E mail from New CEO Lisa. Pillow chocs to come back! (3 Threads Merged)

Sparkle 123

Hi Everyone,

I've just received the email a few moments ago. Very nice, and welcome reach out to Celebrity guests, by Ms Lutoff-Perlo.

I've never been all that concerned with the chocolates on it's own merit, but I agree that it shows Celebrity is listening to feedback, and it's definitely a step in the right direction.

Wishing Ms Lutoff-Perlo all the very best of success as President & CEO of Celebrity, and welcome back !

Edited by Host Andy

I think we need about five more people to post the letter in its entirety because we certainly haven't seen it enough on this thread. And really I think this is just a joke! Everybody getting so excited about chocolates on your pillow at bedtime?? Seriously?

If in fact it's an indication of things to come, I think that's great; however the skeptic in me says that they took them away so that she could make a big whoopdido about bringing them back. Next thing you know, they'll be bringing back fresh squeezed orange juice!

"Loyalty is the cornerstone of any successful business, and at Celebrity Cruises we recognise and celebrate this. " Sorry but I find this a very strange statement based on this whole "Love thy Suite" movement. As I stated many times - six 7 day cruises in an inside cabin is MUCH more loyal than a one-timer in a suite for one 7 day cruise (same CC points) that may never cruise again. After 30+ cruises with Celebrity, our group of Elite Plus cruisers in lowly balconies are thinking of taking a lap tray. Based on other threads, the dining room will be more crowded, suites have taken over Michaels & the specialty restaurants, so we figure we'll grab some food and eat on our laps somewhere. Sarcastic - somewhat, but Celebrity PLEASE stop calling CC a "Loyalty Program". By the way, none of us got the email and we leave in just over 2 weeks - most of us are saying 'for the last time on Celebrity'.

"Loyalty is the cornerstone of any successful business, and at Celebrity Cruises we recognise and celebrate this. " Sorry but I find this a very strange statement based on this whole "Love thy Suite" movement. As I stated many times - six 7 day cruises in an inside cabin is MUCH more loyal than a one-timer in a suite for one 7 day cruise (same CC points) that may never cruise again. After 30+ cruises with Celebrity, our group of Elite Plus cruisers in lowly balconies are thinking of taking a lap tray. Based on other threads, the dining room will be more crowded, suites have taken over Michaels & the specialty restaurants, so we figure we'll grab some food and eat on our laps somewhere. Sarcastic - somewhat, but Celebrity PLEASE stop calling CC a "Loyalty Program". By the way, none of us got the email and we leave in just over 2 weeks - most of us are saying 'for the last time on Celebrity'.

What specialty restaurants have been taken over? I was just on the Summit and didn't notice the specialty restaurants not being available to everyone that wanted to go there. Is this something new??

IMHO, the Captain's Club is a loyalty program.

Edited by NLH Arizona

Email received, & while I think it's a nice PR move, pillow chocolates have zero impact on my cruise, I would prefer an email stating that the bath towels would be replaced when worn out, or they'd be adding more staff to serve us (remember when they always helped you carry your stuff in the buffet if needed?) I'd like to see the cabin attendants spread less thin so that there is a more thorough cleaning each day, I'd like to know that my cabin is getting thoroughly vacuumed each day, I would like to have more servers in the indoor & outdoor pool areas to take my drink order on sea days...

Oh, & please, get the suite guests out of Blu :)

I don't expect a return to the Celebrity of 2002 when we first sailed, but a little more attention to onboard detail would be appreciated. :)

Still love Celebrity, & will continue as a loyal guest as long as the quality lives up to the price they expect me to pay.

& Best wishes to Ms. Lutoff-Perlo in her new position.

Edited by cruise kitty

We, too, got this promising email today. It's nice to know Celebrity is listening and I, for one, appreciate this gesture because it sends the right message to us.

On Dec 8, 2014 when the new CEO was announced, I posted the following:

"I add my congratulations also to Mr Bayley and Ms. Lutoff-Perlo on their promotions. Maybe Ms Lutoff-Perlo will bring back the chocolates on the pillow since women like chocolate!:D:D"

This is a class act and a very smart move by Ms. Lutoff Perlo and Celebrity.

Edited by TeaBag

Mmm...hold the chocolates and employ a few more staff in the MDR. At least that was the case on Equinox February last year, my only complaint. Staff there were working very hard, there just was not enough of them! Service was slow and finding the wine waiter was also problamatic. We are on Eclipse in a few weeks for the 14 day cruise and I will be interested to see if this aspect has been remedied to any degree.

Edited by Macadian

I guess that is good news for some but I would rather have the "freshly squeezed OJ" than the cheap chocolates they give to passengers.

We put this stuff in a bag and bring it home to share. We don't eat it, we are weight and sugar conscious. :eek:

Its like leftover Halloween candy. Bring it to work and drop it off in a community room.

Very nice gesture, but one that is 'not listentining'

:o

We, too, got this promising email today. It's nice to know Celebrity is listening and I, for one, appreciate this gesture because it sends the right message to us.

"I add my congratulations also to Mr Bayley and Ms. Lutoff-Perlo on their promotions. Maybe Ms Lutoff-Perlo will bring back the chocolates on the pillow since women like chocolate!:D:D"

Um, yeah, female here & I don't get the chocolate thing.... if I'm going to consume something with empty calories I'd prefer it to be whisky :D

Yes I agree happy news, not that I eat the chocolates(save them for the grand children) but I just love that little special touch. Thank you Celebrity x

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Question upon arriving home---"Did you bring us any Celebrity candy?" G'kids know what is important!

I remember seeing your post, and I'm very glad to find that you were right! I'm sailing in April and look forward to coming back to a freshly made up room in the evening and seeing chocolates on the pillows once again.

There is so much more to surmount than pillow chocolates. :o

I'm pretty excited about learning more aboit the new builds tho...

I'd say it was a brilliant marketing strategy. Props to Celebrity on this one. Edited by NLH Arizona

I'm puzzled, how does an email about the return of something (pillow chocolates) that so many complained about when they were no more, generate so much negativity? Sure, there are other things we might like to see return, or go away, but this is one positive announcement from Celebrity.

Just wondering.

Mary Lou

I'd say it was a brilliant marketing strategy. Props to Celebrity on this one.

I'd agree an announcement strategy at the coat tail expense of previous guests who agreed at some point to welcome announcements like me or others.

I don't mind saying I'm not in the skin for a chocolate square. They got me in email, and I'm intrigued for the new builds, but I'm not a loyalist and a zombie because of a piece of wrapped ganache.

I'm puzzled, how does an email about the return of something (pillow chocolates) that so many complained about when they were no more, generate so much negativity? Sure, there are other things we might like to see return, or go away, but this is one positive announcement from Celebrity.

Just wondering.

Mary Lou

Not wishig to be argumentative…Some didn't complain as some have a higher standard than those who did complain about trivialialities.

This chocolate issue is almost comical. Maybe a small box of chocolates placed in the stateroom would accomplish the goal. It would allow the room stewards more time to take care of the cabin during the cruise.

Appreciate the response from the new president of Celebrity. Listening and responding is always good.

There's calories in whiskey?:D:D

Whiskey???:D

Please, it's Whisky, I don't go for any of that new world swill, :D & & those are some tasty calories :)

***hope everyone knows this is semi-sort of, tongue in cheek, if someone wants to buy me a whiskey, i'll manage to drink it. :)

She gave a great interview a few days ago, you can read it here

http://www.travelagentcentral.com/cruises/conversation-lisa-lutoff-perlo-celebrity-cruises-new-president-49962

I was lucky enough to meet Lisa when she was Director of Onboard Marketing for Celebrity quite a few years ago. I thought I remembered her saying she started with Celebrity as the regional sales manager, and have followed her career ever since. In my mind she was the obvious choice to succeed Dan Hanrahan wen he left, since she is the most well rounded executive in the business (with titles in Sales,Maritime, Hotel, and Launching, Designing Ships), glad Mr Fain finally reached the same conclusion.

So happy for her and can't see what ideas she uses to put her own mark on Celebrity

Scales are adjusted one way or the other by little things. The chocolates coming back tips the scale back towards "Modern Luxury"....a tiny bit.

And if I voice my displeasure, even if a little, the least I can do is voice my gladness that chocolates are back. The SO will be pleased and when she's happy I feel much better.

I think we need about five more people to post the letter in its entirety because we certainly haven't seen it enough on this thread. And really I think this is just a joke! Everybody getting so excited about chocolates on your pillow at bedtime?? Seriously?

If in fact it's an indication of things to come, I think that's great; however the skeptic in me says that they took them away so that she could make a big whoopdido about bringing them back. Next thing you know, they'll be bringing back fresh squeezed orange juice!

Could not have said it better myself. OMG - chocolates are back. Now the comedians can tell the ole chocolate jokes again. LOL