promotion i can get my hands on before my final payment but, all i see is this VowtoWow deal. I wonder if I call them, would they at least give me a free beverage package or free anything?!?! Lol I feel I paid way too much this time for an inside cabin for 4 (over 5g's) but, we're "loyal to royal". Just Wished they can be "loyal" to their "frequent" cruisers

We booked a cruise in Nov '14 and been keeping track of prices since. Hoping it would go down and it unfortunately hasn't. [emoji17] Our final payment is due in May '15. I search their site for any kind of promotion i can get my hands on before my final payment but, all i see is this VowtoWow deal. I wonder if I call them, would they at least give me a free beverage package or free anything?!?! Lol I feel I paid way too much this time for an inside cabin for 4 (over 5g's) but, we're "loyal to royal". Just Wished they can be "loyal" to their "frequent" cruisers [emoji53]

Yeah, us too. We booked Dec 2014. I check the price daily. Prices since then have stayed the same until Jan 30th where they went up slightly. I doubt they'll drop before final payment but no harm spending the 60 seconds it takes to check each day. Currently it says the Wow sale is on until Feb 13th but I wonder if they'll just extend it or have another 'wow' sale. Having said that, I'm ok with what we paid for our cruise. The cost of upgrading is too much, but we booked a PR room which will be fun for our kids. At this point, it's more the airline cost that I'm worried about.

Edited by LuCruise

I was watching the BOGO sale for Adventure of the Sea, promenade cabin, for July and decided not to book.

Then they extended the sale so I looked at it again. I had recorded the price from January and the price now for the same cabin, same time, same ship is $911 lower than it was in January so I booked.

I'm Canadian and since our dollar even went down a few cents over that period I was very surprised that the price went down.

Could someone clue me in though on what the RC rules are if the price goes lower yet? Does it have to be before final payment? I've done this on Carnival.....one cruise went down 5 times before final payment and I got the lower price every time.

Yeah, us too. We booked Dec 2014. I check the price daily. Prices since then have stayed the same until Jan 30th where they went up slightly. I doubt they'll drop before final payment but no harm spending the 60 seconds it takes to check each day. Currently it says the Wow sale is on until Feb 13th but I wonder if they'll just extend it or have another 'wow' sale. Having said that, I'm ok with what we paid for our cruise. The cost of upgrading is too much, but we booked a PR --room which will be fun for our kids. At this point, it's more the airline cost that I'm worried about.

Well from the price I paid for to the price it is now, I'm most certainly happy I booked when I did. Even if the price drops, I highly doubt it'll drop to the price i paid for (even though in my opinion, I still paid too much for an IC but whatever. It is what it is I guess) Though, i really do wish they would end this WOW deal and start a new promotion where we can all take advantage of before our final payment [emoji16]

I was watching the BOGO sale for Adventure of the Sea, promenade cabin, for July and decided not to book.

Then they extended the sale so I looked at it again. I had recorded the price from January and the price now for the same cabin, same time, same ship is $911 lower than it was in January so I booked.

I'm Canadian and since our dollar even went down a few cents over that period I was very surprised that the price went down.

Could someone clue me in though on what the RC rules are if the price goes lower yet? Does it have to be before final payment? I've done this on Carnival.....one cruise went down 5 times before final payment and I got the lower price every time.

Yes you can seek and receive the price drops until final payments. They, RCL won't call you. You'll have to call them. If using a TA, the good ones should call/email you and extend the price reductions. If they don't, you need to find another TA.

The Cruising Industry as a whole is experiencing a remendous amount of growth with more & more customers than ever before. RCL appears to be taking the role of pricing standards for the other Cruise lines. Time will tell if this strategy will work. In the first 10 days of May 2014, the BOGHO was severely discounted and many seasoned cruisers booked multiple cruises. We did. Eventually, these cruise dates will come & go and when they do, RCL will most likely offer some other form of sale or discounting to rapidly fill a large portion of their cabins. The balance of unfilled cabins will be then priced much much higher to balance the gross income dollars per sail.

If RCL fails to do this, many will begin shopping/pricing other Cruiselines and lose some market share. I suspect they have a cost avg and gross dollar avg per sailing that they target & strive for.