CAPE LIBERTY 411 (and NYC too) Version 4!!

megr1125

Give these folks a call to see what they can do for you. It's way too soon to make a reservation (they only book 4-6 weeks ahead), but perhaps they can tell you if they can accommodate you and what it would cost.

Independent driver - 888-816-0973

The disembarkation on a repo will be different from other cruises because no one will have a car parked at Cape Liberty. The demand on the taxi dispatcher will be higher than normal.

That's a great point. But the Summit is much smaller than Liberty, so hopefully it will be ok!

I use a mobility scooter. Does any one know of a taxi/car service that is accessible (has a lift.) I need transportation from the airport to the embassy suites on Oct 31 and then from the embassy suites to bayonne the next day.

I asked the hotel for any suggestions and they were not able to help me.

I appreciate any help/suggestions .

thank you so much

Mutzy - please post this as a separate thread with an appropriate title so that Meg will see it. She might have some suggestions for you.

Short term (4 or 5 hours) luggage storage near Hoboken Terminal?

Somewhat of a random post but here goes.... are there any suggestions for storing some carry-on luggage on a Sunday nearby the Hoboken Terminal (Hudson - Bergen Light Rail)?

My wife & i disembark from a Princess cruise at Cape Liberty and if weather is decent would like to do some walking in Hoboken without luggage before taking PATH to NYC.

Google is great but haven't yet been able to source out possible solution. Did call a nearby gym facility that opens at 7am however -- understandably -- voice on end of phone indicated short term storage at their facility wouldn't be possible. There is a relatively nearby W Hotel (think the only one in Hoboken) so fallback might be to see if a friendly bellhop can be pur$saided to store some let baggage.

Stored luggage isn't an issue in NYC, lots of options including booked hotel.

If weather is grest was hoping to check out some of the local attractions including Viewpoint, waterway walkway, some foodie things and possibly annual garlic tasting festival at town museum (Oct 11th).

Any ideas welcomed...

Mutzy:

Here is a thread that may help from the disabled cruise board on Cruise Critic. It's under Special Interest Cruising. I searched for "Cape Liberty accessible transportation"

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2068543&highlight=cape+liberty+accessible+transportation

Edited by daju22

What is the best way to return to EWR from the ship? I booked Carmel Limo (with coupon) from EWR to Jersey City. The hotel booked a transfer to the ship for the two of us for $60. Carmel needs a pick up time - not sure when we will be able to get off the Summit from the New England cruise. Returning Oct. 4.

What is available at the port? Thanks in advance.

What is the best way to return to EWR from the ship? I booked Carmel Limo (with coupon) from EWR to Jersey City. The hotel booked a transfer to the ship for the two of us for $60. Carmel needs a pick up time - not sure when we will be able to get off the Summit from the New England cruise. Returning Oct. 4.

What is available at the port? Thanks in advance.

To get from the ship to EWR you can just go to the taxi dispatcher. No need to book anything in advance unless that's your preference.

Cost should be about $55-60.

Edited by njhorseman

mutzy, sorry...been busy...and did not see the other thread...

afaik, the one accessible company is no longer around. it was called Twin Limo...you cAn try googling them

By law, under ADA, hotels must have accessible vehicles if they offer. shuttle service. Emb suites has a shuttle, not sure if it has a lift,,it should. IIRC the courtyard and residence innhave one shuttle in their fleet with a lift.

as far as getting to the pier. can the scooter fit in a van? you may have to try independent driver, accessible transport is a PITA and IMO an unfilled niche market in the area....if I only had more money...

Hi all,

My boyfriend and I are planning on going to Medieval Times after our cruise on Dec 12th (Saturday) and were wondering what we can do for around 4-5hrs? We'll have a rental car and would prefer to stay in NJ as we'll be going to the city at night.

Maybe brunch recommendations?

Hi all,

My boyfriend and I are planning on going to Medieval Times after our cruise on Dec 12th (Saturday) and were wondering what we can do for around 4-5hrs? We'll have a rental car and would prefer to stay in NJ as we'll be going to the city at night.

Maybe brunch recommendations?

If you have a rental car you can drive to Liberty State Park and take the ferry to the Statue of Luberty. There is also the Liberty Science Museum.

If you have a rental car you can drive to Liberty State Park and take the ferry to the Statue of Luberty. There is also the Liberty Science Museum.
Thank you. I wasn't familiar with the Liberty Science Center. It's great that they are part of the ASTC Travel Passport Program.

Twin Mobility Limo is still around!

WOO HOO

Just called them, and they are still in business for accessible transportation needs!

http://www.twinlimo.com

They ONLY do transportation for those needing an accessible vehicle. Basically it's a wheelchair accessible van, styled inside to look more limo-ish. Used them years ago, before my mom passed away. They came a FAR distance to get us (over an hour to our house and an hour and change to the pier..)

Did have questions for this thread - they may have been answered here - this is for October 3 2015 sailing on the liberty of the seas - rccl -

Cost of parking at the pier, is there a hotel / motel close by , and if two people were on the same ticket , can one check in without the other ( different times ) thank you all

Did have questions for this thread - they may have been answered here - this is for October 3 2015 sailing on the liberty of the seas - rccl -

Cost of parking at the pier, is there a hotel / motel close by , and if two people were on the same ticket , can one check in without the other ( different times ) thank you all

Parking at the pier is $19/day. This makes economic sense for a 5 day cruise.

Are you coming from Yorktown Heights? How many people? What is your hotel budget? Hotels are located at Newark Airport or Secaucus. Country Inns Elizabeth is about $152 tax included advance purchase for your date plus $10 parking. You must be selective when you book a hotel at EWR and not book the cheapest hotels.

Folks can arrive separately and check in, but you should each print out your set sail pass and have it with you.

megr1125

THANK YOU so much for the information on Twin Limo. I called them

this morning and have it all set up for pick up at the airport and then

again to the pier.

Embassy suites offers transportation for their guests but cannot/will not

provide accessible transportation for the guests that need it. (the

embassy suites in Ft.Lauderdale said the same thing)

so I am so happy that you were able to assist me in finding accessible

transportion.

thank you so much.

Mutzy (deb)

megr1125

THANK YOU so much for the information on Twin Limo. I called them

this morning and have it all set up for pick up at the airport and then

again to the pier.

Embassy suites offers transportation for their guests but cannot/will not

provide accessible transportation for the guests that need it. (the

embassy suites in Ft.Lauderdale said the same thing)

so I am so happy that you were able to assist me in finding accessible

transportion.

thank you so much.

Mutzy (deb)

Wow...glad it worked out, and I hate to breal it to them, they are in violation of the ADA.....and THAT little tidbit was provided to me by someone at another EWR area hotel...

Bet Hilton Corp would not like a guest to call a civil rights attorney...butbI digress....

Glad I called them, finally had 2 spare minutes, and happy that they could assist!

Taking a taxi from Penn station to breakaway cruise ship on October 4th. Just heard there's a bikeathon. Will the road closures be an issue for us! Also how much do u tip? Nevertheless taken a taxi. Thanks!

I don't know what "bikeathon" you are referring to. The five boro bike tour is in the spring. Other than this week with the pope, generally road closures are such that you can generally just go around. Yes, it will take more time and cost more $$ but you still should be ok.

Taking a taxi from Penn station to breakaway cruise ship on October 4th. Just heard there's a bikeathon. Will the road closures be an issue for us! Also how much do u tip? Nevertheless taken a taxi. Thanks!

I don't know what "bikeathon" you are referring to. The five boro bike tour is in the spring. Other than this week with the pope, generally road closures are such that you can generally just go around. Yes, it will take more time and cost more $$ but you still should be ok.

It's the Bike MS charity bike ride.

We're boarding a cruise that day, and a year or two ago we also boarded a cruise on the day of that event and didn't have any major problems getting to the pier.

Normally you tip a taxi driver 15 to 20% of the fare .

10/4/15

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Bike/NYNBikeEvents?pg=entry&fr_id=26036

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/DocServer/BikeMS2015_30MileRouteMap_V1_forprint.pdf?docID=79708

It starts at Pier 92/94. Meeting at 6:30 am. Bikes take off at 7:20-7:30 for 30, 50 or 100 mile route. Don't know how soon the 30 mile folks would get back to the pier area.

I have searched through a few dozen posts and don't see an answer to a question I have.

I'm from Baltimore and I have cruised out of Baltimore a couple of times. I learned that it's best to bring cash to the pier for parking. Would that be the same at Cape Liberty? Instead of the credit card line or does it matter?

I have searched through a few dozen posts and don't see an answer to a question I have.

I'm from Baltimore and I have cruised out of Baltimore a couple of times. I learned that it's best to bring cash to the pier for parking. Would that be the same at Cape Liberty? Instead of the credit card line or does it matter?

My experience is that it doesn't matter. There are not separate lines for cash and credit. That could change when the new parking garage opens.